Tool RPGM RPG Maker Auto-Translator

raziel121z

Apr 2, 2018
i need help with this Translation API failed for [エキスパ] with message: 767: unexpected token at ''

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
Hey guys,

An anon over at 8ch's /hgg/ developed a tool that automatically machine translates Japanese strings of RPG Maker games to English IN the game. In other words, you no longer have to go through various hooks in ITH or chiitrans hunting for the correct text in stubborn games. It also caches the translated blocks so they can be easily accessed next time.

Installation
1. Download and install Ruby 2.2.x (32 bit). I'm not sure if you need all the optionals before the main install but just get them anyways, especially the second box. rubyinstaller.org/downloads/
2. Download and extract the translator program.
Is it only for Japanese games?
I wanted a tool that could hide the codes and symbols next to the sentences, so that I could do a less complicated translation.
In the Ren'py system I already learned how to do good translations, although after it is translated, I have to do a complete translation review because the program translates all meaningless sentences.
I have so many translation requests for RPGM games, but until I get a tool to help me hide Map01 codes, Map02 knows that this is where all the subtitles are.

Oct 26, 2017
looking to get couple games from doujin circle Gyu translated i already downloaded the translator from here but not having any luck actually translation i also got Translator++ the games in question tho are Magika Detektive Anette - Kisekae Sleuth RPG / Hirameki Knight Rena both use rpg XP
If you have the game do you know how to fix this error?
Captura.PNG

Otomo

Dec 17, 2017
Hi. I installed ruby 2.2.3 for windows 64, and tested the translation tool with a japanese rpg vx ace game.
Of course, it doens't work. More, it cause a major error.

Edit : i found a solved the problem. It's about OS language and folders characters in name.
I suceed to translate a RPG vx Ace game. May I should upload it on the forum ?

Last edited:

Inquisidor

Feb 24, 2018
im trying to translate a game of RPG maker VX Ace but every game i put in the program send me errorany one knows how to solve that issue??

Gtg Gtg

Feb 24, 2018
Did you install ruby? And did you update the auto_translate.rb file like the issues page of the github said?
So how do I update the auto_translate.rb ?

Checking the API or the URL that it leads to, it seems that the website is dead or not there.
" "

Thanks

Last edited:

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Has anyone found out how to fix the error nomethoderror (undefined method 'upcase' nil;nilclass)?
I have covered this error in quite a few threads of games posted here where MTL is used.

This is a common error in machine translation and happens because you machine translated. Essentially your robo translation has broken text display commands that RPGM uses to control how long text stays on the screen or how fast it loads. (if you want say the text to be correspond with a sound queue for instance). usually there is a space somewhere breaking up the command and it causes the nil;nilclass error 99% of the time. The way to fix that is to manually go through the entire script looking for where the breaks are and fixing them. This happens alot with machine translations and is a reason just using something like auto translate is a bad idea. 9 times out of 10 you break the game.

edit: these are generally what you are looking for ( \| |. \^) they are the most common but there are more so you need to be on the lookout for any characters that look like this. They are not a mistake they actually are important to the game running properly. if ANY spaces exist between them your translation WILL break.

songoffun

Jun 13, 2017
Ive been trying to use translator++ but everytime I start a project it gets stuck on loading. I get to the stage where it says

Initial Data: path
DONE

yet I'm stuck on a full green loading bar. Not sure If I'm doing something wrong or just not selecting it properly but I have tried it on a few games and can't seem to get past it.

StoneM

Aug 1, 2017
Ive been trying to use translator++ but everytime I start a project it gets stuck on loading. I get to the stage where it says

Initial Data: path
DONE

yet I'm stuck on a full green loading bar. Not sure If I'm doing something wrong or just not selecting it properly but I have tried it on a few games and can't seem to get past it.

Probably your Game folder is in Japanese or there are files with Japanese characters in your game folder. Translator++ doesn't like your game folder to be named in a weird way, just rename it with something simple in English.

For example the path to your game should be. "D:\MyGames\MyJapaneseGame" but if it's named "D:\MyGames\音量調整" it will not work.

Also you should change your locale to Japanese

Reactions: songoffun

songoffun

Jun 13, 2017
Probably your Game folder is in Japanese or there are files with Japanese characters in your game folder. Translator++ doesn't like your game folder to be named in a weird way, just rename it with something simple in English.

For example the path to your game should be. "D:\MyGames\MyJapaneseGame" but if it's named "D:\MyGames\音量調整" it will not work.

Also you should change your locale to Japanese

Gave both a try, it did seem to actually start translating some of the files or at least reading them but even after changing the game name to an english one and changing the locale it still got stuck on the last part. Think it might just be the game.