Mod Abandoned Rogue-Like Chonky Mod [v0.3] [Ron Chon]

3.30 star(s) 3 Votes
Jul 21, 2017
as the mc for us fans that like shifters mostly tho this mc would be good for adding bestiality lol I'm selfish

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
If I'm not missing any info or other sources, it's officially dead now; looks like he shut down github repository.

Reactions: 8008i

Syliar

Jul 21, 2017
Ok... "it's an Oni asset which isn't included with Redacted by default". What do you mean? Where can I download then "mod pack from the drive"?
.... That's kind of straight forward. The project didn't include anything made by Oni but if you check the proper google drives for it the Oni stuff is there as a mod pack.... Not that it was fully implemented.

Is this dead/abandoned? I've read the replies to this thread and from what I could gather the guy behind it stopped working on the mod. But im not quit sure. If there is someone who knows something about the future of the mod, if it has one, please clearify. Thank you in advance.
The githubs for it are now either hidden or deleted so no idea.

Redaddict

Nov 5, 2019
some clothes sprites are missing, like rogue's bikini bottom part, when she uses it it doesn't appear, not that i mind but......

camdanryeker

Jul 2, 2020
Notes for Devs:

1. Sometimes sprites will be missing. When the game reaches a missing sprite for a sex scene, all subsequent sprites will be missing too.
2. Girls will drag you back to their rooms, then vanish.
3. Sometimes the game will break upon turning a girl around during sex.

This is a very ambitious mod. Hopefully, subsequent updates from Oni will play nice with this version.

• Haha
Reactions: Syliar
Jul 27, 2020
.... That's kind of straight forward. The project didn't include anything made by Oni but if you check the proper google drives for it the Oni stuff is there as a mod pack.... Not that it was fully implemented.

The githubs for it are now either hidden or deleted so no idea.
That's doesn't explain anything.

Syliar

Jul 21, 2017
That's doesn't explain anything.
Got my wires crossed with Redacted though the same basically applies here. Ron stripped out all the outfits that weren't yet upscaled by his pet AI tool using buddy, he did so messily because he planned to put things right back so the assets are missing. Even if you put the assets in from the base game it would still be messy. As well as being improperly aligned/scaled.

Anyway it's dead.

Notes for Devs:

1. Sometimes sprites will be missing. When the game reaches a missing sprite for a sex scene, all subsequent sprites will be missing too.
2. Girls will drag you back to their rooms, then vanish.
3. Sometimes the game will break upon turning a girl around during sex.

This is a very ambitious mod. Hopefully, subsequent updates from Oni will play nice with this version.
It's dead. Someone really needs to lock the thread or something.

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
Not wanting to wake people's hopes from their graves, but looks like his is online and active again. Yet I'll continue assuming its dead, so if a new version is ever being released again, it will just be a very nice surprise.

Syliar

Jul 21, 2017
Noticed it came alive as well, all the new code additions are kind of broken. Will they work, more or less but it's more cobbled together stuff and the clothing code alone is bloated/approached entirely wrong. That said it's the Redacted github and not the one for this thread.

ronchonbon

Game Developer
Jul 18, 2019
Oh damn, I didn't know there was a thread for Chonky Mod. Or maybe I blocked it out?

I'm still here, trucking along on . Rogue-Like wasn't particularly fun to work on anymore, both in terms of slogging through the original game's code and the community. I feel like anyone can read through these comments and understand why, but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter. I'm just a regular person making smut in my spare time. Sometimes that means I don't have much time or energy to code. Someone else is more than welcome to take over rewriting Rogue-Like, all the code is out there.

At any rate, I'm happy to share progress on my project so far. The art for the prologue is finished, Rogue and Laura's standing sprites are done, and the character artist is working on the sex scenes that will be unlockable through gameplay. The background artist is almost done with the essentials: once that's done, I want to start getting creative with some more interesting settings/backdrops for scenes.

Speaking of getting creative, I decided at some point that I was going to find a way to bring more characters into this world than just the X-Men. I'm not sure yet how I want that to be justified in-game, or if it means there will be a spin-off game housing non-mutant characters. But yeah, you can expect more characters like Daenerys to start popping up in previews.

I've been making moves to make the code more modular for a while. Characters and events are now just folders/files that you drop in to the game directory, for example. I'm really hoping that that will lower the activation energy for me to make more progress writing events. If anyone thinks they could make faster progress writing scenes, they're more than welcome to help out.

That's it for now. Try to remember that I'm just a dude making a free-to-play game for fun. This grab-your-pitchforks attitude is kind of silly.

Last edited:

Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
ronchonbon Nice job m8, keep at it. Toss an updated link every once in a while if you feel like it. I'd wager focus on a girl at a time art-wise add whomever you desire I suppose just give a reason how/why they appeared (all though I bet you have so my point is moot).

Reactions: Slash0451

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
Woah, cool to see some pulse from this, man, I hope you manage to complete it without much trouble.
ronchonbon do your plans remain the same as when you started, of have you shifted towards a different idea with the project?

Reactions: Ghostload
3.30 star(s) 3 Votes