Tool RPGM RPG Maker Auto-Translator

Alexander Krisnov

The Dead Commisar
Uploader
Sep 14, 2016
HOLY SHIT GUYS THIS ACTUALLY WORKS........cut and pated from ULMF

Hey guys,

An anon over at 8ch's /hgg/ developed a tool that automatically machine translates Japanese strings of RPG Maker games to English IN the game. In other words, you no longer have to go through various hooks in ITH or chiitrans hunting for the correct text in stubborn games. It also caches the translated blocks so they can be easily accessed next time.

Installation
1. Download and install Ruby 2.2.x (32 bit). I'm not sure if you need all the optionals before the main install but just get them anyways, especially the second box. rubyinstaller.org/downloads/
2. Download and extract the translator program.
(Older version, less buggy, use this one first)
(New versions will be posted here, wait for next update)
3. Run the .exe, open up settings in the top left and specify the folder for the output dir. Make sure there are no Japanese characters in the path. (It should look like C:/Folder/OutputFolder)
4. Specify the game you want translated by finding its .exe in the game directory path row. Again, make sure there are no Japanese characters in the path.
5. Hit translate then wait

If your game isn't getting translated or the program is stuck on "cache loading", open up auto_translate.rb in notepad, delete the contents, and then copy all the text from line 2 down in ghostbin.com/paste/gzrs5

Also, since the project is open-source, and I don't know how to code, if someone knows how to integrate an offline translator like ATLAS, that'd be great since right now it's using an online translator. (or make a program that can take the string in and return the translation, then the creator said he would integrate it himself.)

A few pictures:
NOTE: cant seem to download from filedropper.com best download from github......also rpg mv games are not supported yet(not that i know of any jap dev using that)

MaddRabbit

Sep 6, 2016
Testing this now with Downfall daughter ver. 1.0. (2.6 GB, downloaded it form PL) But i also have sport practise in a minute, so i'll let you know if it succeeded this night. If the translation is good i'll upload the translated game tonight to one of the admins.

If it is a succes, i'll to translate more Japanese rpg maker games.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2016
Now this is a game changer. There are a lot of games on ULMF that I've wanted to play but couldn't/passed on because of the language barrier. A good portion of their community is dedicated to translations and if this can automate the process it'll speed things up to a crazy level.

MaddRabbit

Sep 6, 2016
Just came back from sport. The translating was done, but when i want to start the game it gave me the error:
Unable to find file:
Graphics/System/NowLoading
Did i do something wrong?

Alexander Krisnov

The Dead Commisar
Uploader
Sep 14, 2016
Just came back from sport. The translating was done, but when i want to start the game it gave me the error:
Unable to find file:
Graphics/System/NowLoading
Did i do something wrong?
Go to Graphics/System check if the file is there or if it is in jap lang also follow the instructions to the latter i think that will work i tried it with dark elf historia from oneone1 and its traslated but the game is not opeming have to check using small game

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
Eviva 8chan! :D At least one time a hero of the working class...
held_der_arbeiterklasse.jpg

MaddRabbit

Sep 6, 2016
I manually unpacked/decrypted the game with this tool
The error was gone, but the game still wasn't translated. When i read the ULMF topic about this tool i've found this:

"Certain games, especially those by OneOne1 read most of their dialog and text from different script engines not native to RPG Maker. The tool will run for these and recognize some common data files to automatically skip over but to translate the actual text requires you to work with those other scripting engines and is not currently possible."

So it's probable bad luck that i wanted to translated a big OneOne1 game, i'll try now with a small non OneOne1 game to check the tool out.

Reactions: Alexander Krisnov

Alexander Krisnov

The Dead Commisar
Uploader
Sep 14, 2016
I manually unpacked/decrypted the game with this tool
The error was gone, but the game still wasn't translated. When i read the ULMF topic about this tool i've found this:

"Certain games, especially those by OneOne1 read most of their dialog and text from different script engines not native to RPG Maker. The tool will run for these and recognize some common data files to automatically skip over but to translate the actual text requires you to work with those other scripting engines and is not currently possible."

So it's probable bad luck that i wanted to translated a big OneOne1 game, i'll try now with a small non OneOne1 game to check the tool out.
If you want to check better use a game whose tralation is available then you can compare the two i think there are a few non oneone1 games which are big

MaddRabbit

Sep 6, 2016
It takes a while to translate a game. (Processed 214130 lines in 21123.885217 seconds)
The output seems very machinebroken english, if you like to play the games not for the story but going from scene to scene this is a usefull tool.

Alexander Krisnov

The Dead Commisar
Uploader
Sep 14, 2016
It takes a while to translate a game. (Processed 214130 lines in 21123.885217 seconds)
The output seems very machinebroken english, if you like to play the games not for the story but going from scene to scene this is a usefull tool.
at least it works inside the game rather than some hooked up translator

least it works inside

Last edited:
Reactions: MaddRabbit

Fushan

Respected User
Donor
Aug 12, 2016
i did the translate, but when i try the game.exe it popup "Failed to load script"

Edit: i redid it and now i can start but now everything in the game is still japanese,

Edit2: i found this in logger now,

Last edited:

MaddRabbit

Sep 6, 2016
The output dir has to be like E/Dowloading begins/Testy/ etc.
Like the instructions in the OP says you can't have Japanese signs there, (in your case ¥)

Fushan

Respected User
Donor
Aug 12, 2016
The output dir has to be like E/Dowloading begins/Testy/ etc.
Like the instructions in the OP says you can't have Japanese signs there, (in your case ¥)
i now fixed it, but game still is japanese :/

Edit: maybe was the game i tested, im trying 2 other games atm and never got all this text with first game, imgur.com/a/iAqpN

Last edited:

Obiyo

Aug 5, 2016
ok, now the last thing i need to do is where can i find japanese rpgmaker games?

Warsat

Oct 4, 2016
do not translate whole game,use it for items,skills etc. only.i try few games and every game gets broken,or use it on not heavy script,moded etc. games