Others - Completed - RapeLay [Final] [Illusion]

1. 5.00 star(s)

OurManBim

Remember when illussion used to make games with actual plot? Yeah me neither... but here we are, actual illussion game with plot! And characters that have some personality that is actually written and not poorly scripted! How refreshing, too bad it aged badly, graphics might be fine if you are 70 years old and can't see much anyway, still if all you experienced recently were their new *clears throat* (que big ass quotes) "gAmEs" that have no plot, no personality and show you all they've got in 10 minutes then I highly recommend this morally questionable game about "becoming friends" with 3 lovely ladies and by becoming friends I mean LOOK AT THE TAGS! LOOK AT THE TITLE!

Imagine Illussion publishing a game like that these days... no chance, guys got soft, it really feels like old illussion was run by yakuza and they got replaced by a bunch of beta males.

Jokes aside, obviously it's just a game, and no means no but this game is still pretty hot and still enjoyable, especially if you like games that just don't throw everything they've got at you all at once and slowly unlock all the bits, and it has some plot that doesn't take too much game time, mostly just dialogs and fact game is linear but it's still much better than their new "simulation" aka play animation with no variation games.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

PDP19

Ah yes, this one's a winner from way back, back when H games weren't derivative shits that uses the same engine and gameplay over and over.

So let's go over some initial details. This game is controversial, not because of its gameplay or its theme (serious H gamers would probably know that this is hardly the worse, or the creepiest) but because it actually headlined in western newspapers, proportly because it encourages the actual act of rape. I think we can all agree that this is bs, but thinking about it now, the infamy this game generated probably began illusion's shift towards the shit end of what it is today.

But all that said, let's go over why I feel this game is perhaps one of the best H game ever made, even by today's standards.

Story
    No one comes to H games for solid storytelling and this game is no different. The story is short, stupid, and completely unrealistic. Its not even over the top so you can't laugh at it. And it does have a bad ending, and man that's violent enough that even thinking about it is chilling.

So long story short, you play an adolescent bshitter with rich parents who was caught in the act of groping, and gets sent to prison. But because of his parent's influence and money you managed to get out. Seething with anger, you decide, like any japanese hero would I guess, that you're going to take it out on the girl who blew the whistle on you, by making her entire family your personal sex slaves.

Our hero here the proceeds to target, gropes, rape, then blackmail each of the three girls into being his personal cum sock. Eventually breaking them to such extends that this family unit will actually go on a threesome with you. Yes, mother and daughter will actually squeeze your dick between their jugs, on your command. Just think how hard it is to convince your little sister to do her chores in real life and imagine this idiot here getting girls to cum on command.

The bad ending? Well, if you manage to get the middle girl (long hair) broken, pregnant and choose the cowgirl position, she'll actually knife you down. Its certainly novel for a H game to end it via a position choice, but trust me this is not a pretty sight.

Good ending? Far as I know there isn't any. Your asshole bshitter hero remains the same asshole bshitter. I guess a good ending for him is to not die.

Gameplay
    Illusion games in the past have always been somewhat revolutionary when it comes to gameplay. This one is no different. Its chikan gameplay remains one of the best ones out there even today. Nothing special, but the girl's reaction, animation, and simplicity makes it excellent. Short, simple and sweet.

There a variety of positions and very much unlike today's H games, this one doesn't just poof to whatever position you choose. You'll need to be in the correct pose (you can't go from doggy to missionary via one click, you need to go upright first) and there's actually in-between pose switch animation, a rarity nowadays.

There is a progression system that requires you grind for more positions, but overall I've never personally thought it to be anywhere near grinding. I mean, its easy enough to do and the game is satisfying enough that I never thought much about the grinding. But admitably some amount of grinding is required, for each individual girl, to have everything.

Artwork
    This game is old enough that many aspiring professional perverts here wouldn't have been born when it was released. The 3d graphics is dated by today's standards but its not bad. You're not getting honey select's realistic graphics but its still serviceable.

Certainly enough to fap on it. But really this game was pretty advance back then. I think its somewhere around above average ps2 graphics.

So in conclusion. Go ahead now and play it. Because despite its age its still very good. If youre wondering why this game got banned in so many western countries (though not the other illusion games) that's likely because it was just THAT good. And that's saying alot. Illusion has gone a long way since the last time one of their games pushed any envelopes at all, but I think its fair to say that this game stands the test of time and thoroughly deserved to be among the best.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

JackedHeart

For all its flaws, I just can't seem to stay away from this game. There's really nothing else like it, not even other illusion games come anywhere close. The gameplay may be simple and the graphics a bit dated, but in my opinion it still holds up to this day and even if other games have surpassed it technically, none have the dark tones and extreme, taboo content that this game has. It really is a masterpiece and a must play for anyone who's into the rape genre, the only problem that I have with this game is that there isn't enough to it and the fact that we're likely never going to get a similar game or sequal.

Visuals: 5/5 (A bit dated but the game still looks great, maybe not as visually impressive or diverse as Illusions latest work but it holds up and has a certain charm to it, at least in my opinion)

Gameplay: 4/5 (The game is incredibly simple but in a good way. The controls are intuitive, the groping mechanic is incredible and the game has a very sandbox feel, letting you explore and experiment to your hearts content. Progression is a bit tricky without a guide since the UI translation isn't perfect and there isn't that much to do beyond breaking the girls, but despite it's limitations it's still great.)

Story/writing: 3/5 (By far the weakest part of the game, despite the fact that I love the genre, tones and concept. We don't have much story beyond the first three scenes and the translation we have at present is kinda rough. Getting to break the girls and impregnate them is great, if not a bit tricky and very sudden, and it's a lot better if you have the mod that provides subtitles to their voicelines during H-Scenes. More story and progression would have been great, but what we have is decent enough and does the job)

Characters: 4/5 (MC is a fairly generic pervert out for revenge, not much there but honestly I think that might be in the games favor. All three girls are great and I love the range of ages and personalities between them, as well as the ways they interact with each other in the group rape scenes, both pre and post mindbreak. Them all being related adds another layer of twisted tabooness and darkness to the story, which might not be to everyones tastes, but is definitely to mine. Obviously you get a lot more out of the characters if you have the subtitle mod that I mentioned before.)

Overall: 5/5 (Partly due to nostalgia, but I truly do love this game, for everything it is, does and tries to do. It's ambitious, it's extreme and it really is one of a kind. There may never be another game like it, but that just makes me appriciate this game so much more!)
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Zmobie1

Western familiarity with Illusion Japan's pioneering 2006 3D eroge was something of a collaboration between the software developers and the now-defunct Hongfire modding community. The Hongfire modders exposed these games to the West by cracking the media protections and providing UI and story translations, as well as created a huge range of gameplay and asset mods before poser/daz3d was a thing.

The game itself is pretty grindy and the UI sucks (easiest to restart the game if you want to pick a different girl). But the model-style and game play provided the template for many of the 3D eroge games that have been produced in the last 15 years. Indeed, this game is the progenitor of the Illusion Honey Select engine, which is commonly used for rapidly modeling familiar visual novel assets.

Even today, the content is definitely still transgressive, and Rapelay has lead to _a lot_ of media pearl-clutching over the years. The POV-MC stalks, molests, and rapes a single-mother and her two daughters, one of whom is canonically underage. And the creepiness is only amplified by a weirdly affected English translation.

Illusion Japan has produced many technically superior games over the last 15 years, but none quite as nasty as this one, I think.

"Enough, let us enjoy..."
  5. 4.00 star(s)

LBX_Master

Considering this game is one of Illusion's games from the early 2000s It is quite good. The voice acting is great for its time. The graphics is also great for the game of its time. Gameplay -wise, it is good since it is basically you trying to make the girls succumb to lewdness. It defers from one person to another if the question is about how Grind-heavy the game is. Some Japanese Eroges from its era like to put the element of grinding to get to the lewd part.

Overall this is a good game to anyone who wants to discover the early 2000s Japanese Eroge.