Grakaron

Jan 24, 2018
Wonder how much it would cost to get this running again. As he points out on the patreon "There is always the possibility of returning to work on the project in the future if things change, but for now that is not the path we are going to take for the reasons aforementioned." It just makes me sad that such a good project was screwed so early.

johndoe1545

Resident Head-Patters
Donor
May 5, 2017
Wonder how much it would cost to get this running again. As he points out on the patreon "There is always the possibility of returning to work on the project in the future if things change, but for now that is not the path we are going to take for the reasons aforementioned." It just makes me sad that such a good project was screwed so early.
its patreon who fuck them... their policy of charging make those people cheating with the policy...

e.g: when you apply for top tier stuff, it did not charge you upfront first before letting you to access patreon post... those people do that, get the link, leak it then cancel their patreon...

dev have seen this pattern quite some time and patreon management is doing ntg... scarlettann art does not come cheap by the way... with fluctuating income like that he decided to stop it until a stable fanbase is set or management do something about their payment

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
dev have seen this pattern quite some time and patreon management is doing ntg...
Patreon tried to solve the pay-up-front issue by charging every pledge individually instead of processing every pledge at the beginning of the month, but the internet jumped all the way up their butt because it would increase the transaction fees paid by Patrons.

Hopefully Patreon will roll out some kind of a prorated pledge solution in the next couple of months so the fake pledging problem decreases.

Either way, there are still many Patreon campaigns making good money on the current system, the loss to fake pledges is a constant factor but not a dealbreaker. This project just failed to attract a sustainable audience, that's just how it goes sometimes.

Grakaron

Jan 24, 2018
its patreon who fuck them... their policy of charging make those people cheating with the policy...

e.g: when you apply for top tier stuff, it did not charge you upfront first before letting you to access patreon post... those people do that, get the link, leak it then cancel their patreon...

dev have seen this pattern quite some time and patreon management is doing ntg... scarlettann art does not come cheap by the way... with fluctuating income like that he decided to stop it until a stable fanbase is set or management do something about their payment
I just would be willing to fund it more, was paying 10, honestly really liked the story and the potential it had. Also anything by ScarlettAnn is a big win right away

Grakaron

Jan 24, 2018
Your last point hit the nail on the head. If I did the entire project in Daz3d instead of 2d art it would have been sustainable. But then everyone wouldn't have been able to enjoy ScarlettAnn's awesome art. Maybe I didn't do as good of a job as I could have marketing the game but I certainly tried. I also wonder if it didn't have a chance to thrive due to potential retooling of Patreon's search parameters after they "banned" the various types of things, which most important to this game, was anything related to incest.

I had a lot of fun working on the game and it was going to be a lot of fun showing everyone the beginning of the main story (between the mom and son). Maybe someone else will pick up the mantle?
What would it take to do so, IE pick up the mantle? Or honestly what would it take for you to reactivate the project? I know a few people have posted they are willing to fund the project way above the usually 10-20 bucks here or there, bt are just curious how mch funds are needed to make it viable.

polisummer

Game Developer
Jul 25, 2017
My own android apk was in the pipeline before the patreon tanked. If anyone wants to revive the project, they just need the budget to maintain the art costs and directing. They should contact Omega (@miek) if they are serious.

polisummer

Game Developer
Jul 25, 2017
I'm still wanting to fund this, supposedly there's a few people on here wanting to get this across the finish line with more substantial funds, not sure whats going on.
The one guy who contacted us about it just wanted to take all of the game assets and code that wasn't released anywhere. He had no money and wasn't trying to fund the game's development.

Grakaron

Jan 24, 2018
The one guy who contacted us about it just wanted to take all of the game assets and code that wasn't released anywhere. He had no money and wasn't trying to fund the game's development.
That really sucks, I didn't realize it was like that thought they were actually wanting to fund the game.

If a few people band together with you and can provide funding on a consistent basis to reach the levels we discussed in PMs then I will reach out to ScarlettAnn and see if she would be willing.
Well open call to anyone on here, i put 300-400$ down on the game, anyone else interested? I wish Patreon wasn't such a piece of shit with funding.

luvahkiutee

Mar 5, 2018
That really sucks, I didn't realize it was like that thought they were actually wanting to fund the game.

Well open call to anyone on here, i put 300-400$ down on the game, anyone else interested? I wish Patreon wasn't such a piece of shit with funding.
Any idea on the ballpark for what's needed to fund? I might be interested in helping out as well, but my financial capabilities aren't that big atm.

Reactions: Roman DeVil
3.90 star(s) 107 Votes