Others Red Pill [v0.170] [Vortex Cannon Ent.]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

vortexcannon

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 9, 2017
I know that some games require a login to unlock patreon rewards and whatnot, but what's the reason for it in a free game? Some sort of tracking or something?
If you use Patreon then you can get rewards in my games after login. For example, early access to locations that are in development. But donations (and patreon) is at will, you still get 100% of the game for free.

Reactions: reallybadman

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
  • cloud gamesaves
  • cross-platform game
  • multiplayer events
  • quests between different games
  • easy to reproduce any bug with the help of player's savegame
  • fixing bugs with hot fixes without releasing a new version of the game
  • blocks the Chinese to sell the game as a commercial project
  • ban idiots :)
How is adding a server side to a purely Windows program making it "cross platform"?

discepless

Aug 16, 2017
Well, the content of this game will be soon "impossible" to unlock without donations as with The Last Man, but Vortex will keep telling that the game is completly free! Well, a freemium game.
But to be honest, he is making it to earn money and the stuff he creates is decent. So, if you enjoy his games - well, be ready to pay.

zenshiny

Dec 31, 2016
You know you're lazy when clicking on a link, making an account, and probably verifying it from your email seems like too much work.
It's not too much work, but it seems unnecessary to make it mandatory, especially before you even try the game. I tried Last Man, which is an ok game, but the mandatory sign-up left a bad first impression.

Big.Joe

Jun 1, 2017
i like the style of the game. Considering the storytelling: there is not much to tell considering there is not much story to talk about as of yet. But i am curious to see how the game develops

grapedog

Feb 24, 2018
gonna piggyback with what others have said, just so it's heard. Registration means I won't be playing your game. Good luck with it in the future. If you ever decide to remove the requirement of registration, I'd be more than happy to check it out.

vortexcannon

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 9, 2017
It's not too much work, but it seems unnecessary to make it mandatory, especially before you even try the game. I tried Last Man, which is an ok game, but the mandatory sign-up left a bad first impression.
If you previously played any of my games, you can continue to play with the same account. It is shared for all games.

cooaga

Oct 17, 2016
We aren't forced to register to play adult games. You can access these game however you please this is a community that's built up of people sharing games there are many others like it. Making a game that requires you to be online just reminds me of DRM to be honest

rewyn

Nov 6, 2017
registering... not the best option. But hijacking my entire desktop?! C'mon, at least make some controls to adjust window option, or enable right click to open menu, something...

Reactions: Lorde Cyber Saurus

vortexcannon

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 9, 2017
registering... not the best option. But hijacking my entire desktop?! C'mon, at least make some controls to adjust window option, or enable right click to open menu, something...
What are you talking about? If you do not know how to enable the window mode in game, then Alt-Enter, same as in any other fullscreen program :)

rewyn

Nov 6, 2017
There is no mac build at the moment.
I realize this but even playing through an emulator on a mac should provide the option to not go fullscreen, and the usual keystrokes do not work to collapse or quit out of application Option+Q, or Esc

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes