Purima

Sep 6, 2022
i cant run the .exe, did someone know what to do? the old version run just fine, but when i download the newest i just cant run it anymore

note: already put the drm file and nothing happen..

EDIT : Nevermind already solved it

Last edited:

F1forhalp

SOTD: Alanis Morissette - Uninvited
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
It says "Couldn't find the lib... by windows. Makes sure you wrote the correct name." I also tried your universal ones they didnt work for me too
Sure, but I got the same result as bora123123321. I retrieved the number one DRM remover from the download history and downloaded it from there, so the system did not classify it as a virus. Thanks to everyone who tried to help. :)
ok i double checked, this file your windows says 'couldn't find', is there.
i'm not certain.. but i think it could be windoze itself blocks the execution (DEP - Data Execution Prevention) and i don't have a solution for that, except maybe you find something in your system event log. that's where it will start to look like "Windows [some windows program] has blocked suspicious activity" or something similiar. sorry, i don't have a solution for that.
or maybe your AV blocks it without telling you.. several AV do that, like Avast, Avira etc. it should be in the antivirus whatever log file, probably marked as 'PUP' aka 'possibly unwanted program'.
it still seems to work for other people.

Maybe a false alarm. Many anti-malware programs will misdetect stuff like DRM-removers as viruses. Not that there are no virus-infected DRM-removers, but this one is used by way too many people for the virus to be a possibility.

Honestly, I suspect that anti-malwares are tuned to attack any program that hosts Jolly Roger on its mast. For I have seen them frequently attack cracks, pirate installers and the like - even when there were no actual virus. And I don't mean: "dude, this software is sus, don't click it", I mean: "SUPER-MEGA DANGER WRYYYYY!!111" when there was no danger.
that's caused by AV heuristics in most cases.. lots of installers and um let's call them 'yarrr! helpers' use code injection. even major AAA brand games use that method partially to work closer with the hardware.
here comes your AV, which is set on treating such behaviour as 'sneaky'. which it is. gazillions of virussens use the very same method, to put some code into totally legit OS components.
the AV has a choice, to either let it slide, or to match this particular code against a database, or to just mark it suspicious and do what it's told to, with suspicious thingy. lazy AV devs won't have a hourly updated fully actual top notch database.. so their AV says SUSSSPISHOUS and herre cometh a nuke. or it does the nuke behind the scene and you wonder why something won't start.

hrmm i have this link in my sig, why devs hate AV. that old post is still up.

Sinisterheat

Nov 19, 2018
Lol I try to play this and every time I click on the exe, my steamgame tray pulls up and says can't play the game. Like what the hell? This isn't even a steam game is it? Lmao.

GrandPaBrowning

Mar 7, 2021
Lol I try to play this and every time I click on the exe, my steamgame tray pulls up and says can't play the game. Like what the hell? This isn't even a steam game is it? Lmao.
It is a Steam game (duh!) and it requires you to download DRM-remover from the first page of this thread. If your anti-virus will say: "WRRYYYY! DANGER! DANGER!", ignore it - dozens of people downloaded it already and had zero issues. After you'll install DRM-remover, it will no longer try to launch Steam and will work just fine for your enjoyment.

BTW, pregnant Valzira scene is somehow still not in the gallery, despite it being the second (or third?) update that specified it was added. Am I doing something wrong?

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
Try looking at the OP and in particular the sentence in bright orange. If people would only do the equivalent of RTFM, there'd be a lot fewer posts here,

F1forhalp

SOTD: Alanis Morissette - Uninvited
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
if you find the first one suspicious, get a warning, and trust your AV blindly, maybe try the batch file ('other remover'). that won't raise alerts but sometimes seems to not work, if your windoze is set to deem you a 'just user'. just scroll up this page there's some pros and cons.

Birdnman993

Dec 6, 2021
If I let the wizard experiment with Valzira, would he no longer be able to have the dragon's child and is it not available? I understand that for Valzira to be a consort she has to be broken, how is she achieved and what consequences would it have when it comes to raising the Naga if she is broken?

And is there a better guide to the game? because honestly I'm lost for what to do next other than sleep.

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
If I let the wizard experiment with Valzira, would he no longer be able to have the dragon's child and is it not available? I understand that for Valzira to be a consort she has to be broken, how is she achieved and what consequences would it have when it comes to raising the Naga if she is broken?

And is there a better guide to the game? because honestly I'm lost for what to do next other than sleep.
yes. if anyone is given to a lair faction leader or group you can't get them back (for now and possibly forever) and interactions are extremely limited if at all. and birthing a naga isn't one of them.

val constort: donno haven't played in quite a few updates now. prob very little but there's a bunch of variants for malice getting jealous/needy over who your consort is. so i suggest a save file for just before the beginning of act 4 and def before you choose a consort.

if your still in act 3 with the day counter. some events only happen when you sleep. and there's a metric shit ton of content in act 2 & 3. some of which involves building things then sleeping for it to finish. others for people to stop by in the morning and deliver news.

Reactions: Birdnman993

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
no you can keep both if you picked the right options when recruiting them
not in the long term. in act 5 a decision must be made since the town the mercs rule is in lowland area. so he's saying you gotta promise the wolves something other than the lowlands in order to keep them both.

harem.king

Aug 16, 2023
Maybe a false alarm. Many anti-malware programs will misdetect stuff like DRM-removers as viruses. Not that there are no virus-infected DRM-removers, but this one is used by way too many people for the virus to be a possibility.

Honestly, I suspect that anti-malwares are tuned to attack any program that hosts Jolly Roger on its mast. For I have seen them frequently attack cracks, pirate installers and the like - even when there were no actual virus. And I don't mean: "dude, this software is sus, don't click it", I mean: "SUPER-MEGA DANGER WRYYYYY!!111" when there was no danger.
A lot of times they don't even pretend to think it is a vrius and just mark it as "potential unwanted software: hack tool"

Reactions: GrandPaBrowning

GrandPaBrowning

Mar 7, 2021
A lot of times they don't even pretend to think it is a vrius and just mark it as "potential unwanted software: hack tool"
Yeah. Like they just washed their hands and went: "we dunno, you go figure yourself, chum!".

Honestly, big rep blow IMO. Default AV-software nowadays are just glorified electronic analogue of small barky dog that goes off barking on anything. Figuring stuff out is half the job of AV! And absolute abundance of false alarms either make people sus of every small piece of software they download (which is dumb!), or stop caring about AV alarms altogether (which is also dumb!). In the end, the customer just gets more frustrated and acts dumber.

4.60 star(s) 198 Votes