VN Others Abandoned Quantum Time Shift [Ch. 1 Ep. 1] [Hunter]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
Good start, interested to see what happens in episode 2.

I wouldn't worry too much about the "body shift" effects, however I found .

I agree with some of the engine comments, I think Ren'Py would be a better choice for something like this which has multiple "Game Over" paths, as it has rollback and fast skip.

Reactions: ponyguy

cloudstrife

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
Thanks for all the feedback everyone, I'm glad you liked the first episode, any pledges would extremely appreciated haha. Work on episode 2 starts tomorrow and I'll post a render or 2 by the end of the week for patrons first:) thanks again for helping me with this

cloudstrife

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
@Sam I tried reading the tutorial for renpy and couldn't really understand it so if I was going to migrate the game to that I'd need someone who knows how to use renpy, and who has the time, to do the engine side of things for me

Voilsh

Apr 30, 2017
there was already a parody where Al stated "you gotta work the shaft Sam, WORK THE SHAFT" as Sam had leaped into a female prostitute and had to give good head to leap out....
Wait, really? Though more than fan fiction, I was waiting for someone to use the concept in a story ;)

pceney

Jun 5, 2017
Good first chapter, I loved the little details about the crew rotation & relationships in the sleeper ship.

In the future, you should definitely show a preview of the next chapter, like in Quantum Leap. Perhaps only in the serious ending, to encourage also taking that path.

cloudstrife

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
@pceney that's a very good idea, I like it. I'll see about adding it when I can, I don't think I can add it to the next part because episode 2 will be the last part of chapter 1, and I'd like to keep the destination of each new chapter a surprise. After episode 2 it will go on to the epilogue where we get to see what happens to Joseph after cormac has moved on, if I get any patrons on the top tier they will be able to decide what happens, they will be able to suggest and vote for events in the epilogue and I'll do my best to make them

cloudstrife

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
What does everyone think of the pledge tiers, is there something more I should add, are some of them a bit too expensive?

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Yeah you should definitely drop your prices a bit, maybe max out at $20.

No one is ever going to pledge 40 or 60 dollars a month unless you are offering hand drawn super specific niche fetish stuff so might want to drop those.

Probably should figure out some sort of $1, $5, $10, $20 pledge level, because way overpricing on your site early can turn people off who might pledge just as fast as a bad product.

Reactions: Arcane666

cloudstrife

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
Right I've adjusted the tier prices so everyone check them out and see what you think:)

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
Ziggy suggests that there's a 92% chance you should listen to her when she says 'Not in the ass! Not in the ass!'

Reactions: cloudstrife

cloudstrife

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
hey everybody, i've made a discord channel, so if you want to chat then feel free to join

Reactions: Sheet420
3.00 star(s) 2 Votes