• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Rance IX

errte13

Oct 6, 2020
Checking vndb, Rance IX 100% translated/edited is in "script insertion" phase since 2021-11-29 at 10:53. 7 months more or less, mangagamer sure takes their sweet time.

After insertion, I'm sure there's debugging phase right? :(

errte13

Oct 6, 2020
The project is still alive, I really hope it's out soon :

How long does this take?

Reactions: kharza

kharza

Jan 23, 2018
The project is still alive, I really hope it's out soon :

How long does this take?
I think we should expect it in the next half year from now on. (based on how much progress they had in each update and the frequencies in their updates) In the worst case a year, but it´s not likely to delay that much.

Reactions: errte13

Juicer97

Jun 2, 2022
Wonder how long it'll take'em to release rance 3. I stopped on the 2nd and kind of want to continue playing chronoligcally but then there is also rance 4 which isn't remastered. Now I wonder if I should still wait or jump to rance 5d and so on?

• Angry
Reactions: SymbolicSalad

kharza

Jan 23, 2018
Wonder how long it'll take'em to release rance 3. I stopped on the 2nd and kind of want to continue playing chronoligcally but then there is also rance 4 which isn't remastered. Now I wonder if I should still wait or jump to rance 5d and so on?
I personally jumped to 5d, I wouldn´t recommend playing the old games in their current form and you´d need to wait for 3 remastered to be translated around a 2 years. (and no one knows how the hell long for remastered 4)

The Rance series only really gets going with Rance VI (still recommend to play 5d, it has important character introduction) anyways, that´s where both the art and the rpg mechanincs step up to a greater level.

• Angry
Reactions: SymbolicSalad

Juicer97

Jun 2, 2022
I personally jumped to 5d, I wouldn´t recommend playing the old games in their current form and you´d need to wait for 3 remastered to be translated around a 2 years. (and no one knows how the hell long for remastered 4)

The Rance series only really gets going with Rance VI (still recommend to play 5d, it has important character introduction) anyways, that´s where both the art and the rpg mechanincs step up to a greater level.
I really liked the rance 1 gameplay mechanic how do other games compare? I heard rance 3 improved on the 1st one so I was looking to that one.

kharza

Jan 23, 2018
I really liked the rance 1 gameplay mechanic how do other games compare? I heard rance 3 improved on the 1st one so I was looking to that one.
I only tried Rance 3 (the original) then ended giving up on the game, so I don´t really remember much about the game mechanics. So from the ones I played:
Rance 5d is not that good with the game mechanics, it has a really random system which decides encounters on which you have minimal control. It is basically and easy dungeon crawler with a lot of randomness added to it. So rance 5d will likely feel as a step down from the previous games. It´s only worth to play for important character introduction in my opinion.

Rance VI became more of a tactical rpg meaning managing your teammates, which is still sort of retains the dungeon crawl aesthetic. I feel like at this point the mechanics were already good, albeit a little bit too simple. Rance Magnum is basically the same, only this time they fleshed out the system a lot more, I would say that from their translated games this is the one I enjoyed the most both in mechanics and in content.

Then there is Sengoku Rance which is an absolutely unforgiving turn based strategy, which basically works completely different from any of their games. The game mechanics are really great, but it is frustratingly hard.

About Rance 3, 4 I don´t really know just like you I´m waiting for their remakes to be made\translated.