4.60 star(s) 20 Votes

Nizzquizz

Oct 20, 2017
Optimistic about what? I see no indication the dev realises he fucked up and will fix it so the MC is not so brain dead, rather he's doubling down, trying to justify the moronic decision by saying "Yeah, that was only half the scene, I'll put the rest in the next update and it'll all be fine! Trust me!", completely ignoring that nothing that could come next would justify what MC already did! The scene itself is terrible, but not nearly so bad as the dev's response to being called on it. How you respond to widespread player dissatisfaction is very important, and if that's how it's going to be, "I didn't do anything wrong, y'all are just overreacting", he's lost himself a patron.
Sorry, but that's just not how it comes across to me at all.

Reactions: Mzzznr

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
Optimistic about what? I see no indication the dev realises he fucked up and will fix it so the MC is not so brain dead, rather he's doubling down, trying to justify the moronic decision by saying "Yeah, that was only half the scene, I'll put the rest in the next update and it'll all be fine! Trust me!", completely ignoring that nothing that could come next would justify what MC already did! The scene itself is terrible, but not nearly so bad as the dev's response to being called on it. How you respond to widespread player dissatisfaction is very important, and if that's how it's going to be, "I didn't do anything wrong, y'all are just overreacting", he's lost himself a patron.
Hi Master of Puppets,

I totally agree with what you're saying regarding how a developer reacts to "widespread player dissatisfaction" this is very important, yes.

But from what I'm seeing this "fucked up development choice" as you put it hasn't resulted in "widespread player dissatisfaction" to me as only 13 people have commented on it.

13 people from F95zone and none from my 679 Patreons & 759 Discord users.

That being said though, all feedback is important to me, I don't care where it comes from.

I can see your point of view and yes, having the player wake up next to Hollie is also a viable choice.
Whether it's "better" than what I had in mind is really up to each individual persons take on the game/story.

Either way, the second part of this event would basically end up with the same result in the end.
Because of this, I've created a poll: .

Depending on how many votes the poll receives will determine whether :
1. I re-do the ending of this event so the player wakes up at her place.
2. Leave it as is, have the MC realize his mistake and go back their in the morning before Hollie wakes up.

As for the comment: "I didn't do anything wrong, y'all are just overreacting", he's lost himself a patron."
I never claimed I didn't do anything wrong as there's no reason for me to claim that I had.

Trying to hold a developer "responsible" for creating/writing a story/game in which he/she feels is right is just mind-blowing to me.
The story is theirs to tell, no one else's.

If you feel this strongly about it then please private message me your Patreon name and I'll happily refund all your support thus far.

I have a bug report: During one event Hollie says From context though, it's pretty clear that MC should be the one saying this. Also after you have Hollie saying again this looks like it should be MC.
Thank you for pointing these out, it'll be fixed in the next update.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
But from what I'm seeing this "fucked up development choice" as you put it hasn't resulted in "widespread player dissatisfaction" to me as only 13 people have commented on it.

13 people from F95zone and none from my 679 Patreons & 759 Discord users.
A dozen people complaining about something is widespread, it's naive to simply compare the number of complainants to the total audience. How many patrons regularly post comments, for example? I bet it's only a small number compared to the total. For every person who says something, odds are there are a bunch more thinking it, so a dozen people saying the same thing is a pretty good sign something is wrong. In your last post you acknowledged that there were a lot of people saying it.
As for the comment: "I didn't do anything wrong, y'all are just overreacting", he's lost himself a patron."
I never claimed I didn't do anything wrong as there's no reason for me to claim that I had.
I'm not sure how else to interpret your previous post, where you just said you were happy people were affected by your writing, and that it would all be OK because there was a second half to the event that would make it alright. No sign that you were considering if people might have a point. If that doesn't say "there's nothing wrong with the event as it is" I don't know what does.
If you feel this strongly about it then please private message me your Patreon name and I'll happily refund all your support thus far.
You misunderstand, I meant that I wasn't going to sign up as a patron if you were going to ignore everyone's feedback. Devs who only want to hear good things really annoy me, I don't want to support that kind of dev even if I like the game.

• Sad
Reactions: seamanq

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
@Boomatica

I say leave it the way it is now and just make a few more lines that can be used if they selected the stay there option instead of leaving. There's no need to redo anything just add a few lines of dialogue and it should be good to go.

magus448

May 22, 2018
so, I have the previous version, how do I update it keeping the saves?
Just extract and play the new version. Saves from Renpy games are also stored elsewhere on your computer (appdata) so they can be accessed no matter if your using a new game install. Unless the dev changes the name of the folder they save to. Then you need to just copy the old saves to .../game/saves in the new install.

Reactions: uniposc4 and Mzzznr

Mzzznr

Mar 23, 2019
Depending on how many votes the poll receives will determine whether :
1. I re-do the ending of this event so the player wakes up at her place.
2. Leave it as is, have the MC realize his mistake and go back their in the morning before Hollie wakes up.
- I have a thought of a 3rd possibility for you @Boomatica : make a 2 different path possible for that event ^^ player will choose which path he want to see / follow and this will potentially affect the followings of the event with Hollie :)

problem is , this will "force you" to write 2 separates ending for that event , and so this should lead to the possibility of obtaining some differences in the scenario for the future of the history depending on the path we have chosen in the past, perhaps idk :/ ...

perso , i would prefer wait and see what you had in mind with that story with the next update , before saying you are a bad storyteller or a genius :unsure:
sometime , having a full picture of something is better and help to understand ;)

Reactions: Boom's Attic Games

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
perso , i would prefer wait and see what you had in mind with that story with the next update , before saying you are a bad storyteller or a genius :unsure:
sometime , having a full picture of something is better and help to understand ;)
That's where I disagree, it doesn't matter what happens after MC walks out on her, it won't change that MC did that.

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
It did feel a little "off" with the MC just leaving but nothing to dramatic tbh.

But its cool the dev listens to fans of the game, I only hope they do not sacrifice the long game plan to appease a little grumbling from the peanut gallery.

Reactions: seamanq and Mzzznr

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
A dozen people complaining about something is widespread, it's naive to simply compare the number of complainants to the total audience. How many patrons regularly post comments, for example? I bet it's only a small number compared to the total. For every person who says something, odds are there are a bunch more thinking it, so a dozen people saying the same thing is a pretty good sign something is wrong. In your last post you acknowledged that there were a lot of people saying it.
100% agree.

@Boomatica
In a customer centric environment you usually go by the following axiom. For every single person that complains, twenty-six others are also unhappy but say nothing. So your 13 people who pointed out the issue really should tell someone that 338 actually have a problem with the scene. The other similar axiom is 1 bad experience results in 15 others hearing about it.

So even if the math is not exact in your particular case, you do have to take into account the hidden cost of people who highlight issues. And the research is pretty clear that the percentages given are very typical, not wild ass guesses.

Mzzznr

Mar 23, 2019
100% agree.

@Boomatica
In a customer centric environment you usually go by the following axiom. For every single person that complains, twenty-six others are also unhappy but say nothing. So your 13 people who pointed out the issue really should tell someone that 338 actually have a problem with the scene. The other similar axiom is 1 bad experience results in 15 others hearing about it.

So even if the math is not exact in your particular case, you do have to take into account the hidden cost of people who highlight issues. And the research is pretty clear that the percentages given are very typical, not wild ass guesses.

And at some point YOU ALL have too realized it's "HIS GAME" , not yours .... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

We all understand there is some players who didn''t like that part of the game , and @Boomatica already react here about that and he said he will see what he will do about that depending the poll , and his personal thought , so stop complaining again and again and again , WE ALL HAVE UNDERSTAND !!!

seriously , stop , it's boring to read always the same shit every time , every day , let him some time to do something about that ...

• Love

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
you have your opinion , i have mine ;)

PS: but now pls do us a favor , and calm down .... we all have understand you didn't like that part , and the Dev's made a poll , so stop repeating yourself and wait @Boomatica decisions about that !!
And I'm open to having my opinion changed if a good counter-argument is presented. That won't happen without a dialog though, and telling people who disagree with you to shut up is not conducive to that. The existence of a poll does not mean that all conversation on a topic should cease, talking about why you voted the way you did is quite normal.
They're hard at work creating some music for RIA which You'll hopefully start hearing in the upcoming builds.The music that you currently hear on the main menu was created by them and we're sure they'll continue creating the right style of music for the game.Outside998 is planning on using different instruments for each of the characters in the game and then have the instruments fade in and out depending on which character you're interacting with.
That's cool, audio in a game is pretty much always an improvement, be it music or location ambient noise. A dead quiet game often feels flat compared to one with sound, and while you can always run a media player in the background, music that responds to the game is always better.

Mzzznr

Mar 23, 2019
And I'm open to having my opinion changed if a good counter-argument is presented. That won't happen without a dialog though, and telling people who disagree with you to shut up is not conducive to that. The existence of a poll does not mean that all conversation on a topic should cease, talking about why you voted the way you did is quite normal.
i never say "Shut Up" , i said stop "REPEATING" yourself in every post you made .... it's not the same things -_-"
make 10 posts with the same :mad::mad: Bla Bla :mad::mad:.... every time is not what i call having a conversation or a dialog :rolleyes:

And finally , i didn't choose any side in that "Drama" i only said i wanted to wait and see the full event before explaining my view point about that ...

so again you are all wrong about me :rolleyes:

Private Community :
After taking in the votes from the poll I posted a couple of days ago along with comments from users such as (Jake) & (Mzzznr) I've decided to branch out the (Hollie level up 3-4) event for the next update.You'll now have 2 choices to choose from at the end.1. Staying the night.
2. LeavingBoth of these choices/path will end up with the MC making Hollie breakfast in the morning.It doesn't matter which choice you choose as there will be no negative affect for your decision.
Well, it's for me the best way you could choose to solve that drama and I'm happy if I helped you make that choice :giggle:

for the RIA part i will answer on the official topic , but i'm happy you finally find a new team member to help you ;)

• Love

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
i never say "Shut Up" , i said stop "REPEATING" yourself in every post you made .... it's not the same things -_-"
If you look at comment post #808 your basic response was stop repeating and shut up and that it is Boomatica's game, but apparently you cannot read past the first sentence, since none of that post other than the agreement constituted a repeat of any information posted before. What I did was to give more background that you cannot take just the number of people that post as the total number of people that may have had an issue. If you don't believe my post then I would ask you to google the stats yourself.

Now if you quoted my post out of frustration and intended to quote another poster who may have been repeating themselves, well, nevermind.

Reactions: Master of Puppets
4.60 star(s) 20 Votes