VN None Request translation of Indiscreet Mother Yukari and Yukari after story as DRM is removed from them

thedoomerjo

Apr 25, 2017
They are all great. But as of today, is impossible to extract the text and translate them :/
For Yukari's After Story, I managed to extract the .DPM dialogue file with GARBro (Data_etc.dpm?) This gives you about 600~ dialogue files in txt format. I loaded the .txt files into Translator++ with a .txt file parser, then translated with Sugoi. Then, I used the 'Hot Soup Processor' (link to it below) to repack these text files back in to a working .DPM file. It works... mostly. The ingame 'text' message system thing is very buggy and is still stuck in Japanese (Messages are translated in the files, but for some reason they just don't show up ingame.) At certain points, viewing texts or blogs will crash the game. But that aside, if you don't look at the text messages, the main dialogue seems to work fine.
A few screenshots:
game.png game2.png game3.png
Link to Hot Soup Processor:

Last edited:

NTR Angel

Modder
Mar 17, 2021
For Yukari's After Story, I managed to extract the .DPM dialogue file with GARBro (Data_etc.dpm?) This gives you about 600~ dialogue files in txt format. I loaded the .txt files into Translator++ with a .txt file parser, then translated with Sugoi. Then, I used the 'Hot Soup Processor' (link to it below) to repack these text files back in to a working .DPM file. It works... mostly. The ingame 'text' message system thing is very buggy and is still stuck in Japanese (Messages are translated in the files, but for some reason they just don't show up ingame.) At certain points, viewing texts or blogs will crash the game. But that aside, if you don't look at the text messages, the main dialogue seems to work fine.
A few screenshots:
View attachment 2321463 View attachment 2321476 View attachment 2321477
Thanks mate for the info. Would you like us to translate it? Or will you post the mtl?

• Red Heart
Reactions: thedoomerjo

thedoomerjo

Apr 25, 2017
Well I really like mom shota ntr. I believe there are two games right? I'll leave it on hold at the moment cause we are working on some big projects, but I'll put on my list for sure ^^
Perfect! Thank you so much! Oh yeah, when it comes to mom/shota NTR this is one of the greats, imo :cool:. It's the second one.

thedoomerjo

Apr 25, 2017
A few screenshots:
View attachment 2321463 View attachment 2321476 View attachment 2321477
Just for future reference to anyone else wanting to give translating this a bash: The dialogue files (named s000, s001, etc.) contain plaintext lines of English seemingly crucial for deciding backgrounds, character sprites, music, etc (example, "m21" "b_0701k" "b0k") - don't touch these. Even capitalizing them breaks whatever they were meant to do and will make you stuck in a scene even if the lines of dialogue progress to the next. Whitelisting Japanese lines in Translator++ allowed me to batch translate most of the dialogue while leaving the English lines be.

Light77

Dec 27, 2017
Just for future reference to anyone else wanting to give translating this a bash: The dialogue files (named s000, s001, etc.) contain plaintext lines of English seemingly crucial for deciding backgrounds, character sprites, music, etc (example, "m21" "b_0701k" "b0k") - don't touch these. Even capitalizing them breaks whatever they were meant to do and will make you stuck in a scene even if the lines of dialogue progress to the next. Whitelisting Japanese lines in Translator++ allowed me to batch translate most of the dialogue while leaving the English lines be.
Can you do a MTL for it? I think we will be waiting a long time before NTR Angel picks it up.
MTL with DeepL is readable and much better than untranslated text.

Last edited:

NTR Angel

Modder
Mar 17, 2021
Can do a MTL for it? I think we will be waiting a long time before NTR Angel picks it up.
That's true. You guys can MTL it if you prefer. Although if the MTL version goes public I won't be able to justify a manual translation. But you guys are free to do whatever you want ^^

thedoomerjo

Apr 25, 2017
Can do a MTL for it? I think we will be waiting a long time before NTR Angel picks it up.
This is more of a proof of concept really, to demonstrate that text can be extracted, translated, and repacked back into the game. As I said, I'm a noob when it comes to translating. I posted the link to the software used for repacking the game's DPM files in the hopes that someone more experienced than I can give it a go and maybe solve the problems I've so far encountered, namely the whole ingame text messages still being in Japanese being the main one, and translating them such that the game doesn't crash when viewing some of them lol. What I have is, imo, far off from being presentable, even as an MTL, and it'll take me while if at all to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Also, the solution may be in Hot Soup Processor itself, but it's all in Japanese and I can't speak the language lol, and there's precious, precious little info about it in English online.