VN Ren'Py Realm Invader [Ep. 2 P1] [Invader Gary]

4.70 star(s) 56 Votes

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
"certain widely revered HS game"
Eternum. Always Eternum. Which, while it has its charm, it kinda falls apart if you purposely avoid every romance. :ROFLMAO:
MidnightKing has a point though, games like Realm Invader that pay special attention to its visuals, are often compared to Eternum. And while you can draw certain parallels, I don't think that's fair.

I highly recommend both games from Killer7. MNF is pretty much a slice of life though so don't go in expecting some grand plot. It's just a feel good experience with some really emotional parts thrown in that hit pretty hard if you have any similar experiences.
Yeah, I adore MNM. (Though I ignored Lena) Crossing my fingers for Killer7, he doesn't deserve what he's going through.

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
On a personal note I find it super annoying on this forum when people use phrases like "certain widely revered HS game" because if I'm not a mind reader when being face to face I certainly am not one through text. I can make some guesses but it's always possible those are wrong and there might be people who are just starting with AVNs who can't even start to guess. Makes it really difficult to make a sensible answer or comment.
Believe me I'd rather be less vague too, but there's site rules for things like mentioning other games in regards to "staying on topic." Which does only seem to get selectively enforced to be fair, but I figure the game is question was well known enough to reference it like I did. Mostly just to avoid a random message deletion.

Eternum. Always Eternum. Which, while it has its charm, it kinda falls apart if you purposely avoid every romance. :ROFLMAO:
MidnightKing has a point though, games like Realm Invader that pay special attention to its visuals, are often compared to Eternum. And while you can draw certain parallels, I don't think that's fair.
And yeah that was the game I was talking about lol, thank you. As someone who both plays and reviews a lot of games it's not an exaggeration. People love using the comparison.

Reactions: Quetzzz

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
An improvised rambling message about Realm Invader. A freestlye, if you will.

How do I start this? I'm making this post up as I go along because I'm not entirely sure what point I'm trying to make. Consider this as me thinking out loud. I'm guessing there'll be a TL;DR at the bottom.

I had to take a long break after releasing episode 2 part 1. While it isn't ruining my life, Realm Invader has a very tangible effect on my mental health. For those of you who don't know, this is a solo project. Almost everything you see is done by me. Very rarely I'll have the opportunity to outsource some simple but time-consuming work, such as dedicated supporters providing me with crowd-filling npcs. But other than that, writing, wardrobe, rendering, animating, coding... all fruits of my labor. The effects of taking all of this burden by myself are exacerbated by how much quality I'm trying to pump into this project.

It's not for nothing, however, the feedback I've received has been astounding, to say the least. In general, I believe that Episode 2 was an upgrade in every conceivable way. The dialogue is fuller and more fleshed out, you spend more time with characters getting to know them, and the visuals towards the end of the update are far better than what initially thought possible with my skillset.

This all comes as quite a shock for me, as for those who don't know, I've never done any of this before. This is my first time trying to seriously write a story, my first time working with 3D graphics, my first time animating, and my first time in any kind of directing role. All of us are watching me learn, develop, and refine these skills in near-real-time.

Anyway, I think it's time to end that long break. I'm going to gradually start easing myself back into the production of Realm Invader. I'm not sure how long this update will take. I'm under the impression that Ep 2 Pt 2 is shorter than Pt 1, but we'll have to wait and find out. My writing generally tends to evolve as I put it through production, it's one of the reasons my updates are so large.

A lot of Pt 2's production time hinges on the first chapter, Hugo's birthday party. I have some quite ambitious things planned, and far and away the most "gameplay" the game will see so far. Of course, I can't always guarantee that ambitions can be lived up to, but I've surpassed my own expectations before. The downside is that this chapter is by and large the most difficult writing challenge I'm going to have to undertake. I know what's going to happen, but haven't figured out the "why" and "how" of it. It's going to be a hell of a lot more difficult than the swim meet, though less non-linear.

What this means is that I'm going to have to spend some time planning this chapter before I can even begin writing it. I don't know how long this will take, obviously, but I sincerely hope it takes less than a week. Spending a week just figuring out what happens in a chapter sounds extreme, but I feel like you'll understand when you see what I'm trying to do. It's worth noting that this party arc is going to be my longest story event yet, and honestly, if it ends up being significantly long, I may split the release of Ep 2 once again. This is all speculative, and the results remain to be seen. A tiny thing to note is that my new PC may speed up production a little bit, but rendering times pale in comparison to crafting the animations themselves.

In other news, I'm adding another week of pre-release to the Prime Specimen tier. Gatekeepers will also receive this benefit. I feel like someone's going to complain about this but I don't really care. I deserve to monetize my game's releases. I did a little napkin math and calculated that I probably lost about 2 weeks of production to fulfill Gatekeeper customs. The unfortunate truth is that the amount of support I'm receiving right now is far too little to not do this. I plan on retiring the custom requests one day, but as of right now, I'm making about 50% of the money I need to consider making this my full-time job, and about 25% of my current Patreon income comes from my gatekeepers.

Thank you all for your support and overwhelmingly positive feedback. I'm genuinely beginning to see great things in the future for me and Realm Invader. Most, if not all development updates will be restricted to Patrons only. I also won't be able to give out previews for a while due to the aforementioned hurdles I need to get over before I can even make any renders. So that's it, Ep 2 Pt 2's production is already going to start by giving me a headache, but regardless, I am beginning to put in the work. Wallpapers will go up today as well, probably. I've got one more to make.

TL;DR - I'm beginning production on episode 2, Hugo's birthday party is going to be difficult to plan out, and it may take a while before I can get the ball rolling. Prime Specimen tier is now going to get the game 3 weeks before public release.

See you. Thanks for caring so much about this stupid game I'm putting too much effort into.

HunterSeeker

Engaged Member
May 13, 2017
Although it starts off pretty stereotypical, the story and characters pick up really fast. This is really well done.

MagicMan753

Nov 19, 2021
The game is good, but I really hope the dev cuts back on the humor a little bit. The two biggest instances for me is the t pose asking for sex the second time after moon gazing and, slapping stella a lot when she was out of it when you visit her, there are some other moments that I would liked changed or cut back on but these two come to mind most of all. It just feels like there are too many 4th wall breaks or moments where the dev is trying to be funny and it started ruining my enjoyment of the game. So I really hope the dev cuts back on all the humor and so on, because I feel like this game could be one of the best, but all the humor is overdone and needs to be scaled back just a little bit.

Reactions: Quetzzz

Aninass

Aug 31, 2020
The game is good, but I really hope the dev cuts back on the humor a little bit. The two biggest instances for me is the t pose asking for sex the second time after moon gazing and, slapping stella a lot when she was out of it when you visit her, there are some other moments that I would liked changed or cut back on but these two come to mind most of all. It just feels like there are too many 4th wall breaks or moments where the dev is trying to be funny and it started ruining my enjoyment of the game. So I really hope the dev cuts back on all the humor and so on, because I feel like this game could be one of the best, but all the humor is overdone and needs to be scaled back just a little bit.
This is what I think too to a certain extent. The dev is certainly fantastic considering it's his first project. But it seems that the dev is focusing too much on the humor part of this. While I certainly enjoyed it, it didn't give me the satisfaction that I get from other top-tier AVNs. I certainly think this has a lot of potential and it can become one of the GOAT AVNs. But the humor kind of takes me out of it sometimes. If the dev wants it to be all that it is, then I guess it's fine, but IMO, this can certainly evolve, at least it has that potential.

eddiekray

Oct 1, 2020
This game is fantastic, i love the humor and everything about it. I finally found a game identical to Eternum. We need more games like this!

Reactions: Xythurr

Upastaway

Jan 31, 2024
View attachment 2673929

Overview:
In this game, you follow a young soulless shell for you to self-insert into man who lives in a world very similar to yours. A world of magic and fantasy builds itself around him, discovering new species and world history. Still, he wishes to know why he is here, and why he doesn't seem like a normal person in this world...
Oh, yeah, and he fucks a bunch of people on the way.
Thread Updated: 2024-03-08
Release Date: 2024-02-27
Developer: Invader Gary - -
Censored: No
Version: Episode 2 - Part 1
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:
There will be NO NTR.
Some of you may be uncomfortable with the presence of certain optional content. Please read the developer notes for clarity.

DOWNLOAD

Win/Linux: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN -
Mac: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN -

1080p
Win/Linux
: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN -

Patches: *

Extra: Walkthrough Mod* - Official Walkthrough Script

*This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 2114083 View attachment 2114085 View attachment 2114086 View attachment 2674038 View attachment 2674039 View attachment 2674040 View attachment 2674041 View attachment 2674042 View attachment 2674043 View attachment 2674045 View attachment 2674044
View attachment 2673929

Overview:
In this game, you follow a young soulless shell for you to self-insert into man who lives in a world very similar to yours. A world of magic and fantasy builds itself around him, discovering new species and world history. Still, he wishes to know why he is here, and why he doesn't seem like a normal person in this world...
Oh, yeah, and he fucks a bunch of people on the way.
Thread Updated: 2024-03-08
Release Date: 2024-02-27
Developer: Invader Gary - -
Censored: No
Version: Episode 2 - Part 1
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:
There will be NO NTR.
Some of you may be uncomfortable with the presence of certain optional content. Please read the developer notes for clarity.

DOWNLOAD

Win/Linux: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN -

1080p
Win/Linux
: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN -

Patches: *

Extra: Walkthrough Mod* - Official Walkthrough Script

*This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 2114083 View attachment 2114085 View attachment 2114086 View attachment 2674038 View attachment 2674039 View attachment 2674040 View attachment 2674041 View attachment 2674042 View attachment 2674043 View attachment 2674045 View attachment 2674044
wow my favorite avn for sureeeee

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
Man I can't wait for the next update of this game and I even like the music he uses for the scenes which is rare for me.

yyyhhh123

Aug 2, 2022
wow this game is good. Hilarious game, interesting characters, MC is not a jerk , graphics are good, and sex scenes are good as well and there is a lot of content too. Hopefully this game gets more recognition!

Vineeta best waifu ^^

Reactions: Xythurr

Tar77

Aug 23, 2019
please answer the question
If you check the spoiler under Genre I think you'll find most if not all the tags you think are missing are actually still there. F95 rules say that the only tags allowed are ones already implemented in the game. However it's common to mistakenly add planned tags too. I think all that has happened is the tags that haven't yet been implemented have been removed from the official tag list and been put under planned tags.

4.70 star(s) 56 Votes