Tool RPGM RPack Extractor

SvenVlad

Modder
Aug 11, 2017
Just uploaded a new version which may fix your problem.
Sadly, still not working :(
-I'm trying with Fleeting Iris
-Since wasn't working, tried again (more the once, even using adm mode) the archieves in test folder. Still nothing.
-Thought maybe could be the hard drive. My games are in D:/, so I transfered to C:/. (some JRPG Maker Games only work in my C Drive. Oo)

Anything else I can try?

xj47

Nov 4, 2017
Sadly, still not working :(
-I'm trying with Fleeting Iris
-Since wasn't working, tried again (more the once, even using adm mode) the archieves in test folder. Still nothing.
-Thought maybe could be the hard drive. My games are in D:/, so I transfered to C:/. (some JRPG Maker Games only work in my C Drive. Oo)

Anything else I can try?
Hmm, some questions:
- How far is the extractor getting?
- Does the window close right away?
- If the window stays open, what error message are you getting?
- What OS are you using?
- Do you have your system locale switched to japanese? (I'd expect it to work either way though)
- Have you successfully used similar .exe applications downloaded from the internet?

SvenVlad

Modder
Aug 11, 2017
Hmm, some questions:
- How far is the extractor getting?
- Does the window close right away?
- If the window stays open, what error message are you getting?
- What OS are you using?
- Do you have your system locale switched to japanese? (I'd expect it to work either way though)
- Have you successfully used similar .exe applications downloaded from the internet?
Wow, so many questions :WutFace:

Nevermind, I got it working. It's was my AV as always complicating my life.
I think it extracted everything. Great job, great program. Thank you very much :heartcoveredeyes:

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
It doesn't, I mentioned this earlier in the topic. You can run the extractor with a locale emulator (back to an American locale) but there are so many other files that are involved in making it work which you CAN'T run with your locale emulator. If you want this to work you have to be in an English locale (or at the very least, not Japanese).

Dragonflight

Dec 10, 2017
Thanks for the tool and the read on the thread! Personally, I'm not interested in Fleeting Iris or any game that requires decryption atm but it 's always a pleasure to follow that spark of 'I have to solve that problem' and eventually seeing it pulled through. Very much appreciated.

wrarar

Dec 19, 2017
Hey,

After days of banging my head against a wall I've created a tool that can extract all* assets from .rpack archives.

I know there's been tools around for a while now that can extract stuff from an .rpack archive, but I think they all require you to know what the filepaths are for the assets (or they try to get around that by brute-force guessing.)
This tool is different because I've found a way to get a full* path list for the files stored in a .rpack archive.

To be precise, each .rpack file includes an index that lists all the paths it includes. This index is normally encrypted (or obfuscated at least) but once a asset query has been performed, a decrypted copy will be stored in memory. By performing a full memory dump for the application and then sifting through the data, a full lists of paths can be generated.
Once the path list has been generated, the same general process is used as with the already existing tools. (if you know the path you can just have the rpack-library decrypt it for you)

To use it, just extract the folder, copy into it the game.rpack and/or image.rpack file you want decrypted, and run ExtractStuff.exe

So far I have only tested it on "Fleeting Iris v0.83", but it should work for all games.
If you find a game that it doesn't work for please let me know and I will try to fix it.

(*The method is not completely fool-proof but it should get 95%+ of the files)

Changelog:
08/01/2018
Updated to version 1.1
Instead of being a mix of python script & dummy rpgmaker game, the whole thing is now a C program compiled as a single exe file. The image extraction is a fair bit faster, but it still takes a couple minutes for archives with thousands of images. Source code is included.
congrats it works...it take some time but works. ( use it on fletting girls game imagerpack is like 3500 images) im gonna keep add this thing to my collection.

xj47

Nov 4, 2017
Have you created a CLI?
Sort of?
It's written like a command-line tool, but it doesn't have any arguments (you just place the files you want extracted in the same folder) and it opens a console window when you double-click the exe.
So it has no interface and it doesn't need to be run from a console window. Not sure if you can call that a CLI.

It doesn't have a GUI if that's what you're asking.

chinsaww

Dec 1, 2019
Hi

Realy thanks for your post
you give me hope in my project, because I've been looking for a long time how to extract rpack files from DYING LIGHT
AND THAT MAKES ME crazyyyyyyyyyy :)

Unfortunately I still cant extract them but I hope you can help me, your "test files " works good i can find on file "extracted " but if i try with the dying light rpack it doesnt work :/

please help me
what do i have to do please

sincerely

Last edited:

xj47

Nov 4, 2017
Hi

Realy thanks for your post
you give me hope in my project, because I've been looking for a long time how to extract rpack files from DYING LIGHT
AND THAT MAKES ME crazyyyyyyyyyy :)

Unfortunately I still cant extract them but I hope you can help me, your "test files " works good i can find on file "extracted " but if i try with the dying light rpack it doesnt work :/

please help me
what do i have to do please

sincerely
Do you mean this Dying Light?
It's possible that the they just coincidentally use files with a .rpack extension but which don't use the same format, in which case I can't really help you : /

Does the game folder contain "wfPcrypt.dll"?
If you open a .rpack file in Notepad (or some other plaintext editor), does the first bit of the file say "WFRGSS@CRYPT-EX="?
If not it's probably a different file format.

Dec 9, 2019
Hello xj47

I have the same problem like chinsaww (very surprised that someone in the Dying Light community wants a rpack extractor)
but... yeah~ the game folder doesn't contain "wfPcrypt.dll" or have "WFRGSS@CRYPT-EX=" in the .rpack files when opening with notepad. I really want to extract these files... Just like the other guy its driving me insane! If you don't know whats going on that's fine, but if you can lead me into the right direction or if you have any suggestions for me to find an extractor, that would be great.
(I'll reply asap)
Edit: Also if you want me to send you a file or two to mess around with, put you discord. I'll add you asap. If not discord ill make it a download through mediafire or mega, if you want of course.

Thank you~

xj47

Nov 4, 2017
Hello xj47

I have the same problem like chinsaww (very surprised that someone in the Dying Light community wants a rpack extractor)
but... yeah~ the game folder doesn't contain "wfPcrypt.dll" or have "WFRGSS@CRYPT-EX=" in the .rpack files when opening with notepad. I really want to extract these files... Just like the other guy its driving me insane! If you don't know whats going on that's fine, but if you can lead me into the right direction or if you have any suggestions for me to find an extractor, that would be great.
(I'll reply asap)
Edit: Also if you want me to send you a file or two to mess around with, put you discord. I'll add you asap. If not discord ill make it a download through mediafire or mega, if you want of course.

Thank you~
I'm not gonna promise anything but I'll take a look at the format and see if I can make sense of it.
PM me your discord tag and I'll add you there

xj47

Nov 4, 2017
any word on the dying light .rpack files? any sense out of them?
No, I stopped working on that. It's a completely different file type so it's not really related to the tool I posted here. If someone else wants to work on it I can share my notes and observations with them.

phenixz1

Jan 14, 2023
Sorry I can not download , the page said ' Malformed attachment request ' the top one and Dec 12, 2022 both do not work,maybe can you change '.zip'to ' 'just nothing?