VN None Request translation of Indiscreet Mother Yukari and Yukari after story as DRM is removed from them

Yambidexter

Jul 16, 2020
I wasn't able to open data_etc.dpm with GarBro for Indiscreet Mother Yukari 1.48a, but I found a tool which was posted about 3 months ago. Was able to unpack, translate a couple of sentences and pack it back.

A couple of folks posted in this tread, one claiming that he's 99% done with translating all of the Rascou games (!?) apart from word wrapping issue. Another guy translates one of the games too. Don't know if it's (corrected) MTL or manual translation, so it's kind of FYI, and maybe someone would be able to help with the issues they're having?

One of the issues is seemingly similar to what was described in this post with text messaging system.

P.S. The site where I found a tool also has a about translation of Indiscreet Mother Yukari (or Afterstory) game to Korean and might be of some help for the hero(es) that decide(s) to translate Rascou games to English.

Last edited:

xitrumdien123

Nov 13, 2019
For Yukari's After Story, I managed to extract the .DPM dialogue file with GARBro (Data_etc.dpm?) This gives you about 600~ dialogue files in txt format. I loaded the .txt files into Translator++ with a .txt file parser, then translated with Sugoi. Then, I used the 'Hot Soup Processor' (link to it below) to repack these text files back in to a working .DPM file. It works... mostly. The ingame 'text' message system thing is very buggy and is still stuck in Japanese (Messages are translated in the files, but for some reason they just don't show up ingame.) At certain points, viewing texts or blogs will crash the game. But that aside, if you don't look at the text messages, the main dialogue seems to work fine.
A few screenshots:
View attachment 2321463 View attachment 2321476 View attachment 2321477
Link to Hot Soup Processor:
Can you share for me the txt parser model or tell me how to create it? my translator++ can't get the text from txt files

Reactions: Dorf56 and nano1111
Apr 17, 2018
Y'all need to give up if you saw #62 linked post its impossible to translate rascou games, cause of the engine issue, at least until someone with higher knowledge to be able to tweak the game and input the translation into the game.

thedoomerjo

Apr 25, 2017
finally
what about the second one?
Indiscreet Mother: Yukari's After Story
Only the first one for now, but I think it's important to stress that they've miraculously found a way to work with that bastard engine Rascou uses, which was the biggest hurdle in translating it to begin with. With that out of the way, they'll almost certainly translate the second one eventually.

nano1111

Jan 16, 2023
Only the first one for now, but I think it's important to stress that they've miraculously found a way to work with that bastard engine Rascou uses, which was the biggest hurdle in translating it to begin with. With that out of the way, they'll almost certainly translate the second one eventually.
i hope so
i don't know why Rascou use old and complicated engine when ther is easy to use engine like renpy and kirikiri