VN Ren'Py Realm Invader [Ep. 2 P1] [Invader Gary]

4.70 star(s) 56 Votes

bobdango

Dec 25, 2020
I was never a fan of developer characters being put into these games. I'll wait and see if this one doesn't bug me to much.

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
This AVN deserves far more hype than its gotten and the dev deserves that big tiddy money.

Marvoch

Aug 24, 2023
This game is fucking hilarious.

The only problem, imo, is the excessive use of animations when they are not remotely necessary, not for comedic effects, not to animate a big moment. Not that I have anything against it specifically, but they are a LOT of work (if my eyes do not fail me, most of them are custom-made, even) for little results in terms of impact, which risks slowing down the project a lot (and the longer a project goes, the more it risks losing inertia and ending up abandoned).

Great way of self-inserting yourself in the game, Developer, BTW. Loved it.

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
I was never a fan of developer characters being put into these games. I'll wait and see if this one doesn't bug me to much.
It's hit or miss for me, in this case. The main issue, for me, is that the dev is blurring the lines between absurd humor and 'reality'. Absurd humor only works when it isn't acknowledged. A visual gag can be funny, but it stops being funny when it is acknowledged. It also stops being funny when it isn't acknowledged, but similar other gags are.

An example of this is where the MC blows Ashley across the room. It's funny because it's so exaggerated, and the game taught us that these gags don't hurt anyone. There are no consequences. But, then Ashley says he lost his shoe when the MC hit him with magic. This makes me wonder about all the other times the MC was hit or used force. Now suddenly, Grace having super speed isn't a gag anymore, but a weird inconsistency. She can't use magic, but still displays a superhuman trait.

I hope the dev will realize that "less is more" when it comes to gags like this, and streamlines if they're actually happening in-universe or solely for the benefit of the player. It can't be both.

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
It's hit or miss for me, in this case. The main issue, for me, is that the dev is blurring the lines between absurd humor and 'reality'. Absurd humor only works when it isn't acknowledged. A visual gag can be funny, but it stops being funny when it is acknowledged. It also stops being funny when it isn't acknowledged, but similar other gags are.

An example of this is where the MC blows Ashley across the room. It's funny because it's so exaggerated, and the game taught us that these gags don't hurt anyone. There are no consequences. But, then Ashley says he lost his shoe when the MC hit him with magic. This makes me wonder about all the other times the MC was hit or used force. Now suddenly, Grace having super speed isn't a gag anymore, but a weird inconsistency. She can't use magic, but still displays a superhuman trait.

I hope the dev will realize that "less is more" when it comes to gags like this, and streamlines if they're actually happening in-universe or solely for the benefit of the player. It can't be both.
I just assume all of them have some inherent latent magic that explains some of this even if they can't directly cast spells.
While it may just be an artistic thing everyone having very obvious GLOWING eyes made sense to me with them being in a magical world.

janeiro_30

Aug 21, 2018
Great game, a little anoying how we need to wait when embers appears to fast forward again, but thets minimal :D

janeiro_30

Aug 21, 2018
Eh, maybe. I'd like to make this game relatively malleable, so if enough people want impregnation it'll go in.
I'm personally not a fan of the impregnation fetish so I wouldn't put it in on my own accord. If I do add it in, it'll be at the end of the game if you know what I mean. Some girls' storylines can end in optional impregnation. So the chances of you getting your little inbred babies are non-zero :)
I do enjoy it, the girls reactions on a life changing subject and the feels afterwards are great ;)

harem.king

Aug 16, 2023
I just assume all of them have some inherent latent magic that explains some of this even if they can't directly cast spells.
While it may just be an artistic thing everyone having very obvious GLOWING eyes made sense to me with them being in a magical world.
They are casting [FIST]

• Haha
Reactions: Xythurr

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
That's fine for head-canon, but I don't think it can be explained that way in-universe. If these characters all had latent magic, then they wouldn't be dull, and their attunement could be measured.

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
That's fine for head-canon, but I don't think it can be explained that way in-universe. If these characters all had latent magic, then they wouldn't be dull, and their attunement could be measured.
She's a muscle wizard quit hating bro and go get them gains!

• Haha
Reactions: Quetzzz
4.70 star(s) 56 Votes