• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py Onhold Project Winter Heroines [v0.18] [Henshinvolt & Felsouth]

3.20 star(s) 5 Votes

MarioChief

Dec 13, 2020
I'll need to check some of these errors, hopefully by the next release I can few some of it (hopefully I do not forget).

I did write dialogue for plasma armor intro for Rebecca though I do feel like I would need to include other stuff to include it (probably when more heroine stuff is in there).
I imagine her getting it after capturing relevant characters like Carol or Kamala makes sense, or during an attempted breakout by the heroines thus leaning into the Lockdown name. I'm not a programmer so I don't know how hard that sort of condition or event would be to make though.
The heroine capturing mechanic also seems more barebones than it's intended to be.

Henshinvolt

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2018
I imagine her getting it after capturing relevant characters like Carol or Kamala makes sense, or during an attempted breakout by the heroines thus leaning into the Lockdown name. I'm not a programmer so I don't know how hard that sort of condition or event would be to make though.
The heroine capturing mechanic also seems more barebones than it's intended to be.
Yeah, that is a possible idea.

For the capturing I wanted to make it simple enough so there is a bit more of thought that goes through when you do it but its quick to do.

Reactions: Testerguy19

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
The game seems very broken. I played it back when it was first released and decided to give it another go with v0.16. Last night I started with Melissa and was able to get her Screaming Mimi outfit and stripping. Eventually hit a wall with Natalia, Melissa, and Jessica. Tried playing again just now to try to find the Rebecca content and my save was apparently pre-capturing Jessica and everything was leading to rollback errors.

So I started over with Natalia first and I think I've been able to get all of her and Jessica's content but Melissa seems completely broken. First time I enter her room it unlocks the Denim outfit but after that she doesn't want to Talk or Strip and Dancing and Wrestling say they won't change her attitude (even though they're not grey'd out). I tried dancing and wrestling in both the Songbird and Denim outfits a few times (and they grey'd out after the first time) but she still won't Talk or Strip and the Mimi outfit won't unlock.

Meanwhile, here's what I see when I enter Rebecca's room. Rebecca.png

Henshinvolt

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2018
The game seems very broken. I played it back when it was first released and decided to give it another go with v0.16. Last night I started with Melissa and was able to get her Screaming Mimi outfit and stripping. Eventually hit a wall with Natalia, Melissa, and Jessica. Tried playing again just now to try to find the Rebecca content and my save was apparently pre-capturing Jessica and everything was leading to rollback errors.

So I started over with Natalia first and I think I've been able to get all of her and Jessica's content but Melissa seems completely broken. First time I enter her room it unlocks the Denim outfit but after that she doesn't want to Talk or Strip and Dancing and Wrestling say they won't change her attitude (even though they're not grey'd out). I tried dancing and wrestling in both the Songbird and Denim outfits a few times (and they grey'd out after the first time) but she still won't Talk or Strip and the Mimi outfit won't unlock.

Meanwhile, here's what I see when I enter Rebecca's room. View attachment 2398480
I have never seen/encountered this before. I am guessing this may be happening due to me having changed all the variables a year+ ago (when all the art got redone). I probably should have made it so you had to start a new save back when I changed everything.

The Rebecca portrait at a glance look like there is no position set on her which shows to me it is a save issue.

Checked Melissa and I couldn't replicate the issue with Melissa on a new save.
581.PNG

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
I have never seen/encountered this before. I am guessing this may be happening due to me having changed all the variables a year+ ago (when all the art got redone). I probably should have made it so you had to start a new save back when I changed everything.

The Rebecca portrait at a glance look like there is no position set on her which shows to me it is a save issue.

Checked Melissa and I couldn't replicate the issue with Melissa on a new save.
View attachment 2399552
It's brand new saves. I'll try deleting the app data and starting over and see if that works.

Edit: That worked. I don't know much about Ren'py but I guess having app data from before the remake was messing things up.

Last edited:

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
ProjectWinterHeroines-0.17
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
ProjectWinterHeroines-0.18
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Cursed89

Mar 13, 2019
I believe that slowing down updates and having more content in future updates is more valuable than having 1-2 new scenes, and I'm sure many other people concur that having larger and slower updates with more quality content is preferable to fast tiny updates.

Henshinvolt

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2018
I believe that slowing down updates and having more content in future updates is more valuable than having 1-2 new scenes, and I'm sure many other people concur that having larger and slower updates with more quality content is preferable to fast tiny updates.
It might be the way to go since Winter Heroines does not get much attention. The amount of content that gets done would not increase though. It would just be two builds in one build if I did that (as a example).

Reactions: armion82

Sanito

Jul 15, 2017
I disagree personally - I find that a dev regularly updating a game even with small updates means I'm more confident it won't become abandonware

Henshinvolt

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2018
Is there a guide or walkthrough to make sense of things?
I have not made one though I thought it was fairly simple.
I disagree personally - I find that a dev regularly updating a game even with small updates means I'm more confident it won't become abandonware
Yeah it does make people aware that it still exists. Debating with myself if I want to work more on Winter Heroines or put more of my focus on my Korra stuff.

Reactions: Gabaw
3.20 star(s) 5 Votes