Unreal Engine Onhold Project Elimination: The Forbidden Planet [Test version v0.55] [MATEYDEV]

3.70 star(s) 11 Votes

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
I'm in the discord and I checked. They either renamed the two older games or these are completely new. I missed these because I just scroll through the wips section

[On hold] (Primary project) Project Unknown (Will active again when Project Elimination is completed)
[On hold] (Additional project) Project Elimination (Will active again when Project Extermination is completed)
[Active] (Primary project) Project Extermination.
This is correct, for those who are not on the server, here is a recap. Also, depending on how good Project Extermination will do, Project Unknown may be reactivated before Project Elimination...but I don't have a crystal ball so don't hold me to that.

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
That's some nice looking Close Quarters Combat right there.

Is the release "in a few days" going to be a public demo or patreons first?

spike0000

Jul 12, 2017
You know what, that extermination thing had a demo even before this coming one.

It was almost impossible to get, and I think this coming next demo build would be, too.

That DEV mentioned free version later at that time, but that didn't came out ever.

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Already found an issue with the new game I think. If you drop a box near a ladder, you can't pick it back up. The game prioritizes the ladder over other objects for like 5 feet away from it.

Man, timed demos are obnoxious. Not like the game has much content to try out. It just makes bug testing more annoying.

Breasts on the new character seem like implants, too rounded at the top and sides (Orb like). They're nearing "bolt on" appearance. Guess that's pretty common with this dev, I didn't remember it with section 7.

Combat seems pretty good so far though. Hope the content can keep up with it. Although the melee is a little inconsistent with when hits land, it's pretty satisfying to whack enemies down. Bobbing and weaving to avoid hits is pretty decent too, though it might be a bit too difficult right now to disengage from melee. It feels a bit weird to suddenly be slower than enemies when you close in on them. You pretty much have to kill enemies to get them off you since you back away and turn so slowly. It's not a drastic change that's needed, just maybe tweaked a bit. Obviously if it's too easy it makes dodging less necessary. Could be a roll option or something that creates more distance but uses a lot of energy? When wildly swinging at multiple enemies is the better option over disengaging, something might need some tweaks lol.

P.S: I'll repost this if the new game actually gets its own game thread. I dunno what happens to REQ threads when the game gets a normal thread for it.

Last edited:

shittyguy

Jun 8, 2017
Already found an issue with the new game I think. If you drop a box near a ladder, you can't pick it back up. The game prioritizes the ladder over other objects for like 5 feet away from it.

Man, timed demos are obnoxious. Not like the game has much content to try out. It just makes bug testing more annoying.

Breasts on the new character seem like implants, too rounded at the top and sides (Orb like). They're nearing "bolt on" appearance. Guess that's pretty common with this dev, I didn't remember it with section 7.

Combat seems pretty good so far though. Hope the content can keep up with it. Although the melee is a little inconsistent with when hits land, it's pretty satisfying to whack enemies down. Bobbing and weaving to avoid hits is pretty decent too, though it might be a bit too difficult right now to disengage from melee. It feels a bit weird to suddenly be slower than enemies when you close in on them. You pretty much have to kill enemies to get them off you since you back away and turn so slowly. It's not a drastic change that's needed, just maybe tweaked a bit. Obviously if it's too easy it makes dodging less necessary. Could be a roll option or something that creates more distance but uses a lot of energy? When wildly swinging at multiple enemies is the better option over disengaging, something might need some tweaks lol.

P.S: I'll repost this if the new game actually gets its own game thread. I dunno what happens to REQ threads when the game gets a normal thread for it.
i feel you that timer is bs i was mostly at the base testing my controller and key bind to get used to the controls and also settings, next thing i know i hear a sound boom red srceen back to the title screen i go.

Reactions: FruitSmoothie

zola0420

Feb 21, 2020
NEW RELEASE FOR THE RELEASE GOD! NEW PROOVE CONCEPT BUILD FOR THE PROOVE CONCEPT BUILD THRONE!
I want to understand what kind of language you speakin', and I want to know what the holy fuck are you talkin' about. If I remember clearly, he said that he lost the files or the complete project of this game, so he has to redo it from scratch.
Prove me wrong if i say something stupid.

3.70 star(s) 11 Votes