4.60 star(s) 5 Votes

tsutofan

May 13, 2017
I'd suggest reading through this; ( ) it contains a Q&A for some of the most common problems with running the game and a step by step guide on how to properly install the game, HF patch and DLC, it might not help, but could be worth taking a look at to make sure you didn't make a mistake during installation.
i'l try this tomorow thanks for taking time trying to help me

tsutofan

May 13, 2017
i tried reinstall the game and every thing on the site you showed ex me nothing worked for real play and the new d3d9 stop steam from lauching for some reason .
thanks its worked on rape play

thanks i fixed my registery and its worked on rape play but i tried on other game and its only crash with real play.
i tried reinstall the game and every thing on the site you showed me except restoring my system since i didnt have a restore point old enough nothing worked for real play and the new d3d9 stop steam from lauching for some reason .

JackedHeart

Aug 26, 2017
i tried reinstall the game and every thing on the site you showed ex me nothing worked for real play and the new d3d9 stop steam from lauching for some reason .

i tried reinstall the game and every thing on the site you showed me except restoring my system since i didnt have a restore point old enough nothing worked for real play and the new d3d9 stop steam from lauching for some reason .
Changing the d3d9 file shouldn't stop steam from working, that is very perculiar. Did Real Play work before you changed the d3d9 file?! Cause if so, you can just switch which d3d9 file you're using depending on what games you're using.

I'll start looking into the problem more intently but it might take me some time. I'll let you know as soon as I have any ideas or solutions.

tsutofan

May 13, 2017
Changing the d3d9 file shouldn't stop steam from working, that is very perculiar. Did Real Play work before you changed the d3d9 file?! Cause if so, you can just switch which d3d9 file you're using depending on what games you're using.

I'll start looking into the problem more intently but it might take me some time. I'll let you know as soon as I have any ideas or solutions.
when i don't switch the d3d9 the game work but is lagging awfully . I'l try searching on my side too

Last edited:

tsutofan

May 13, 2017
when i don't switch the d3d9 the game work but is lagging awfully . I'l try searching on my side too
i made some progress by using the d3d9 in this video game is fluid but look like this

Sartan

May 3, 2018
Maybe Real Play haven't been translated? For the DirectX dll it may be because it wasn't the good one for your OS, didn't get any issue with it so I don't remember clearly.
Have you tried PlayHome? It is quite the same game but more recent with better graphics.

tsutofan

May 13, 2017
Maybe Real Play haven't been translated? For the DirectX dll it may be because it wasn't the good one for your OS, didn't get any issue with it so I don't remember clearly.
Have you tried PlayHome? It is quite the same game but more recent with better graphics.
i played real play like last year and didn't have any issue with it but i had to change my hdd i downloaded the one there and its laggy has hell .

LykaLyka

Oct 17, 2017
If anyone's still playing and is experiencing the awful FPS on Windows 10, try using this d3d9.dll from the old hongfire AA2 forums. Started playing the game myself and Illusion games before Unity does suffer a lot from the directX changes in win10.

Reactions: u z i

Deleted member 237267

Oct 8, 2017
how does one install mods? I made a folder inside the game folder and installed one simple mod, but it did not work
edit, I installed the RL 2 program and ran it as admin so now the program works, but I do not know how to add mods to the program for it to execute

Last edited:

christian15

Sep 2, 2019
Okay. I'll assume that you're using Windows and that the problem is that you're getting the message saying that you require permission from TrustedInstaller to make changes to the file, or something to that effect. If either of those things are untrue, just let me know. But if this is the case, just follow these steps;

1. Go to the d3d9.dll file at C:\Windows\SysWOW64.
2. Right click it and select properties.
3. Go to the security tab and click the button that says advanced, this will open the advanced security settings for the file.
4. Click the button that says "change permissions", it won't look like anything has changed at first.
5. At the top of the tab, next to where the owner is listed, click the "change" button, this will open a new tab.
6. In the box labelled, "Enter the object name to select", type "administrators", then click okay.
7. Cancel all the tabs, then right click on the d3d9.dll file again and go to security.
8. Click the "Edit" button and then click on "administrators".
8. Tick all of the boxes to give yourself full control of the file, there will be a warning thing that pops up but just click okay and ignore it.
9. You should now be able to edit and replace the file as you please.

If this doesn't work, just let me know and tell me what went wrong, I might have missed a step since I'm trying to recite all of this from memory. If there is some other problem I can look into other ways of fixing it. Good luck!
when i right clicked SysWow64 to change to administrators, it gave me an error applying security notificaion saying it failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied.

JackedHeart

Aug 26, 2017
when i right clicked SysWow64 to change to administrators, it gave me an error applying security notificaion saying it failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied.
You don't want to change the permission of the SysWow64 folder, you want to change the permission of the d3d9.dll file, which is within the SysWow64 folder.

11bravocrunchie

Sep 23, 2019
I know this has probably been answered about 5,000 times already, but I had RL on my old comp and it ran (had the extra dll files to make it run smoothly). But now that I'm trying to get it to run on my new computer, it wont load from the launcher. I'm running the .exe as Admin, and it opens the launcher, but it just closes if I click Play or Settings, and if I try running it in Compatibility Mode, I just get an error message.

Can someone assist me in figuring this out please?

sadboii

Jul 22, 2018
If anyone's still playing and is experiencing the awful FPS on Windows 10, try using this d3d9.dll from the old hongfire AA2 forums. Started playing the game myself and Illusion games before Unity does suffer a lot from the directX changes in win10.

Yo can you send me the file somehow? I can't download it because mega.nz is not working for me for some reason.

Reactions: tristan2998

Bad Karma

Oct 3, 2017
Yo can you send me the file somehow? I can't download it because mega.nz is not working for me for some reason.
dont know if you ever got it to work, anybody that still has low fps, D3D9.dll file mentioned on this thread no longer works, to get the game to work....

go here and download "dgVoodoo v2.62.1", if theres a newer version it should still work

2. open and navigate to ms/x86

3. drag and drop the D3D9.dll file to the games main directory

if its working you should see a watermark in the lower right corner of your screen

also the game does not support multiple monitors, it wont start unless disable the other monitors, in windows 10 you can use *windows key* plus P

blaahblaehblub

Sep 20, 2019
dont know if you ever got it to work, anybody that still has low fps, D3D9.dll file mentioned on this thread no longer works, to get the game to work....

go here and download "dgVoodoo v2.62.1", if theres a newer version it should still work

2. open and navigate to ms/x86

3. drag and drop the D3D9.dll file to the games main directory

if its working you should see a watermark in the lower right corner of your screen

also the game does not support multiple monitors, it wont start unless disable the other monitors, in windows 10 you can use *windows key* plus P

I did just that (dragged it to the location where I installed the game) and I still get like 5 FPS :/

Bad Karma

Oct 3, 2017
I did just that (dragged it to the location where I installed the game) and I still get like 5 FPS :/
really? do you see the voodoo watermark in the lower right corner screen?

try this

its a special build for artificial academy 2 but it should work for the other old illusion games, if that still doesn't work than i'm out of ideas

blaahblaehblub

Sep 20, 2019
really? do you see the voodoo watermark in the lower right corner screen?

try this

its a special build for artificial academy 2 but it should work for the other old illusion games, if that still doesn't work than i'm out of ideas

Was my mistake; i copied the x64 version, not the x86. With the latter its now working. Thanks!

Tenebrae956

Apr 10, 2019
My apologies, but how exactly would I run the game? I've installed it properly (I think) by mounting the iso, installed using setup. When I try to run "Rapelay English" Nothing happens.

Bad Karma

Oct 3, 2017
My apologies, but how exactly would I run the game? I've installed it properly (I think) by mounting the iso, installed using setup. When I try to run "Rapelay English" Nothing happens.
do you have more than one monitor? if you do you have to disable all but one. you can do that quickly in window 10 with *windows key* plus P

Rapelay does not have multi monitor support

Reactions: JayC29 and narangd
4.60 star(s) 5 Votes