Which main character are you most interested in so far?

• Eryn

Votes: 7,439 57.4%
  • Lena

Votes: 631 4.9%
  • Lucine

Votes: 1,612 12.4%
  • Raisa

Votes: 1,514 11.7%
  • Rithe

Votes: 275 2.1%
  • Murfi (Lucine's Cow)

Votes: 1,305 10.1%
  • Aline

Votes: 38 0.3%
  • Aina

Votes: 20 0.2%
  • Evana

Votes: 59 0.5%
  • Silva

Votes: 61 0.5%

• Total voters

mrdhrrflu

Dec 15, 2021
Wow, I remember playing this game a few times from 2020 until this year.. And still no fucking full sex event for Eryn (I'd be fine with an NTR scene just to see something) ..I imagine this game will be completed in 2040 at this rate... too bad.. the graphics and story are really very good
Looks like another micro update... By 2040 you might have another 3 hours of gameplay.

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Updated my Android port of Refuge of Embers with the incest patch to v0.13a.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left to rollback and swipe right to skip. Save files are now stored in the Documents folder. This sometimes means that you may need to close and re-open the port after installing so the save folder is properly created.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Links: -

Escape Sauce

Refuge of Embers
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2020
Does it matter for a 10-minute update? Does anything matter?

If an update with almost nothing in it falls in the woods, does it make a sound? :unsure:
To be fair it could easily be a 60 minute update if someone really sucks at reading.

Seriously though I could fluff up the script to make the game artificially feel longer, but I've played a lot of VNs where the writer added a lot of what I'd consider filler and it bugged me. Like yeah sure it takes me a while to read but nothing is happening to move the story forward. The style we're going for with Refuge of Embers is short but dense like a screenplay. The artist can get through however many scenes fit into her time budget per release and I make sure that each of those scenes has a purpose in the story, a conflict, any key info, and character wants/stakes.

Last edited:

Sewyoba

Jul 22, 2018
The artist can get through however many scenes fit into her time budget per release and I make sure that each of those scenes has a purpose in the story, a conflict, any key info, and character wants/stakes.
Don't want to sound rude or judge you or anything, but consider writing scenes far ahead of what artist has drawn. Like in that dragon game or pact with a witch or hero party must die (author gutted most of minigames there). Getting stuck by having to code what you don't like or to wait for artist is the surest killer of enthusiasm

Mikiyo

Sep 30, 2017
That's from a missing label that's now fixed in 0.13. Choosing to avoid those 2 scenes changes dialogue in her later scenes for consistency in the story but won't lock you out of future scenes.
Ello!
The bug is still within the game as I am playing at the moment. Also using the current patch for the game. Remove the patch and the bug still appear.

Escape Sauce

Refuge of Embers
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2020
Ello!
The bug is still within the game as I am playing at the moment. Also using the current patch for the game. Remove the patch and the bug still appear.
That was the bug that caused a crash because of a label called "day003_eryn_exitramp" right? If so I think I fixed that in an unreleased version 0.13b. I'll make a quick 0.13c version with the fix tomorrow night to replace 0.13a and reupload.

Mikiyo

Sep 30, 2017
That was the bug that caused a crash because of a label called "day003_eryn_exitramp" right? If so I think I fixed that in an unreleased version 0.13b. I'll make a quick 0.13c version with the fix tomorrow night to replace 0.13a and reupload.
Ello!
Thanks for the quick replay, looking forward to the story.

combige

Jun 30, 2017
Not bad of a game. If you use such a great art for girls, consider making scenes with them more spicy, as of 0.13a it looks a little bit underwhelming (but I really have good hopes for the future).
Also what get me more anxious if you have so much choices (and I think they will affect position on a route) please make some context for between what am I choosing or official guide. I understand that it could be too early for that but please consider it in the future.

Reactions: Escape Sauce

jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023
To be fair it could easily be a 60 minute update if someone really sucks at reading.

Seriously though I could fluff up the script to make the game artificially feel longer, but I've played a lot of VNs where the writer added a lot of what I'd consider filler and it bugged me. Like yeah sure it takes me a while to read but nothing is happening to move the story forward. The style we're going for with Refuge of Embers is short but dense like a screenplay. The artist can get through however many scenes fit into her time budget per release and I make sure that each of those scenes has a purpose in the story, a conflict, any key info, and character wants/stakes.
I meant no disrespect or even criticism RE your choices. TBH I have not DL-ed or played the update because I read the change log on a different site where (supposedly) you described it a 10-minute update, and for me that was not worth a whole new DL, etc.

It's your game and I don't begrudge you your artistic choices in any way. I can't/don't speak for anyone but myself, but I have a bunch of games I have started and need updates to continue, and as time passes I am less interested in updating those games and more and more often just prefer to wait until they are completed. It's hard to keep track of characters and stories in lots of different games that are incomplete, and I am not one of those people who wants to start games over from scratch every time there is a small update just so I can remember WTF was going on and WhoTF all the characters are. My sincere apologies if my sarcastic reply to the post about a patch update was poorly worded and sounded like criticism of you or your game. I also am not one of those folks who trolls posts of games they don't like just to be dicks - I follow this thread because I liked your game when I played it and will definitely play it again when the story is completed (or at least has advanced a bit more).

3.90 star(s) 33 Votes