• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Tool RenPy Translation tool

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
I can't find the directory to change the schedule so I can change the language within the game
note: thanks for the tip, i managed to translate here
Note: I managed to change here, but when I enter the game and click on my language it won't go, do you know why?
Make sure that the name of the folder in game/tl directory and name of language in script file are the same. If you have problems with screens.rpy file, try changing the language with simple script from this post.
If you still have issues and nothing helps, try posting screenshots of your game/tl folder content and part of script file, where you pasted a code, so we can take a look.

Olucasdiniz

May 28, 2020
Thanks I got it fixed here, is there a way to use this program without Google API and still translate online? if so, could you pass me how?

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Thanks I got it fixed here, is there a way to use this program without Google API and still translate online? if so, could you pass me how?
No, the tool was developed to use only Google Cloud API to be able to translate large amounts of text at once. If you want real-time translation of small portions of text, try using other tools, like Translate++.

daronfx

Aug 26, 2021
Obviously the game is not using the default preferences screen (the one you posted the code for). You'll need to find where this customized preferences screen is coded
Could you help me with some keywords for me to find?

SpaWnBlack

Jun 17, 2021
Hello good afternoon, I know this is not the place to ask... but I don't know where to ask it. Also, I am new to this site and I wanted to know if someone could help me. Hello good afternoon, I know this is not the place to ask... but I don't know where to ask it. Also, I am new to this site and I wanted to know if someone could help me.

Screenshot_1.png Screenshot_2.png

I would like to know how to translate these screens from English to Spanish. I would appreciate your help. Thank you very much!

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Hello good afternoon, I know this is not the place to ask... but I don't know where to ask it. Also, I am new to this site and I wanted to know if someone could help me. Hello good afternoon, I know this is not the place to ask... but I don't know where to ask it. Also, I am new to this site and I wanted to know if someone could help me.

View attachment 1423619 View attachment 1423620

I would like to know how to translate these screens from English to Spanish. I would appreciate your help. Thank you very much!
That's usually in the common.rpy file in translation folder (game/tl). I'm guessing you're translating the game just by rewriting the original game in Spanish, which IS NOT the proper way to do it. Feel free to check the guide in my signature to learn how translations work in Ren'Py

Reactions: SpaWnBlack

SpaWnBlack

Jun 17, 2021
That's usually in the common.rpy file in translation folder (game/tl). I'm guessing you're translating the game just by rewriting the original game in Spanish, which IS NOT the proper way to do it. Feel free to check the guide in my signature to learn how translations work in Ren'Py
Thank you for responding to my comment. The truth is that a few months ago I started translating games. Specifically in Ren'py graphics engines. I translate manually each dialog and each image if there is any editing to be done. But the only drawback I find is to translate that loading screen. Yes, it is supposed to be in the renpy/common/ folder and look for the 00gui file. I have translated it, but even there when I run the game it still appears in its original language.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Thank you for responding to my comment. The truth is that a few months ago I started translating games. Specifically in Ren'py graphics engines. I translate manually each dialog and each image if there is any editing to be done. But the only drawback I find is to translate that loading screen. Yes, it is supposed to be in the renpy/common/ folder and look for the 00gui file. I have translated it, but even there when I run the game it still appears in its original language.
Because that's not where you should look for those lines (and basically you're translating games wrong). Check game/tl/None folder, there's a common.rpy file with all those messages and more

Reactions: SpaWnBlack

SpaWnBlack

Jun 17, 2021
Because that's not where you should look for those lines (and basically you're translating games wrong). Check game/tl/None folder, there's a common.rpy file with all those messages and more
I know that the way I translate the games is not the right one, but the other way is a bit more elaborate, haha. But I really appreciate your point and I'll keep it in mind my friend. I will do what you tell me, and if I find the solution, I will let you know ! Thanks.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
I know that the way I translate the games is not the right one, but the other way is a bit more elaborate, haha. But I really appreciate your point and I'll keep it in mind my friend. I will do what you tell me, and if I find the solution, I will let you know ! Thanks.
If you are going to rewrite that file, you only need to change the lines starting wth "new"

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Not bad at all (y). I'll have some free time at work at the end of the year, closer to late december, so I'll try it.
Also one of the members adviced me to try Google docs translation, looks like they rised the file limit from 1 mb to 10 mb, so, much more text could be translated.

Lucas979

Oct 13, 2018
Not bad at all (y). I'll have some free time at work at the end of the year, closer to late december, so I'll try it.
Also one of the members adviced me to try Google docs translation, looks like they rised the file limit from 1 mb to 10 mb, so, much more text could be translated.
I will look forward to that update!
Qwiklabs has unfortunately become useless. If you exceed 1,000,000 translated characters, your account is automatically banned.
and those 1,000,000 characters is practically just a short Visual Novel ...

Kikk41234

Aug 5, 2020
How can i use the API from Systran? It only generates me a key, how can I get to the json from that?

If there is any other free alternative I accept advice.

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
How can i use the API from Systran? It only generates me a key, how can I get to the json from that?
If there is any other free alternative I accept advice.
Hello, please read the first line of paragraph called "Online translation" from the first post. Or the very first line of instruction from Translate.API.pdf file, attached to the first post. You will get an answer to your question there.

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Hey, folks, I have some good news. I've played around with an offline translation engine called Argostranslate (thanks to
kurakorte for the link), and finally I've managed to get it work on my laptop. This was not easy, and it requires tons of actions to be done, but it is offline and free, and covers most of popular languages.
I haven't write any code yet for the tool, just installed everything and got it work offline in my browser.
Now the bad news - to get it work on Windows, you need to install the software called Docker. And here is a requirement list for it:
  • Minimum Windows 10 64-bit: Home or Pro 2004 (build 19041) or higher, or Enterprise or Education 1909 (build 18363) or higher. (To check your Windows version and build number, press Windows logo key + R, type winver, select OK)
  • Minimum 4 GB RAM
  • 10 GB of free disk space
  • Processor with Hyper-V support. (to check if you have this feature, press Windows logo key + R, type cmd, select OK. Type Systeminfo.exe, press enter. Scroll down to 'Hyper-V Requirements'. It should that all is OK, or a hypervisor has been detected.).
  • BIOS-level hardware virtualization support must be enabled in the BIOS settings. (See how to check it. If it is turned off, then google how to turn in on for your PC model or laptop model).
Please let me know if your system meets the requirements, so I can know if it worth implementing - put a like under this post if yes, and a sad face, if no. If this will not work for most of people, there is no sense in this.

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes