4.60 star(s) 20 Votes

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
Is the text buggy or missing for anyone else's copy of 6.0? I know the games not entirely about the story, but it'd be a nice option to read it like ealier versions. Here's an idea of what I'm looking at, most character text is the same way.
upload_2018-7-11_23-44-54.png

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
I wonder if it has anything to do with the auto full screen feature. Mine is fine.
I inserted an old save and it seemed to fix it, then I read the first line of the walkthrough "must start new game" :(
guess I'll hope somehow the new file fixed all the dialogue. If it does, I'll never understand how.

Reactions: Boom's Attic Games

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
unfortunately no... when I start a new game this is what my dialogue looks like. I doesn't get better ones I pass the into either. I downloaded the high quality version. Picture looks georgeous, but the dialogue may as well be a foreign language.

upload_2018-7-12_1-46-21.png

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
I am using the LQ version now. Deleted the HQ cuz of load time between scenes but that's my laptop so nothing can be done about that from a game pov.

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
I just came across this game today and it looks really interesting. I did hit the virus issue like some others did. I got multiple hits when I unzipped the download from MEGA. In the interest of paranoia I think I'll just wait for the next release. Something to look forward to.
Hi Draconian

It's probably best to wait.
I'm 99.9% sure there is no virus in the download and it's definitely to do with the the plugin I used to force the full screen but I wouldn't expect anyone to take the chance just in case.

The next release is dates for the next build are :
[V0.0.65] [16/07/2018] [Gold Supporters]
[V0.0.65]
[17/07/2018] [Silver Supporters]
[V0.0.65] [18/07/2018] [Bronze Supporters]
[V0.0.65] [19/07/2018] [Amber Supporters]

So I expect some nice fellow will post it here shortly after the 16th.

Is the text buggy or missing for anyone else's copy of 6.0? I know the games not entirely about the story, but it'd be a nice option to read it like ealier versions. Here's an idea of what I'm looking at, most character text is the same way.
View attachment 123328
Hi Yevaud6, Usually when this happens it means that a file is corrupted.
This can happen on extraction or due to the false virus flag on some computers it's removed a file that is needed.

Can I ask if you're running this on a Windows or a Mac system.

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
Hi Yevaud6, Usually when this happens it means that a file is corrupted.
This can happen on extraction or due to the false virus flag on some computers it's removed a file that is needed.

Can I ask if you're running this on a Windows or a Mac system.
I'm running on Windows 7

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Hi,

we had a report of a possible virus in the exe of the game.
Here is the link at virus total:

It is actually recognized by 6 antivirus on 66. It is obliviously up to you decide if download it or not but we believe that it is a false positive.
obliviously?

Draconian_One

May 29, 2018
Sounds like I won't have to wait too long at all then. Thanks for letting me know the release dates. I look forward to it.

Jun 4, 2017
So just to make sure I'm clear: when you ask Belle for a house for [whomever], she asks for a date and tells you to meet her in her room in the evening--but you can't actually do that yet. Right? Or am I missing something?

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
So just to make sure I'm clear: when you ask Belle for a house for [whomever], she asks for a date and tells you to meet her in her room in the evening--but you can't actually do that yet. Right? Or am I missing something?
Currently yes, I'll be expanding on this in the next couple of updates.

bargian

May 7, 2017
I just downloaded the game and tryed to start, got strange popup message, hmm my english is very good so my try to trainslate it from polish might be ... not perfect:

The exit point of the procedure was not found ReleaseSWRLockExclusive in library KERNEL32.dll

at the moment im on bit older computer with win xp... it might be the issue? But ive played some RPGM games here before

phreakinowski

Dec 1, 2017
Not sure if OSX is having a security issue, but cannot open a Mac version (lo or hi - workupload or mega) at all. Hangs on verifying game application. Never had this issue with previous games, so not sure. Will wait for the dust to settle...
It opened for me, but then fails at the first save point because the dev has chosen to ignore the Mac save bug for yet another build. Yes you can fix it by going into the console and giving the app special permission to save in a place it should not be trying to save. But screw that... if you can't write the app to save in legitimate locations then I don't need to support it or play it. Oh well, there are other games out there that don't have this problem... like pretty much all of them.

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hopefully this latest build will fix the issues some of you were having with the game not booting up correctly as well as certain AV programs flagging the files due to the Full-Screen plugin I was using.

-Boom

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
Well - the Mac version now boots up fine. Got part way into the game and when the maid introduces "premium service" it locks up during the service - cannot advance at all at that point. Had to close without a save possible yet.

Still - looking really good for a start. Is this kind of going the way of Holiday Island?

TNT3

Sep 1, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'danielle_help_03_kitchen_repeat'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "danielle_talk.rpyc", line 136, in script
  File "C:\Users\tnt3tnt\Downloads\The_Senior-0.1.4a-win\renpy\ast.py", line 1552, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "C:\Users\tnt3tnt\Downloads\The_Senior-0.1.4a-win\renpy\script.py", line 861, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'danielle_help_03_kitchen_repeat'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
 0.1.4a

great game keep up the good work

4.60 star(s) 20 Votes