Jjjorougumo

Dec 10, 2017
oh damn the heroines in this one are super cute! you can always count on appetite for some fun low-stakes eye candy

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
I have to say that I picked this one up because I saw the CG-set elsewhere and thought the girls were hot and whatnot... but I didn't really have any real expectations of much quality. It's Appetite after all, they're one of those groups that pumps out shovelware fast. Their content is short and simple and often full of plot-holes and whatnot.

This VN isn't THAT different. It's still short. It still fails to really delve into the characters and it still jumps from 0 to 100 way too fast. But. At least it has 3 endings rather than the typical 2 I usually see from Appetite, and the way the choices mix is a bit more elaborate than they usually bother too. While the amount of effort they put into things is low, this time, there's still 50% more effort than they usually bother with. So that's something. I guess.

On the other hand, it shows that they struggled having two girls in a VN while still trying to keep it as short as they usually do. Which is why the progression of events is even worse than it usually is for an Appetite VN.

The scenes are reasonably hot for what they're meant to be. Aka hot girls making a mess of an otaku club and ending up raped in the process, until they get addicted to dicks. Though the context is a bit more complex than that.

The overview will have you thinking that it's two girls competing to be the "Princess" of the otaku club, however... The fact of the matter is that Himeki Ai, the original Princess, wasn't actually aiming to be one in the first place. She's just a nice girl that's genuinely into cosplay and seems to be an otaku herself. It's Hanasaki who's intentionally trying to become the Princess of the club, because she's a spoiled, attention obsessed brat. Hanasaki doesn't even like otaku, a fact that pops out depending on choices, and she intentionally fucks with Himeki just because she doesn't want to share the spotlight.

All that, however, isn't quite properly explored. The VN is simply too short for that and the majority of it is basically just H-Scenes. So don't expect any real effort being put into character motivations and whatnot. The whole thing rides on "time passed and shit happened offscreen, totally, trust me dude". That's the only justification for the various developments in the VN which lead to the three endings. How you rate the endings depends on personal taste, but I personally classify them based on how things happen in relation to the MC, how happy he is at the end and how much he gets what he really wants. I'd say that there's a good ending, a normal ending, and a bad ending by those factors.

Taking it from the back, the bad ending is the one where Hanasaki succeeds in taking over as the club's Princess, all while turning Himeki into the club's cum-dump. Himeki becomes completely obsessed with dick and starts fucking loads of dudes even outside the club. The MC ends up fucking her in the ending with a bunch of guys and consoles himself that it's ok as long as she's happy, but his creativity takes a massive hit and he's not genuinely happy.

The Normal ending has the MC pick up on what Hanasaki is up too, but too late to completely stop her. The end result is that both she and Himeki end up as the club's cum dumps and the club regains its harmony for the most part... but it stops being a proper otaku club and becomes more of a sex-club. The MC is happy that he can have sex with either girl whenever he wants, and his creativity isn't impacted, but it doesn't flourish either. For the most part, MC is content, but his love for Himeki goes nowhere and he's left with a bit of a "this is fine" feeling.

Lastly, what I consider the good ending. MC discovers Hanasaki's real nature early on, and he's completely not ok with it. While he can't stop her from getting Himeki raped and sexually bullied for a while, he prevents the worst from happening. He rapes Hanasaki himself and then turns her into the club's cum dump, eventually getting her to start in amateur cosplay AV for them. After that, he leaves the club with Himeki and the two of them hook-up. The ending has them engaged, having kinky cosplay sex whenever they want and his creativity as a hentai artist is at its peak. This ending is the one where MC is the happiest and gets the girl he loves to boot.

All that said, I really wish that this idea was used in a much longer VN. I think it could make for a pretty sexy story with a lot more scenes in it and a lot more developments. Obviously, that's never gonna come from Appetite, but a perv can dream and all that.

Reactions: notBatman747
3.50 star(s) 2 Votes