Tool RPGM RPack Extractor

tsum

Jun 25, 2018
Same, sadly i got "Malformed attachment request" and cannot download both version. Maybe you could try uploading to mega or something?

deersied

May 26, 2017
Tried to use it to extract the data.rpack from this game (mega dl link on the last page):

edit: oops forgot that ulmf requires registration to see links, here's the mega link
But got 0 valid data-file paths, with the error "Mining appears to have failed. Nothing got found."

It is a proper format as far as I can tell, with wfPcrypt.dll in the main folder, and "WFRGSS@CRYPT-EX" when pulled up in notepad.

If you could take a look at it, I would be grateful. I've been wanting to mess around with the game for some time, as the developer has abandoned it. The extractor seems to have worked fine on the image.rpack.

Here's a mediafire link to just the data.rpack if you don't want to dl the whole game:

Last edited:

leweder

Dec 8, 2018
Hey I wanted to say THANK YOU xj47 for the awesome extractor, you've saved me a ton of time.
The other day I was looking at a thread about a game that had it's files packed up into ".rgss" archives and used "wfProject.dll" to fetch stuff from them.

What I did before discovering your "enlightening" work:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So I figured if I get some free time today, I'll automate the whole process.
I don't know ruby, no really I don't, I swear I just look at those Rpgmaker scripts and wing it....but hey there's been a ton of extractors for "regular" encrypted rpgmaker stuff, surely someone out there has something that could be repurposed for what I'm doing riiight? WRONG!

After discovering your "enlightening work":
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So looong story short, you are now 99% responsible for another version of what would eventually become "White flute" CRYPT-EX being defeated! Yay, how do you feel, is there anyone you would like to thank, your friends, family, mister ?
Anyhow here's the binary + source for it, you earned it:
wfProject-Rgss-Decrypter
Also why is there always some random av no one has ever heard of flagging stuff with generic "we don't know what this is so it must be bad m'kay"!

Now real talk, does anyone have the actual programs that were used to pack stuff into those .rpack and .rgss archives, all links seem dead? Being able to test input/output files would have made this even easier.
Once more thanks!

leweder

Dec 8, 2018
Tried to use it to extract the data.rpack from this game (mega dl link on the last page):

edit: oops forgot that ulmf requires registration to see links, here's the mega link
But got 0 valid data-file paths, with the error "Mining appears to have failed. Nothing got found."

It is a proper format as far as I can tell, with wfPcrypt.dll in the main folder, and "WFRGSS@CRYPT-EX" when pulled up in notepad.

If you could take a look at it, I would be grateful. I've been wanting to mess around with the game for some time, as the developer has abandoned it. The extractor seems to have worked fine on the image.rpack.

Here's a mediafire link to just the data.rpack if you don't want to dl the whole game:
It uses a different version of CRYPT-EX.
Extract this file into the "dll" folder in "rpack extractor" and overwrite, then try extracting again, you'll get the images.
I'll look into getting the data some day when I have more free time.
Note that you might get errors if the directory is too deeply nested or uses unusual letters (so keep it short, for instance -> "C:\Extract_test\dll\extractor_wfpcrypt.dll")

Reactions: deersied

anonjunkbox

Nov 1, 2019
I can't download it. Every file get identify as [VIRUS]. Even after ignore that, I got "Malformed attachment request" too.

leweder

Dec 8, 2018
I can't download it. Every file get identify as [VIRUS]. Even after ignore that, I got "Malformed attachment request" too.
Gonna take a wild guess and say you've got some or a combination of things from this answer going on?
In the future you can go to the main page https://f95zone.to/ and "search" the entire site for "Malformed attachment" or whatever else problem you've got, chances are it's already been answered. You can also narrow search down to just the thread you are currently in, or the category the thread belongs to (development, discussion, etc.).
And the fact that Mcafee thinks some of this stuff is a virus is a pretty good indicator that it is in fact not a virus.
Also once you get the downloads working you can literally look at the source code with your own eyes and compile it yourself.
Extra points if you can convince Mcafee and other garbage tier av's to stop being.....garbage ;)

leweder

Dec 8, 2018

Finally had a bit of free time today. Since I'm a dumbass I wasted 15 minutes deflating and comparing the starting script and the .dll's only to realise that the differences are inconsequantual and that the extractor just didn't know about this version of Rpgmaker using the ".rxdata" file extension. Feels strange to claim glory by just adding one more line of code.....but whatever I'll take it, shower me with praise regardless, I won't mind.
RpackExtractorV1.2
You might need to first extract the standard encrypted files from "Game.rgssad" with something like decrypter and then extract the .rpack files in order to get "all" the files.

Also if anyone cares those 15 minutes of foolishness did yield some information, the API call "V" is used for deleting scripts in this version.

yusana8258

May 12, 2022
Can you upload this on mediafire? It says Malformed attachment request. I'm trying to decrypt this game:

xj47

Nov 4, 2017
Can you upload this on mediafire? It says Malformed attachment request. I'm trying to decrypt this game:
I've re-uploaded it here: