RPGM Abandoned Riley's Magic Swap 2 [v0.06] [jessmarco50]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

vickze

Nov 10, 2018
Wow.. I am surprised with the Riley son revelation.. I choosed Elly(lesbian option) not that guy that I think that was a prince..

WHO IS THE FATHER? Is revealed in the previous game?

Fortunatelly I see that now the previous game is completed.. I will download it before play more and receive more spoilers..

Last edited:

fetishgirl

Jan 13, 2019
Thank you so much. I needed this. I hate to say it because it sounds like complaining but when every comment on all the forums is negative I start to feel like it's a bad game and I stop working on it. I know that people just want to help by telling me what's wrong with the game but it becomes a bit soul crushing after a while. I would love to keep making this game until it's done as long as there are people who still want to play it.
Sorry for slow response and I understand that but please don't give up. It is coming along great and sometimes people come across as harsher then they intend to. The earlier criticism about the lack of Riley is just people attached to the great story you wrote around her not hatred for the new protag. As for the game mechanics they are a huge improvement since you first started part 2 and you will get that sweet spot of satisfaction eventually. However don't work too hard to the point you get sick of it either your health and sanity is more important than the game.

The first had great game play balance, the story was great and the mix of fetishes fantastic. If this game is even half as good as the first I would be very happy in terms of game mechanics I am sure this will surpass the first game. Thanks for your time and fast response.

Reactions: ronney

Kalenz123

Dec 13, 2018
OK, it's been some time since I played the first game. Can someone help me out? Cause I have no clue who Alex is.

yourownchicken

Nov 23, 2018
Thank you so much. I needed this. I hate to say it because it sounds like complaining but when every comment on all the forums is negative I start to feel like it's a bad game and I stop working on it. I know that people just want to help by telling me what's wrong with the game but it becomes a bit soul crushing after a while. I would love to keep making this game until it's done as long as there are people who still want to play it.
Sorry for slow response and I understand that but please don't give up. It is coming along great and sometimes people come across as harsher then they intend to. The earlier criticism about the lack of Riley is just people attached to the great story you wrote around her not hatred for the new protag. As for the game mechanics they are a huge improvement since you first started part 2 and you will get that sweet spot of satisfaction eventually. However don't work too hard to the point you get sick of it either your health and sanity is more important than the game.

The first had great game play balance, the story was great and the mix of fetishes fantastic. If this game is even half as good as the first I would be very happy in terms of game mechanics I am sure this will surpass the first game. Thanks for your time and fast response.
A few things to say. First, thanks to this site, I've played a plethora of games and enjoyed many of them and disliked some of them--But I've never really felt the need to ever comment on any of them. Having randomly stumbled upon the first game on tfgsite, I wasn't sure what to expect. The synopsis and plot were really brief, and what made me have a whirl at the game was actually the latest review on that site. Imo, there are a lot of games for the RPG maker that don't really find the mark. And more often than not, it's either due to the wrong choice of engine rather than the game itself, a lack of engaging storytelling that kills the desire to continue on with it, or an endless grind that bores you out of it.

With all that said then, it took me 5.5 hrs to complete the first game (true end) and that was only romancing one of the characters. This is where I'd have to agree with the earlier comment -- Riley was a great protag, and the situation/story you gave her was what could drive it forward and how it became what it was today. Following her adventures to get to the main antagonist was a very enjoyable experience--Leveling flowed pretty naturally, having multiple options to acquire money for quests was interesting, and the usage of always having something to do while exploring (the flames) kept my attention level throughout the game. Add to that, finding out about who certain characters actually were, and yeah you hooked me well -- sunk your fangs in deep.

Why say all that though? Because I know that games like this which, imo, have great success, also create a pressure AND demand for the next game to be just as good. And that is a good thing! For me, I'm excited to play this next one here and want it to be completed already. I can safely say that I can't wait for this one and will eagerly play it when it's complete. It's hard for me to not just try out what you have right now, but it's just a quirk of mine that I don't like playing anything incomplete. I'm too impatient for that :cry:, especially if it's good and I HAVE to wait.

I did look into supporting you as well, and saw in a earlier post that you're doing this in your free-time. All I can say is that's pretty commendable, but don't forget then that you are in charge of yourself. You are taking time out of your life to just give people something to enjoy. It's easy to ignore that especially when there is a demand for more, but ultimately the way I see it, you're doing something comparable to a hobby. People can say all they want, but it should be something you feel proud about. Remember that you created something that people like me really enjoyed. Something that could potentially become something that goes down in history. Sure you can say I'm exaggerating, but there are many examples of games with rocky starts, that turned into something extraordinary. Every game can have at least ONE thing to improve on sure, but the picture as a whole is what really matters, and you have something really great going on here. I really do hope you continue this series as well and I have this post URL in my bookmarks to keep tabs on this.

Best of luck, and I look forward to the game!

Tldr: Was unsure of this game -- found out of site. Played the first one and loved the story. Can't wait for this one to finish so I can continue this story. Shrug off comments designed to hurt, take critiques for what they are, and nurture your game into something extraordinary--you have one huge fan, I'm sure there are many more out there. Have this one saved on my watch-list.

lagaard

Jan 25, 2018
So I found this game today while seeing what comes up when I searched for 'strip' in the search bar... and actually, I'm kind of pleasantly surprised. I did, admittedly, start playing this game for all the 'wrong' reasons probably, but there's some nice stuff here. There's certainly some heart in it all, which is always rather nice.

While I know I'm not really the target audience here, given I originally played to figure out how to do this strip blackjack quest, the Dorms' War sidequest was actually rather fun to do since there was some unexpected little character development and all that going on for it.

I know its not the focus of the game or anything, but I do feel the strip mini-games could really do with a little dialogue during them to make them feel a bit more organic. It does seem a bit odd, particularly in the Dorms' War match, that there isn't some dialogue to go with it. While I get Tracy is the protagonist, so if she loses its assumed Dani and Alice lose as well, but I think it would help to have Dani and Alice comment or something as Tracy undresses to keep the continuity going or something.

Still regardless, you should keep doing this! I can certainly tell you've got some heart and soul in this, and it'd be a shame to see someone abandon a passion project like this because of some negative feedback about the Strip 99 mini-game (which is pretty strategic, once I figured it out!).

jessmarco50

Sep 30, 2018
So I took a break from the game to deal with a lot of life stuff. I have been working on it again and hope to be able to post something before xmas. If anyone would be interested in helping me game test the new section of the game or know anyone who is good at minor sprite editing feel free to pm me.

Reactions: BrokenRose

sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
So I took a break from the game to deal with a lot of life stuff. I have been working on it again and hope to be able to post something before xmas. If anyone would be interested in helping me game test the new section of the game or know anyone who is good at minor sprite editing feel free to pm me.
I'm so glad to hear this! Between the silence and your last post (regarding negativity you've received) I was starting to worry you'd dropped the project, which would be a tragedy :D

Not only is the story genuinely interesting, but the characters are wonderful and it was hard not to become attached to them by the end of RMS1. And on top of that, you've managed to do something I've never come across in a game before - you made me actually enjoy ABDL content! Seriously, this is a big deal - let me explain what I mean.

I'd never liked ABDL - in fact, I actively disliked it - in anything before (or after for that matter) RMS1. Yet in RMS I absolutely love it! I couldn't understand at first why in this one case (or, more accurately, 2 cases) it appealed to me at all, much less appealed so much... until it hit me:
In other games, ABDL basically just amounts to "diaper fetish." The diaper is literally the entire focus, and is there solely for fetish appeal. In RMS' case on the other hand, they're not really sexualized - not only do they serve a necessary, practical purpose, but they're absolutely not the main focus of the ABDL content.
The real focus is on the emotional aspect. In a weird way, it's not even particularly "fetish-y," just extremely wholesome, filling important emotional needs - whether that be Alex's desire for a child and Riley's need to be cared for and comforted amid the chaos her life has become, or Tracy's general need for any sort of happy and healthy familial connection. The sexual aspect is entirely secondary, yet combined with that emotional context it still winds up being incredibly erotic.
It's something I'd never seen done with the fetish before or since, and I can't wait for more ;)

On that note, I swear there had better eventually be a way to resurrect Alex somehow. Riley deserves to have her mommy back :(

Reactions: fetishgirl

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
I have to say I enjoyed Riley's story. I think I could enjoy the 2nd one, but the strip game needs to be reworked so no scum saving is needed.

Let me expound just a bit, I usually went for 7 as the game would then pick a 1-7 as the next decision tree. Then out of the blue the first 3 rounds of the boy contest it picked 7-9 forcing the boy to lose. Not a big deal, I'm playing the Tracy. Then for the next 4 moves when I chose 7, the boy chose 5 and the game went with a 5-7 making Tracy the loser.

The game, (mini-game) needs less randomness for that 2nd choice, making a wider spread imo.

I do not enjoy save scumming. I'm usually not one to save every 5 steps unless I'm forced to (Alone Amongst Demons, anyone?) That game required save scumming.

So after I finally won the tournament, I'm headed back to the girls dorm and get jumped by 3 boys while still down on health from the frat boy in the boy's dorm. Okay, my bad for not buying a healing potion, but did the guards have to take all my gold when they threw me in jail for indecent exposure?

Lesson learned next playthrough I'll buy some stuff before I go there, so I'm not losing any money, but I really don't want to go through the hassle of the mini game again.

I guess I could use the skip function, but again, I'll be missing the story. So Jess, take this as constructive criticism and not a general bashing, and look at that mini game some.

I enjoy your work, I enjoy it even more because you are not trying to leach money off of it, imo, you could charge for the content and many people, myself included would be willing to pay for it.

Good luck man.

Edit: And make it to where when we are skipping through the text that we've read thousands of times because of the scum saves, that we don't lose the round because of accidentally selecting 0 as the number, give it a buzzer, and make us pick again.

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
So is the strip blackjack another you lose mechanic?

I went and ground out level 4 before attempting the previous encounter, and still lost the 3 v 1 fight.

Taking a break from this game for a while until I see some changes in the changelog.

jadegreen

Jul 31, 2018
Started playing this again and wondering why using the bucket is covered in a big black square. it hides everything. im just wondering why it there and if it can be removed

fetishgirl

Jan 13, 2019
I'm so glad to hear this! Between the silence and your last post (regarding negativity you've received) I was starting to worry you'd dropped the project, which would be a tragedy :D

Not only is the story genuinely interesting, but the characters are wonderful and it was hard not to become attached to them by the end of RMS1. And on top of that, you've managed to do something I've never come across in a game before - you made me actually enjoy ABDL content! Seriously, this is a big deal - let me explain what I mean.

I'd never liked ABDL - in fact, I actively disliked it - in anything before (or after for that matter) RMS1. Yet in RMS I absolutely love it! I couldn't understand at first why in this one case (or, more accurately, 2 cases) it appealed to me at all, much less appealed so much... until it hit me:
In other games, ABDL basically just amounts to "diaper fetish." The diaper is literally the entire focus, and is there solely for fetish appeal. In RMS' case on the other hand, they're not really sexualized - not only do they serve a necessary, practical purpose, but they're absolutely not the main focus of the ABDL content.
The real focus is on the emotional aspect. In a weird way, it's not even particularly "fetish-y," just extremely wholesome, filling important emotional needs - whether that be Alex's desire for a child and Riley's need to be cared for and comforted amid the chaos her life has become, or Tracy's general need for any sort of happy and healthy familial connection. The sexual aspect is entirely secondary, yet combined with that emotional context it still winds up being incredibly erotic.
It's something I'd never seen done with the fetish before or since, and I can't wait for more ;)

On that note, I swear there had better eventually be a way to resurrect Alex somehow. Riley deserves to have her mommy back :(
Great summary I couldn't have put it better myself and I really do hope it comes back.

Reactions: sdibolcrif

hshdgdhdj

Mar 11, 2020
good thing I still have to beat the first game, I think I am probably 40% done with the first game, this will still take a while to finish though so I might wait until the game is half finished. good luck though :)

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
marked abandoned
Saw this one coming when I first started playing it lol. I remember finishing part 1, and thinking "Man, that was cool! Can't wait for part 2. Then playing part 2 for about 30 minutes and realizing..."meh." It just seemed like the dev put more passion and effort into the 1st one, then lost interest.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote