[Poll] What is your preferred age for male protagonists to play as in adult games?

What is the age range of your ideal male protagonist when playing adult games?

• 18 exactly

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • "18"(i.e., shota)

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • College Age(19-24)

Votes: 47 42.3%
  • Young Adult(25-29)

Votes: 57 51.4%
  • 30-39

Votes: 32 28.8%
  • Early middle age(40-49)

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • Late middle age(50-59)

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • 60+

Votes: 6 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
High school/suburban setting: high school girls, teachers and moms
College: college coeds and professors

Usually above that age range there's some kind of workplace involved as one of the primary places to meet potential love interests. Once you get into the "dad" age range, ironically, you're back to the college/high school/suburban environment.

Interestingly, not a lot of games revolve around using online dating services...

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
+60 male protag, I even had an idea for a game:

+60 male in an old folks home with young female nurses. Normally the nurses wouldn't do anything sexually with him or even give him the time of day because it's usual NHS treatments, BUT THEN....there is a massive plot twist and he finds the nurses suddenly sexually available to him as a harem when he obtains health insurance with BUPA.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I have a pretty wide range that I like. Basically anything from 18 to the 30-40 range. I would say overall though, my preference ranges from college age to shortly after college. No interest in playing a kid or an old fogey.

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
I think that a 30-something MC is actually ideal. Its not unrealistic for him to date really any women from typical college age through 40-something.
Absolutely. And he doesn't normally fall over and faint when he sees a woman actually has boobs. When you're 18 you don't know these things. Like he was born when the game started. :)

Reactions: Loganfin

dmmt

May 8, 2020
+60 male protag, I even had an idea for a game:

+60 male in an old folks home with young female nurses. Normally the nurses wouldn't do anything sexually with him or even give him the time of day because it's usual NHS treatments, BUT THEN....there is a massive plot twist and he finds the nurses suddenly sexually available to him as a harem when he obtains health insurance with BUPA.

How about the old guy (68-ish??) at the Nursing home gets taken out for lunch by his grandniece (a 20-ish CNA at that same nursing home) on a Saturday, and on a lark the old fart buys a lottery ticket....and wins.

Gozer

May 16, 2017
I'd say "18"-45. 45 being a little higher for my tastes but it'll give us something to root for when it's the MC and the stories well written.

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
I'd say "18"-45. 45 being a little higher for my tastes but it'll give us something to root for when it's the MC and the stories well written.
As someone in my 40s myself, I part laugh and part cringe when I see characters my age (or younger!) drawn/rendered in games that look like they're 65-70 years old. I'm guessing its mostly due to the dev being younger and having that perception, lol. Covered in wrinkles, balding, liver spots, the works.

When a game gets it closer to right, I want to give the dev a high five :)

Reactions: dmmt

Hagatagar

Oct 11, 2019
My answer would be "none of them", because I don't self insert in games, as I usually roleplay or if roleplaying isn't really possible spectate.
That's why in my opionion the MC's age is/should be decided by the story.
Furthermore I don't pick my games depending on the MC's age, but (mainly) for the visuals and the story.

If the story demands a 45 year old, so be it.
He has to be a college student? That's the right age then.

Carrera

Jun 25, 2017
Depends on the story and it's setting. I have no preference. If the age fits the story then I'm good with it.

dacris69

M, TI
Donor
Nov 20, 2017
I prefer 35-40 but as long as the dude is intelligent and mature for his age, even below 25 are ok.

Reactions: Loganfin

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
Why was this poll closed? It only has 111 votes. Had you left it open, we'd probably have over 1000 votes by now and it would've helped provide some valuable information.

I'm going to re-make this poll. I know, I know, troll me if you want, hahah.