Unreal Engine Onhold Project Elimination: The Forbidden Planet [Test version v0.55] [MATEYDEV]

3.70 star(s) 11 Votes

NemesisOfLife

Jan 4, 2022
so... this game is not ready to be playable .. can anybody tell me how long will it take for him(approximately)? i don't know if he has improved or not since i stopped checking on him after he abandoned 2 games

Reactions: MoreNow

MoreNow

Nov 25, 2017
so... this game is not ready to be playable .. can anybody tell me how long will it take for him(approximately)? i don't know if he has improved or not since i stopped checking on him after he abandoned 2 games
He's working quite hard on things. Perhaps he plans to make most $ by actual game sales and not from monthly support? Up to him, of course - I'm pretty sure he worked really hard remaking everything after somehow losing project files and animations etc. Or maybe he says it all got nuked or lost because it was too buggy and fucked up to become a game? I do remember playing it and it had a lot of engine breaking bugs that results in CTDs or unplayable character states.

but you should really be here: https://f95zone.to/threads/section-7-project-unknown-101-test-version-update-mr-matthew.58610/

this thread should come with a warning or something - this 2D side scroller is COMPLETELY dead and gone as of now. Even with 20k a month in funds, this game would be like 2 years away IMHO.

MoreNow

Nov 25, 2017
regarding World, UI, and Sound Systems Update.
i think you meant to post this here? https://f95zone.to/threads/section-7-project-unknown-101-test-version-update-mr-matthew.58610/

this thread is the 2D game, not the 3D game.
the dev cant finish a single map or level to a playable state.
the patreon update you linked, which looks great for objects in UE, is for the 3D game - which name will continue to change 50 times lol.

project naming with this dev should literally be DEV NAME + Year + Month + Day to eradicate the frenzy of projects/games confusion.

• Angry
Reactions: tomwilliams9911

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
i think you meant to post this here? https://f95zone.to/threads/section-7-project-unknown-101-test-version-update-mr-matthew.58610/

this thread is the 2D game, not the 3D game.
the dev cant finish a single map or level to a playable state.
the patreon update you linked, which looks great for objects in UE, is for the 3D game - which name will continue to change 50 times lol.

project naming with this dev should literally be DEV NAME + Year + Month + Day to eradicate the frenzy of projects/games confusion.
Read this and this, a new thread for the game currently under development will be created when the PoC (proof of concept) demo will be release. As for why the 2 threads for the Projects Elimination & Unkonwn are not marked as on hold/abandoned or whatever other tag specifing that are not actively developed right now is beyond me and I really don't care...we've been using this one and occasionally the one of PU for updates and general discussion of Mateydev's project...but since PU's development will be eventually reactivated and this one is the game that got lost in the hardware faliure I've been posting here.

MoreNow

Nov 25, 2017
Read this and this, a new thread for the game currently under development will be created when the PoC (proof of concept) demo will be release. As for why the 2 threads for the Projects Elimination & Unkonwn are not marked as on hold/abandoned or whatever other tag specifing that are not actively developed right now is beyond me and I really don't care...we've been using this one and occasionally the one of PU for updates and general discussion of Mateydev's project...but since PU's development will be eventually reactivated and this one is the game that got lost in the hardware faliure I've been posting here.
Those links are just more confusing.

• Angry

Levy88

Jul 25, 2017
Those links are just more confusing.
Nah, they really aren't. He is showing you those links because it is explaining in some detail what is currently happening and what to expect in a rough timeframe. Alket helps him closely on discord and is just trying to keep others here informed. He will arguably be your best source of information when there is information to be shared outside of our private testing group.

6DarkRaven9

Nov 14, 2017
regarding Interactable Objects, Buffs/Debuffs.
Creating the assets for the map is the last big task before the planned PoC, that will come this year asap.
This guy is 'self taught'. Damn. The quality is just not what you'd expect from a indie dev.

Mordona

Confused Demoness
Donor
Dec 1, 2017
This guy is 'self taught'. Damn. The quality is just not what you'd expect from a indie dev.
I think the same thing about Devolution too. But for solo devs, as the quality goes up, so does the time to make advancements.

sunduk51

Feb 18, 2021
1. right click "ProjectElimination.exe"
2. create shortcut
3. right click the new shortcut
4. click properties
5. in the "Target" field, add a space at the end of the line then type -nohmd
(mine looks like this but yours will be slightly different, so dont just copy paste this)

"A:\Tax Return 1995\games\Project Elimination The Forbidden Planet\WindowsNoEditor\ProjectElimination.exe" -nohmd

6. rename the shortcut to "ProjectElimination No VR" and use it to launch the game from now on

this works for every game ive encountered that has this issue
Dude, what is the second gif-picture of yours?

NemesisOfLife

Jan 4, 2022
after failing 2 times.. dev is finally working genuinely on this game judging by the way he updates progress report every 10-15 days

• Angry
Reactions: Дарк136
3.70 star(s) 11 Votes