VN - Unity - Onhold - PMC: Private Military Cuties [v0.1 Teaser] [Oper4tor]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Ai Shoujo Fan

This game is interesting, so I will give it four stars. But it is also a disappointing game for the reasons I will mention. And I do feel like giving it a lower rating of three stars because there was only one release in 10 months. But I'll just cross my fingers that the developer will keep his promise and work on it more.

[Feedback] So if you choose to play this game in windowed mode, and then you reach the end of the game and start a new game, it switches to fullscreen. It pains me that so many Unity and Unreal Engine developers make games like that. Settings like windowed or fullscreen, window size, volume level, etc. should be persistent and not change on New Game or a restart of the game.

[Feedback] Unity of course is a better engine than Renpy because it doesn't limit you like Renpy does. Two frame movies in Renpy can be really laggy, but not in Unity. You can do a 3D first person controller movement in Unity, but not in Renpy. But in this case, it was a supremely dumb move to use Unity instead of Renpy. Why? Because it's just 3DCG renders and there are dozens of ways Renpy would have made this a better game. Renpy lets you do rollback. Renpy lets you skip text faster when necessary instead of spam tapping mouse clicks or spacebar which is slow, tedious, and exhausting. Renpy has a better and easier Save system where you can just quickly right-click the screen and be presented with six save slots, and like 50 pages of save slots. Renpy has .rpy files you can add that let you make transparent textboxes. Renpy has a ton more settings than just windowed or fullscreen. The developer says he is more familiar with programming code in Unity, but RenPy is actually way easier to use and learn.

[Feedback] Even though I like being presented with a lot of options that can influence my relationships, events, and what scenes I see, this game makes it too difficult to know see all the different paths. And the save, load save is more difficult to access. And there is no rollback. And no walkthrough or hints. So this is another reason why I wish this game had used Renpy instead.

[Feedback] I am glad that the developer is still working on this and that there might be an update in April, but it is also disappointing that there was only one small v0.1 Teaser in 10 months. Talk about slow development.

I saw some comments about how this game is misleading because there is no loli. Uhm, that's not true. There is an albino girl that is undoubtedly a loli. There is also a non-loli, young, innocent, blushing little sister too.

Overall, it's a good game, but I wish it would get worked on more and I wish that it had used Renpy instead.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

jonteboy

It's a relatively interesting plot and setting which I'm personally not quite familiar with (save for "Tessa"). Feels abit contrived without any other "important" males except yourself and the Doc, but it might get explained further in the story I would assume (tasks/missions they do require it or maybe just been introduced to the main cast)

story is kinda fastpaced, but that might just be because it's a sneakpeek, I assume it'll be worked on, to let us get to know more about the characters eventually at a steadier pace. MC seems like your average bumbling idiot, but might pull a Jason Brody on us and turn out great, too early to tell but I'm hopeful

The inclusion of skillpoints is interesting, tried a few runs and it was interesting to see how it affected the story differently. Might work out if a NG+ is added where you retain all your earned skillpoints for a new run

Models and environment could do with a bit more work, but that might just be my bias after coming from titles like "Light of my Life" that make imperfect models in a good way

Overall I'll probably bump up my score once we get more from it and some polish is done. Looking forward to seeing how it'll turn out eventually