rpdl.net discussion & questions (torrents)

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Yo Thanks a lot ! That was pretty simple for newbie like me. By the way, which of the 3 torrents you had dropped of in the OP is the best? An done more thing, most torrents are available are only for Win 10 but I am on Win 11. So won't that create any problem right?
Windows 10 or 11 shouldn't matter i think, honestly not sure though. If I had to pick one I'd probably pick qbittorrent too :)

Abbathor

May 6, 2020
Well after using your torrent for Shattered I can safely say I will be using it whenever I see it for a game, it was hovering around 8-9 Mb/s and only took 20ish minutes for all 14gigs to download.

• Red Heart
Reactions: RPDL

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Well after using your torrent for Shattered I can safely say I will be using it whenever I see it for a game, it was hovering around 8-9 Mb/s and only took 20ish minutes for all 14gigs to download.
Fantastic, that's what I was hoping to hear. Thanks for the feedback!

riverrungames

Dominus vobiscum
Game Developer
Sep 18, 2021
Thank you for setting this project up, hope you get the support you're looking for.

Also this thread really deserves to be stickied so more people can see the good work being done.

• Red Heart

SukanMedik123

Aug 25, 2019
I downloaded your Shattered torrent and it was really good so thanks!
At the start I had some problems getting the download to start (it was jumping between not downloading and a couple of MB's), after it really started I had a consistent download between 10-15 MB till the end. The download finished in 20 mins

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
rpdl request for Vis (game now has two versions one original sandbox and second version VN).
Post these torrents when you do it in the game thread.

sinrtb

Nov 4, 2017
What a great service thank you!

Just to share some comparisons for DL speeds (I am Portland OR):

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This is the max speed I get for any torrent due to my VPN that is using split tunnelling (only my qBitorrent traffic goes through VPN).
These are about standard for these download sites for me.

Mega is significantly faster but not as fast as torrents and is limited by what the OP said as well as the daily download size limit.

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
Original version from OP - should I literally make 2 torrents for it? I don't mind.
Yeah becuse dev now created two versions, one original with sandbox and second VN without elements of sandbox, you can see two different versions in the OP now.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Yeah becuse dev now created two versions, one original with sandbox and second VN without elements of sandbox, you can see two different versions in the OP now.
Maybe not, does the "with sandbox" version allow you to play it like a VN?

Dev could have named them better, version1 = "sandbox", version2 = "VN"

Let me know and I'll be happy to get the second version up anyhow.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
SHattered torrent is going without issues so far at ~5-6mib/s.
About what percentage of that is your normal download speed? Thanks!
around 30 mb/s but i can dl with speed around 80 mb/s on steam and other platforms
Ha, you're one of the lucky ones with truly fat internet connections. I don't quite have the network to sustain the big boys like you properly (yet).
I downloaded your Shattered torrent and it was really good so thanks!
At the start I had some problems getting the download to start (it was jumping between not downloading and a couple of MB's), after it really started I had a consistent download between 10-15 MB till the end. The download finished in 20 mins
Yeah, I'm not really sure why this happens. Sometimes when you add the torrent you have to STOP/START it for it to find peers, otherwise it sits for 5 minutes and does nothing. It's pretty annoying. I'll see if I can find out more information on it.
What a great service thank you!

Just to share some comparisons for DL speeds (I am Portland OR):

This is the max speed I get for any torrent due to my VPN that is using split tunnelling (only my qBitorrent traffic goes through VPN).
These are about standard for these download sites for me.

Mega is significantly faster but not as fast as torrents and is limited by what the OP said as well as the daily download size limit.
Is 2.4mbps still a good download speed for you with/without VPN? It feels low but I know not everyone is fortunate enough to have proper fast net connections.

Thanks everyone for the feedback by the way!

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
Maybe not, does the "with sandbox" version allow you to play it like a VN?

Dev could have named them better, version1 = "sandbox", version2 = "VN"

Let me know and I'll be happy to get the second version up anyhow.
As you can see there are two different versions of 1.5 in the OP.

Original
(The original build that contains the sandbox feature.)

and
VN
(The build that has the sandbox feature removed.)

1636760722524.png