RPGM Abandoned Raid on Astoria [v0.6b] [Time For Great Games]

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
didn't that guy on patreon wrote, that the whole game is translated now and that they are 90% sure?
seems like you can't even give a damn about a high % quote.

is the game itself even worth it?

Nightcrawler

Carpe Diem
Donor
May 23, 2017
played a bit has potential but they need to sort out the translation.Russian not a strong point

Mavar4ik

Jan 2, 2018
Thank you for your comments and suggestions. We will do a lot and make translation better in the future. Right now it is more like techno-demo to understand if we are moving in th right direction. If you like what we have now, wait for the release, which will include everything we wanted to do.

tuShua

Oct 29, 2017
is there a full english translation of this? it sucks when it suddenly turns to all out russian

wrong

Jun 24, 2017
The Game is Awesome , It's Visual Novel On RPG Format , The Story Progress.

Not Like Other RPGM Game , where the player wandering around receiving numerous quest at the same time , and eventually forget about the quest , or dont know how to trigger the flag scene / how to progress , etc

This Game is Straight Forward , Great Story , especially for someone who like Vikings Series

Loqic

Royal Jelly
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Ha, right, I already forgot about this one.
Abandoned as expected I guess. Making games with the only goal to earn money is not a good start. There are developers who give out their work for free and get plenty of donations for the simple reason that they love making games and it shows in the end result.

That they wanted to create a new project after such a bad start also didn't help much I guess. ^^;

tuShua

Oct 29, 2017
Ha, right, I already forgot about this one.
Abandoned as expected I guess. Making games with the only goal to earn money is not a good start. There are developers who give out their work for free and get plenty of donations for the simple reason that they love making games and it shows in the end result.

That they wanted to create a new project after such a bad start also didn't help much I guess. ^^;
Yeah, what you said reminded me of when I was in my 1st year in college taking up architecture years ago. An architect told us, "if you only took up architecture because you heard the pay was really good and u are only in it for the money, then better pack ur things up and leave. This course is not for you. Architecture is art. We do this because it's what we love to do, despite being stressful at times. If you don't enjoy doing your job then it isn't for you." 5 years later it's the same ol thing ive been telling freshmen. Relate a lot to this game.

But, it's either that, or he didnt have the money anymore to hire good artists, didnt have the time or didnt see anymore inspiration to continue making/developing the game. We'll never know. Shame though, such a waste.

Reactions: DrackDrap
Feb 21, 2018
Thoughts 0.6b (abandoned)
well...i like playing the bad guy since it is rare, the problem with that though is you get choices. some of which could be considered mercy. and yet. it never feels like any choice you are given matters more then the immediate dialog/scene that follows.
the battle system is good. giving something a little different than what is default.
i loved the art style in this

Overall
decent experience despite being abandoned. i would recommend just because you don't play as a hero if for no other reason.

Glitches
after the part where you cut a tree and it becomes night. you leave and instantly appear in the village. if you go back to the area where the ship is being built right now. you will be stuck there.

Reactions: namoRX and AsterK

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Other than the bad engrish from russian, this game was well programmed, had decent art and a story that mostly made sense. Still sad to see it gone.

adsterror

Dec 16, 2018
To everyone here who is amazed by the low pricetags given by the author:
He is russian.
400 bucks a month is a good fuckin salary around here even for a full time work, not taking part-time in account.