VN Ren'Py Abandoned Power of the Dragon [v0.02] [Janeszi]

TheMann421

May 13, 2017
Dang, people in here are brutal. Yet they wonder why good games get abandoned, and this site gets filled with 0.1 releases.

This game has huge potential, and the current content is great as it is, will definitely check back in the future for new updates.

Suggestions:
- Disable places that don't have any content in this version.
- Provide some sort of quest log or anything to tell you where you are at. I spent the first week doing nothing because I didn't know I had to talk to the asian guy in the classroom.
- After said quests, provide more information on what needs to be done next.

A lot of newer games have an issue where it is impossible to tell where the current version ends, which usually leads to people giving up and assuming they hit the end when they missed a whole bunch. It's okay if your final version takes a month to complete, but events shouldn't be spread out so far in development, or at least should have some sort of indication of when things should be happening.

bomg

May 16, 2017
Seriously, if there's areas with nothing either don't add those areas or disable them because there's nothing to do there

Reactions: hughmungusboi69
R

R45X9XBozl1NGHYnAnU5

Seriously, if there's areas with nothing either don't add those areas or disable them because there's nothing to do there
I think the dev just wanted to show he's done something.

secrecy

May 1, 2017
After a very good start, 0.02 update had almost zero content -really, for those pair of uninspired scenes could be better let pass the month-, and 0.03 still don´t released 10 days after announced date.

I have the bad feeling that POD is near cancellation. Maybe developer surprise me because he is about to reléase a great update with lot of content so that explains the delays and lack of content, but at this moment I doubt about that. Would be a pity because game had a lot of potential.

4Finger

Engaged Member
Nov 24, 2016
From Patreon Site:
Release Dates of 0.03 version:
-(Early Access) 10$ or above Patron can access on September 22.
- 5$ Patrons can access the game on September 27.
- 1$ Patrons can access the game on October 2.
- Public release October 22.

R

R45X9XBozl1NGHYnAnU5

From Patreon Site:
Release Dates of 0.03 version:
-(Early Access) 10$ or above Patron can access on September 22.
- 5$ Patrons can access the game on September 27.
- 1$ Patrons can access the game on October 2.
- Public release October 22.
The game is abandoned. Dev thought it's super easy making Patreon money.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
The game is abandoned. Dev thought it's super easy making Patreon money.
Proof of this other than the fact you can't go more than a day without an update from the dev and more than a week for a release. not everyone can devote 100% of time to something like this.... and here you just want to say oh it's abandoned... just because you can and you think you know everything. RELAX! play something else if you don't want to do anything with this then don't no one is holding a gun to your head telling you that you must play this game.

R

R45X9XBozl1NGHYnAnU5

Proof of this other than the fact you can't go more than a day without an update from the dev and more than a week for a release. not everyone can devote 100% of time to something like this.... and here you just want to say oh it's abandoned... just because you can and you think you know everything. RELAX! play something else if you don't want to do anything with this then don't no one is holding a gun to your head telling you that you must play this game.
He literally stops releasing. What's wrong calling it abandoned?

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
He literally stops releasing. What's wrong calling it abandoned?
so how long do you wait? 1 day? 2 days? 1 week? 2 weeks? 1 Month? last post was Sept 15th. there are a multitude of reasons for the dev to not post or release content. at 1.5 months or so I would not say it's abandoned just yet. in the gift reloaded, that dev took a break for personal reasons, only giving a tenuous i will post in december to tell you what is going on and that is why that was listed as abandoned so fast, we were looking at 2 months just to hear a status update. people have gone longer with no contact and the game was not abandoned. you are correct *IF* the dev did stop it would be abandoned, but we do not have the time frame yet to make that assumption or anything that says the assumption might be true.

R

R45X9XBozl1NGHYnAnU5

so how long do you wait? 1 day? 2 days? 1 week? 2 weeks? 1 Month? last post was Sept 15th. there are a multitude of reasons for the dev to not post or release content. at 1.5 months or so I would not say it's abandoned just yet. in the gift reloaded, that dev took a break for personal reasons, only giving a tenuous i will post in december to tell you what is going on and that is why that was listed as abandoned so fast, we were looking at 2 months just to hear a status update. people have gone longer with no contact and the game was not abandoned. you are correct *IF* the dev did stop it would be abandoned, but we do not have the time frame yet to make that assumption or anything that says the assumption might be true.
He put on a date. Nothing was released on that date. No excuses. No explanations. No announcement. Dev thought it was easy to make Patreon money. Turns out it's not, especially when your game is not very good. That simple.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
He put on a date. Nothing was released on that date. No excuses. No explanations. No announcement. Dev thought it was easy to make Patreon money. Turns out it's not, especially when your game is not very good. That simple.
Again you are making statements you can not back up without saying it is YOUR not so well informed opinion. (well it is your opinion, but you make it sound like you have inside information. did the dev put a date? did you go to the dev's house the next day? sure the public release was 7 days after the post. hey that means it's even LESS time since a known communication (by a week). you are looking more and more foolish, but keep spouting what ever you feel are the facts, the real facts are not uncovered yet. I am not saying you are wrong, I am just saying you are making assumptions with no information.

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
Game has potential but is being marred by the slow updates and thus far almost nil content and this game has been out awhile.

This dev needs to piss or get off the pot..

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
Well - was looking through older games with no action on my system and checked against this one and - lo and behold! - post on Patreon today about releases 3,4 and 5. Not a patron so why link the post, but thought that at least there is life here...

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
Lmao that is funny that this dude is trying to update this pretty much forgotten and buried game.

krys69

Sep 6, 2017
Hmm if we had someone who is a patreo of his than maybe they would have given us more info on this "

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
I agree this game should be tagged as abandoned as there has been ZERO updates or anything for almost a whole year.