VN Others Completed Re;Lord 3 ~The demon lord of Groessen and the final witch~ [Final] [Escu:de]

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

MrTAToad

Apr 5, 2024
Oh, I don't know - I felt really sorry for her. Again, like the other witches, she was just a pawn.

You can't really blame her for betraying everyone after what she went through, and for what she wanted. I do really hate Kurt, though. Besides being a sycophantic boot-licker, he's also ends up just as evil as Wilfried - despite complaining about how iris's parents were treated by Adler - he does precisely the same thing later on.

I've completed the game now, and it is very melancholic - the only real sliver of happiness is that at the end, Ria realises her original error and hopefully manages to reunite with Wilfried, although it would be difficult to fix everything.

It's a shame it took 7 years for whole series to come out - at one point, I had a feeling 1 didn't do well enough for the remaining two to be translated.

My review of it is on

May 24, 2020
Well... I regret spending my time on this... Truly. Story was pretty much bad. If characters had more logic, nothing of this would have happened. So far, you spend a lot of time grinding monsters and etc... Then story... Not the best one... 3 scenes with only clothes variatios and that's all. I will write review here later, because i am way too dissapointed right now

Reactions: badluckss6

Gagarisimus

Oct 27, 2019
Screenshot .png

Anyone here got an error like this when trying to launch the game? I do have japanese locale on an this is the first time I'm seeing this kind of error. googling told me that it could be a microsoft visual c++ thing, but I've got its 2010-2022(x86 and x64) versions installed. any suggestions?

MrTAToad

Apr 5, 2024
Does anyone know how to get 100% exploration for each area? I'm stuck on 90%, because no new items are being found

MrTAToad

Apr 5, 2024
Well... I regret spending my time on this... Truly. Story was pretty much bad. If characters had more logic, nothing of this would have happened. So far, you spend a lot of time grinding monsters and etc... Then story... Not the best one... 3 scenes with only clothes variatios and that's all. I will write review here later, because i am way too dissapointed right now
I thought it was great, and a fitting end to the trilogy. The ironic thing is that everything pretty much happened due to Ria's initial time travel error.

I also don't see how it could have been initially prevented - somehow the experiments on Ria would have to have been stopped in order for the war to not start. Hopefully Ria's last time travel would put a stop to it all.

My main criticism with the series is the witches are too sanguine about being raped multiple times - and there are no repercussions for Wilfried. To make matters worse, Ria couldn't care less whether they were defeated or not, as long Wlfried got her messages

May 24, 2020
I thought it was great, and a fitting end to the trilogy. The ironic thing is that everything pretty much happened due to Ria's initial time travel error.

I also don't see how it could have been initially prevented - somehow the experiments on Ria would have to have been stopped in order for the war to not start. Hopefully Ria's last time travel would put a stop to it all.

My main criticism with the series is the witches are too sanguine about being raped multiple times - and there are no repercussions for Wilfried. To make matters worse, Ria couldn't care less whether they were defeated or not, as long Wlfried got her messages
Witches isn't the only problem. Comedic attitude of Wilfried and his actions, lead to such end. If only he sufficiently prepared and didn't rushed meeting with Julis, everything would have been different. Not to mention, that he could have ask his father for some help. Like... Bruh, going to biggest potential enemy with only Ria. I instantly remembered such quote "Overconfidence is slow and insidious killer"

Anyway... Considering that we won't see another Re'Lord game, because there were no "what in the next episode" thing. Also Re'Lord 3 was released 2017. This story could have been better. Like... I already felt that everything will go like shit, if he will continue behave like he behaved before, but... It's really sad that it concluded like that.

MrTAToad

Apr 5, 2024
Witches isn't the only problem. Comedic attitude of Wilfried and his actions, lead to such end. If only he sufficiently prepared and didn't rushed meeting with Julis, everything would have been different. Not to mention, that he could have ask his father for some help. Like... Bruh, going to biggest potential enemy with only Ria. I instantly remembered such quote "Overconfidence is slow and insidious killer"

Anyway... Considering that we won't see another Re'Lord game, because there were no "what in the next episode" thing. Also Re'Lord 3 was released 2017. This story could have been better. Like... I already felt that everything will go like shit, if he will continue behave like he behaved before, but... It's really sad that it concluded like that.
Oh, the whole series is full of examples of things people shouldn't have done - from Oswald right up to Alicia. Unfortunately, hindsight is a wonderful thing, especially when greed, arrogance, and misplaced devotion to duty cloud judgment.

Wilfried met Julius mostly because of the former's arrogance and because he was intrigued by Julius, going as far as to ignore all of Ria's warnings. Julius, likewise, was interested in Wilfried, although Julius had planned things far better.

I would have liked to have seen a somewhat more sober analogy to World War 1, as well, but there we go.

It's a shame we never get to see who the second batch of witches are or what the Human Realm was like. Obviously, Escu:de aren't going come back to the series now.

It's also a shame it took so long for all episodes to come out - I get the impression that the relationship between Escu:de and Sekai/Denpasoft wasn't as good as it should have been, especially if translation can be done in a month and yet it takes two years for the program to come out.

I do know Revenger has been by released JAST, but I would like to see more of Escu:de's stuff

Last edited:

Alkaid_

May 27, 2021
Hm, sounds like it has a downer ending, so I guess I'll just avoid this trilogy. I actually played the first game and thought it was decent, but I thought it might have been something like this series is about avoiding the horrible future, with Wilfried changing for the better and maybe even fighting his own potential future self or something due to the witches managing to have a positive influence on him or... something. I really enjoy evil->good stories, which it sounds like this is most definitely not.

MrTAToad

Apr 5, 2024
Oh no, Wilfred doesn't change for the better - far from it. It's a very meloncholic game with an ambiguous ending.

Alkaid_

May 27, 2021
Oh no, Wilfred doesn't change for the better - far from it. It's a very meloncholic game with an ambiguous ending.
Yeah, I was hoping there was a change for the better because of the signposting in the first game. It seems like it would be boring to just go ahead. Like you have a future flashforward of 'omg he becomes a monster in this dark timeline!'

And then he... Just becomes a monster in the main game too. Seems a bit of a waste. Normally when you do flashforwards, you recontextualize or twist them later.

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes