Tool RPGM RPG Maker MV v1.62 Linux Mac and Windows

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

donnyshmokes

Nov 8, 2020
I'm on mac and I've been doing the change "www" to "app.nw" thing and it typically works. The only issue is that only a percentage of rpgm games have the "www" folder. Is there any alternative way to run these type of games where folders like "img" and "data" are not stored in a "www" folder?

Reactions: hentai_kid_yoshi

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
If it was this the saves should have been placed somewhere in ~/Library/Application Support/
First, i like to say thank you for the solution.
It works perfectly.
Though, NWJS. should it be installed within the game or within the system. I installed it within the game.
I just trying to go back to Linux using Ubuntu Mate. Its an on and off relation.
Anyway, that is all i need to know as the game runs fine. I am playing Downfall just for reference.

Thanks again

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
I encountered a problem with the game Downfall.
Maybe there is something i need to do more but haven't figured it out yet.
It seems some images are missing, even though they are in the folder.

Example. Snipped.
Bildschirmfoto zu 2022-05-30 17-06-30.png

And some more errors.

Code:
[22256:22256:0530/170443.862824:ERROR:gpu_process_transport_factory.cc(1024)] Lost UI shared context.
[22309:22323:0530/170443.862910:ERROR:command_buffer_proxy_impl.cc(133)] ContextResult::kTransientFailure: Failed to send GpuChannelMsg_CreateCommandBuffer.
[22291:22291:0530/170444.061117:ERROR:gles2_cmd_decoder.cc(3309)] ContextResult::kFatalFailure: fail_if_major_perf_caveat + swiftshader
[22291:22291:0530/170444.063163:ERROR:gles2_cmd_decoder.cc(3309)] ContextResult::kFatalFailure: fail_if_major_perf_caveat + swiftshader

Last edited:

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
The game was coded to support Windows file structure. On Linux the second subfolder "img/pictures" somehow can't be read.
This does not sound good.
The game itself seems fine. I can load old saves. No problem there. But it does not make sense. It loads images but then some don't. Strange indeed. Its the only RPGM game i actually play.

abc192

Apr 5, 2017
Last edited:
Reactions: hentai_kid_yoshi

Angel.cx

Mar 20, 2022
I'm on Linux using the latest nwjs to run games, everything works fine, but with the new SHRIFT game I'm getting this weird error

error.png

Anyone know what might be up? The path seems clearly incorrect, yet when I run the game through WINE it works without any kind of error like this - unfortunately the performance in WINE is almost completely unplayable for me. I'd like to know how to fix this as well..
Thanks for any assistance

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I'm on Linux using the latest nwjs to run games, everything works fine, but with the new SHRIFT game I'm getting this weird error

View attachment 1906383

Anyone know what might be up? The path seems clearly incorrect, yet when I run the game through WINE it works without any kind of error like this - unfortunately the performance in WINE is almost completely unplayable for me. I'd like to know how to fix this as well..
Thanks for any assistance
Too many subfolders which isn't supported on Linux.

Reactions: Angel.cx

gfurst

Nov 6, 2019
Anyone here tried to play BegieAde, seems that native nwjs has trouble playing the animated webm, they have a fix for lagginess here that apparently makes at least frame appear, most of the anims play, however the actual sex scenes seem frozen.

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
Anyone here tried to play BegieAde, seems that native nwjs has trouble playing the animated webm, they have a fix for lagginess here that apparently makes at least frame appear, most of the anims play, however the actual sex scenes seem frozen.
Because of old buggy NW.js and most video plugins to play WebM are broken that needs fixing.

You can try yourself, it's not hard. Just don't go over v48 something as that will introduce bugs since NW was significantly updated and conflicts with current plugins based on older NW code.

Also depending on the video plugin they use, most I found to be having issues of random freezes.

But it affects only a handful of computers, not sure about the number, it can be anywhere between 5-20%.

gfurst

Nov 6, 2019
You can try yourself, it's not hard. Just don't go over v48 something as that will introduce bugs since NW was significantly updated and conflicts with current plugins based on older NW code.
Hello there, thanks for the suggestion, I was using 0.54.1 which seemed to work well with most of the games I try with.
I'm gonna try to downgrade, but then if it doesn't work, I'm basically out of luck.
Its so weird tho, playback started working on some of them but still regularly freeze over the same scenes.

edit: yeah just tried out and version 48 really seems even more broken, doesn't even properly display the right side.

uxuxux

Jan 10, 2018
I'm on Linux using the latest nwjs to run games, everything works fine, but with the new SHRIFT game I'm getting this
This is not ideal and not a real solution but what I did and you can as well - just replace the json files of the japanese version with the ones in the translation's Gaijinizer MV subfolder. Most of the text will be in english and the game can access the images/webm files normally. It's playable through nwjs with good performance. Real solution imho is to wait for a finished game/translation.

dikau

Dec 16, 2019
Tried to play this game called Kotoko is a Little Different on macos (m1), and this came up. Was wondering if anyone has come across this and fixed it?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Make sure there's a file named package.json inside the app.nw folder.
You can copy that file from other RPGM game you have... and paste it in the that Kotoko game app.nw folder.

After, don't forget to edit that file (with TextEdit or other text editor), inside it theres a "name" key, just replace or add the value to that key...
example, replace it to: "name": "kotoko",
Save the file and try running the game again.

Mar 13, 2022
Make sure there's a file named package.json inside the app.nw folder.
You can copy that file from other RPGM game you have... and paste it in the that Kotoko game app.nw folder.

After, don't forget to edit that file (with TextEdit or other text editor), inside it theres a "name" key, just replace or add the value to that key...
example, replace it to: "name": "kotoko",
Save the file and try running the game again.
that worked. thanks!

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes