• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Tool RenPy Translation tool

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

wasya2009

Dec 13, 2018
is it notepad++. which files should be edited
what?
game/tl/turkey/All *.rpy files watch how to, in:

game/tl/turkey/options.rpy (complete)
game/tl/turkey/game_gui (complete)
game/tl/turkey/scripts/intro00.rpy (complete)
game/tl/turkey/screen.rpy
game/tl/turkey/scripts/Intro.rpy

Last edited:

saymana

Sep 10, 2019
i watched videos. you did edited just intro.rpy files? can you make a video how to make all thing from zero

timezealot

Oct 14, 2019
First of all, I have to say that my English is not very good.
I use this software to try to translate a Russian game into Chinese. Mostly it's worked.The translations file is good,and yandex online translation worked.But the yandex translate isn't very accurate. Google translate however is much better,so here is my problem,google online translation not working,I have to do it manualy.
I did as your PDF tutorial.The software did find the google.json file,after I click the Translate using Google button,and there is a window said translation completed.The translations file has no changes,nothing.
I hope you can help me with this, thx!

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Hello, timezealot. From your screenshot I see that "Dialogues translated" is 0.
If you have translated all the dialogues with the help of Yandex before, it's okay, because everything has already been translated. Try to generate dialogues again (this will refresh the translations.txt file). And then translate them with Google.
If this will not help, and you still have the same problem, attach the Log.txt file to your message here, maybe it will contain some errors, and provide the link to the game, I will take a look myself.

wasya2009

Dec 13, 2018
timezealot
使用翻譯的Yandex或Google後,必須點擊這裡(截圖說明)將其導入到遊戲文件。在此之前,該翻譯是存儲在文件translation.txt旁邊的程序的可執行文件。

该程序不知道如何复盖字符串。.. 它只适用于空字符串。 如果您已经翻译过,这些行会被填充,并且程序对它们有问题。 因此,如果您尚未备份"TL"文件夹,则需要在renpy SDK中再次创建翻译。 可在游戏中以前的翻译(Yandex的)删除(你可以整个文件夹)。 或者做一个Yandex的备份。翻译文件夹。

Last edited:

netlok

Jun 19, 2019
This tool is great! My only issue with it is that it also translates variables within brackets. For example [peau] becomes [skin] but also [leather] and breaks the scene unless I go back and read through every variable. If there was a toggle to ignore text within [] brackets this tool would go from a massive time-saver to a supermassive time-saver!

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
This tool is great! My only issue with it is that it also translates variables within brackets. For example [peau] becomes [skin] but also [leather] and breaks the scene unless I go back and read through every variable. If there was a toggle to ignore text within [] brackets this tool would go from a massive time-saver to a supermassive time-saver!
Hi netlok. Are square brackets a special syntax in RenPy? I've tried to find this information, but it looks like they should be treated as plain text. Or did I missed something?

Leo..., thank you)

wasya2009

Dec 13, 2018
v01d_08
-[] - зачастую скрывают в себе переменные на RenPy...
-{} - всякое форматирование текста... тоже не хотелось бы чтобы его переводило...
-добавь в исключение - не переводить, фразы где есть слитно любая английская буква и %: %s... %H ... - это служебные операторы - перевод или вмешательство - карается трейсбеком.
-\n - беда бедовая... очень часто ее переводит, перекидывает по всей строке фразы... (Yandex.Translate) v0.05
- Замена двойных кавычек на одинарные... один фиг твоя прога, а точнее Yandex.Translator структуру экранирования кавычек ломает... v0.05(как там Жужл, не знаю, потому, как не могу сделать себе ключ... очень заковыкая система...), а когда ломает часто оставляет экранированные слова не переведенными...
Ну... и... можно для меня (0.05) версию с фиксами без WPF?
Пока вроде все... :)

Last edited:

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Hey, guys. Thank you for your feedback. Quite strangely, I checked the code, and it should replace the text in curly brackets and square brackets from the original line, just in case the translator ruined the variable.
Can someone give an example of a dialog with square brackets that is not correctly translated by Yandex in version 0.06? Because my text in square brackets is not translated, and everything works fine.
If someone interested, for finding all matches with {} and [] I use folowing regex code:
Code:
({[^}]+})|(\[[^\]]+])

Last edited:

wasya2009

Dec 13, 2018
хз,
у меня ломает common.rpy
это:

Code:
    # renpy/common/00action_file.rpy:240

old "%b %d, %H:%M"
    new "%d %b, %H:%M"