4.60 star(s) 20 Votes

Doublefrost

Jun 29, 2017
So... I'm not bothering to read every page of the comments but I see the first couple pages complaining about portability because it's not in Ren'py... Uh, this is made in MV so it doesn't seem that complicated to me.

1. Go to the game folder

2. Go into the www subdirectory

3. Open the index.html file

4. Play it in your web browser.

Not perfect but you CAN run it at a minimum. Helps if you put your browser tab in full screen for it.

Reactions: Boom's Attic Games

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
Hi all, I'll try and cover all the questions / comments in this one post.

Loved your old game and love this aswell. But why oh why is it rpgm again? Its my only gripe its a clunky buggy engine. Honestly tho loving this so far.
Hi Major Wanker <-- Love it

I'm happy to hear you liked my old game, hopefully you'll continue to like the work Dr.Smith is working on also.

Regarding building it on RPGMV I've had several years of experience with the engine and it's what I'm most comfortable using, I personally like to use a engine that is UI based instead of code based.

I did try my hand at Renpy but it's been a long time since I've worked with code and I was just getting confused / making mistakes and bugs.

Maybe later down the line I'll try it again and have better success.

Wow, a whole month for this update and not one additional content
Boomatica, good job sarcasm
This build was released over 20 days ago, sorry you had to wait so long for it.
This build was focused on the UI, implemented the apps and generally improving the movement in game.

dude... make the maid look young plz! like 25yo!
The maid will be staying mature I'm afraid to say, however at some point in the next couple of builds you'll be able to do more things with the builder so hopefully she'll tickle your fancy.

HQ Mega download hit positive on Windows Defender for a trojan in game.exe. Nopy download did, too.
same thing here, game wont play because of it
Virus warning from Defender, there is something in the game.exe with this game . all others have no issues.
I also got the virus warning. Game.exe. Is it a virus or not? Why is this happening?
At least one game launcher has been detected as Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.A by Windows Defender before this one.
The possible reason is that the launcher is trying to access system information to adjust resolution and/or movie quality:

McAfee isn't an authority I would take very seriously :rolleyes: ( )

The others may be just following MS's example.
When I tried to exclude the specific file game.exe in Windows Defender, I got a message saying this file couldn't be excluded because it contains a virus lol.

To get this to run on my PC, I downloaded the zip file, put the zip file in a NEW FOLDER and named it [whatever], then excluded that entire folder. Don't unzip the file until after you've excluded the folder you've put it into. Worked just fine after that.

Go to Start > Settings > Updates & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Virus & threat protection settings > Add or remove exclusions > Add your recently created new folder where you've placed the ZIP file.
Microsoft security essentials apparently treats this game's files as malware...
i ran it with malwarebytes and had no issues
edit: also fine with adaware
No issues with Eset Internet security.
Not sure if OSX is having a security issue, but cannot open a Mac version (lo or hi - workupload or mega) at all. Hangs on verifying game application. Never had this issue with previous games, so not sure. Will wait for the dust to settle...
Hi its not working on mac mid 2014.
So... I'm not bothering to read every page of the comments but I see the first couple pages complaining about portability because it's not in Ren'py... Uh, this is made in MV so it doesn't seem that complicated to me.

1. Go to the game folder

2. Go into the www subdirectory

3. Open the index.html file

4. Play it in your web browser.

Not perfect but you CAN run it at a minimum. Helps if you put your browser tab in full screen for it.
Hi,

we had a report of a possible virus in the exe of the game.
Here is the link at virus total:

It is actually recognized by 6 antivirus on 66. It is obliviously up to you decide if download it or not but we believe that it is a false positive.
Hi all, this build was released over 20 days ago and this is the first I'm hearing about this issue so I do apologies that this hasn't been fixed yet.

From what I can tell it's only being flagged by certain anti virus programs.
I'm using Avast and nothing was detected when I exported the game / ran it.
I downloaded McAfee and it found a virus but lets be serious here, this program shouldn't be on anyone's computer anyway.
I just used Windows defender and it flagged the .exe

The only thing I can think of is that I used a new plugin in this build which forces the game to run in fullscreen as I've just exported the build again without it and windows defender found nothing.

There is always the chance that the .exe could have been infected and if this is true then I'm sorry.

I'll get back to you all when I've found the direct cause.

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
Regarding the "Virus Detection Issue"
Okay I believe I've found the issue.

I used the "Full screen" plugin in the build before this one and no issues were found.
However in this build I changed the settings in the plugin to automatically start the game in Fullscreen when booted up.

Doing this causes the launcher to access system information "Only your screen resolution size" to adjust the game window to your resolution on start up.
This is causing certain anti virus programs to flag it as a virus as it's trying to access information :
"Only your screen resolution size"
Which these certain anti virus programs don't believe that the .exe should need.

I've turned off the force fullscreen start and the .exe is running with no problems.
It just means that in the next build the game will start in window mode and you'll just have to go into the settings and toggle fullscreen.

Sorry for this issue.

Ps. Thank you @Penfold Mole, your comment made it easier to find the issue.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
However in this build I changed the settings in the plugin to automatically start the game in Fullscreen when booted up.

Doing this causes the launcher to access system information "Only your screen resolution size" to adjust the game window to your resolution on start up.
This is causing certain anti virus programs to flag it as a virus as it's trying to access information :
Which these certain anti virus programs don't believe that the .exe should need.
Just like that game on the Steam forum thread, exactly as I thought. Kinda dumb thing to do by these AV's, IMHO. But none of those AV's have ever been top of the line products, anyway.
It's nice that you could confirm it.

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
Just started and was surprised at how long the intro really is so I clicked through a lot of the screens and will have to replay to get what I missed. I don't generally like RPGM games but this one is very different. During the intro I was unable to use the standard right-click to bring up game menu. Not sure how you were able to give it the feel of a Renpy or Unity game but I'm impressed. One reason I even decided to download the game was because @Boomatica is the dev and he is very active on the f95 forums. I can't really speak to game play yet though so will have to get back at it. Should be a very interesting game though.

Sendero

Mar 21, 2018
Thanks for sorting it out, in one way I am glad it was the full screen forcing as I do not like to be forced in full screen with a 4K monitor on a 3840 x 2160 resolution :)

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
IMO there should be an explanation with big fonts in first page which telling that this RPGM game is very different than other regular RPGM games and very close to Ren'Py style. So that people who doesn't know RIC and Boomatica may have a better, more positive idea about the game.

kookieman12

Nov 18, 2017
Regarding the "Virus Detection Issue"
Okay I believe I've found the issue.

I used the "Full screen" plugin in the build before this one and no issues were found.

I've turned off the force fullscreen start and the .exe is running with no problems.
It just means that in the next build the game will start in window mode and you'll just have to go into the settings and toggle fullscreen.

Sorry for this issue.

Ps. Thank you @Penfold Mole, your comment made it easier to find the issue.
Thank you for resolving the issue! Please add more content to the game, it's a nice story and I'm liking all the characters except the maid.

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
Just started and was surprised at how long the intro really is so I clicked through a lot of the screens and will have to replay to get what I missed. I don't generally like RPGM games but this one is very different. During the intro I was unable to use the standard right-click to bring up game menu. Not sure how you were able to give it the feel of a Renpy or Unity game but I'm impressed. One reason I even decided to download the game was because @Boomatica is the dev and he is very active on the f95 forums. I can't really speak to game play yet though
Have a question before I get too far into this. There is a screen that comes up where you enter a name/relationship. I chose to put a name but it seems like it should be a relationship from the feel of the next few screens.

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
Just started and was surprised at how long the intro really is so I clicked through a lot of the screens and will have to replay to get what I missed. I don't generally like RPGM games but this one is very different. During the intro I was unable to use the standard right-click to bring up game menu. Not sure how you were able to give it the feel of a Renpy or Unity game but I'm impressed. One reason I even decided to download the game was because @Boomatica is the dev and he is very active on the f95 forums. I can't really speak to game play yet though so will have to get back at it. Should be a very interesting game though.

Have a question before I get too far into this. There is a screen that comes up where you enter a name/relationship. I chose to put a name but it seems like it should be a relationship from the feel of the next few screens.
Hi Ut1stagear

To answer your question regarding the right click, this is standard during an event in RPGMV.
I am looking into a way to make it possible to open the menu during an events but it may not be possible.

In the next update "Right Click" will actually hide the dialog box as this feature has been requested a lot.

That screen will be slightly modified in the next update to hint at the player to enter a "relationship"
This is due to patreons new TOS so this is the only way I'm able to implement "Nicest" content without patches and all that hassle.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thanks for sorting it out, in one way I am glad it was the full screen forcing as I do not like to be forced in full screen with a 4K monitor on a 3840 x 2160 resolution :)
I never actually thought about that... the renders must look very blurry at that resolution.
Maybe it was a good thing this bug appeared.

IMO there should be an explanation with big fonts in first page which telling that this RPGM game is very different than other regular RPGM games and very close to Ren'Py style. So that people who doesn't know RIC and Boomatica may have a better, more positive idea about the game.
@muttdoggy
Don't suppose you could add a couple of "Screen shots" to the main thread.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thank you for resolving the issue! Please add more content to the game, it's a nice story and I'm liking all the characters except the maid.
I'm glad you're liking the game thus far.
Development is slow due to rendering, I wasn't expecting the images to take so long when I started this project.
I'm used to getting out around 30-50 images a day with my last project but this one.... very different.

Some of you may be interested in reading this, some of you may not.

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
thx for the reply. I d/l the hq version and get the first nicest option but for some reason it doesn't give the 2nd one. I am going to d/l the lq version to see if that helps with that. Could be my old laptop.

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
thx for the reply. I d/l the hq version and get the first nicest option but for some reason it doesn't give the 2nd one. I am going to d/l the lq version to see if that helps with that. Could be my old laptop.
The second question / name box will display 7 days after the first.
You'll get a call from your "Sis"

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
The second question / name box will display 7 days after the first.
You'll get a call from your "Sis"
Thx and I like the LQ version better, faster transitions. Relating to bringing up the menu during an event it is possible. @MikeMasters did it with "College Life" but you have to use the S key and IMO it doesn't work well so I don't use it.

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
I like the game, it looks pretty good. Nice changes to the UI.
I have one question: How do I improve the corruption level?
All the Ladies have Affection 100.

*Facepalm* Found it out (Click on the Picture to start event)

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
I like the game, it looks pretty good. Nice changes to the UI.
I have one question: How do I improve the corruption level?
All the Ladies have Affection 100.

*Facepalm* Found it out (Click on the Picture to start event)
I'm glad you found it ^^

I did have a little tutorial button on the UI but removed it for this build due to the UI changes.
I'll be sure to update it and implement it again for the next build.

Raperonzolo

Jul 6, 2017
I agree.
I usually bypass RPGM games, because I hate moving in that top down pixelized view

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
May have a bug. When you try to save it doesn't matter what slot you use it saves to all slots so mo matter which save you load it's the same. BTW I was wondering if we could borrow Belle for a while. Got the money for the pool and boom Belle built it instantly. Need more construction people like her in this world. lol Also Is the MC you since he used to work on modeling for game devs. Finally is this an adult game about conquering women or the MC giving family advice on letting children make their own mistakes and just give them good guidance.
Edit:NVM about the saves I think I figured it out. It seems thatslot 1 is where the autosave goes so you need to use other slots to save game at different days and times.

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
Guess you need to put Belle back to work cause everything is "Under Construction" now. Come to think of it Belle was so busy she didn't have time to take her clothes off yet, Hmm I wonder. Let's see Mom and Sis are stuck in cyber space or in a hotel on their way to the new home. Great start even with the long intro.

Draconian_One

May 29, 2018
I just came across this game today and it looks really interesting. I did hit the virus issue like some others did. I got multiple hits when I unzipped the download from MEGA. In the interest of paranoia I think I'll just wait for the next release. Something to look forward to.

4.60 star(s) 20 Votes