Unreal Engine Abandoned Pleasant Bunker [20.07.2018] [WeezThePirat]

WaltS

Si vis pacem para bellum
Donor
Apr 4, 2018
Decided to give this a try. I understand it's an Alpha basically but even then it proved to be unplayable. Maxed out all the CPU cores but didn't even provide me w/ a slideshow, much less fluid gameplay. So gave up on it after needing > 5 mins to just get to the bar and start talking to the girl.

Understand this is because of the Unreal Engine. However are you really intending to stay w/ it? I fear you might be excluding a lot of potential players / customers by using a rather CPU-hungry engine. Jus' sayin' - my .02's worth.

Peace :)

Oh - and light green lettering on a light background? Makes the keyboard layout difficult to read.

WeezThePirat

Game Developer
Jul 20, 2018
Understand this is because of the Unreal Engine.
I'm using x955 (30$ worth, old CPU) and 8GB of RAM and it provides me more than 30 FPS. Can you send me your PC spec or just GPU brand? It might be problem with Radeon or there might be something wrong with your rig.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
no problem with radeon on my side.

i turn it on i3 530, CFX HD5770 and 16g ram.

maybe i m uncorrect, but i think UE can be set by default with F1,F2,F3 and F4 for various settings :/

i run it at 20fps or something.. its a bit laggy, but playable. well, "playable" in a term of running it, because i dont know what i m suppsoed to do.. i talk with girl, try all dials options etc.. started sex but i dont know how to interact in sex scene, they just stay stand in front each otehr without moving.. i dont know. i mean, i got it to move "into" her, but thats it ... i m lost lol

also i dont get exactly how to grab things.
when i press E , i grab something, but it instantly fall like if i just push it instead of grabbing it.
if i hold E its exact same result.

also for who want to laugh a bit .... when you are in sex position, grab the girl arm/shoulder and turn around. it make the girl move a bit, but if you insist and do it again and again, the girl get completly fucked up and keep some weird position whens he try to get back to the original position.
i get a nice DAB sex pose XD.
that also twist like hell the MC penis XD

WeezThePirat

Game Developer
Jul 20, 2018
i mean, i got it to move "into" her, but thats it ... i m lost lol
That's it for this build actually ^^ As i said multiple times, this is very early build which includes moving, dialog system and basic physics scenes. I posted it for two reasons. I wanna to show how project is growing and wanted to get some feedback/bug reports/suggestions etc.
if i hold E its exact same result.
Will look into it and do what i can to fix it in next patch. For now i don't know why it happens to you, didn't managed to reproduce it by myself.
[...]\when you are in sex position, grab the girl arm/shoulder and turn around.[...]
So you can grab her shoulder but cannot grab other things?

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
That's it for this build actually ^^ As i said multiple times, this is very early build which includes moving, dialog system and basic physics scenes. I posted it for two reasons. I wanna to show how project is growing and wanted to get some feedback/bug reports/suggestions etc.

Will look into it and do what i can to fix it in next patch. For now i don't know why it happens to you, didn't managed to reproduce it by myself.

So you can grab her shoulder but cannot grab other things?
i tryed grabing legs but cant. i can grab her arms, but it slip or somthing ( same bug as when i try to grab a item)

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
There's nothing to feedback, to be brutally honest. This isn't a game, it's a scene and a short one at that.

You should definitely carry on with it but we need more to work with to have any opinion on it or feedback in a useful way.

Reactions: Kater
Aug 30, 2018
View attachment 126263

Overview:
After government has declared a state of emergency, few citizens of a small village have sheltered in a hidden in woods bunker. Situation outside and reason of all this chaos is unknown.
We need to find out whats going on.​

Updated: 20.07.2018
Developer/Publisher:
Censorship: No
Version: 20.07-2018
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:

Download: - - -

Good, Shelters are fun How about a Fallout Mod?

Reactions: Cirro84

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
No.
We need 3 months of complete inactivity by the developer to consider it abandoned. Unless the developer states they have abandoned the game.

Th3DEAD

Jul 10, 2017
Even if his patreon was closed ? I mean that's why i've ask the title change. But if 3 months is required, let's hope he return.

WeezThePirat

Game Developer
Jul 20, 2018
Yes, you can change the title, sorry guys. You deserve an explanation.
The reason why I released such early build was because my GPU just died (not completely, but it's even hard to play an old games on lowest settings so just imagine developing with this...) so i had 2 options.
1st was to release what i have and pray to earn enough to fix my rig with it.
2nd to just abandon it and forget.
Im living alone and barley can afford living costs so i just can't save enough for new parts cuz new (average) GPU in my country is equal of month of work (new RTX = like over 3 full salaries). I shut down Patreon to not bait anyone.
I switched on mobile games (as hobby, just like this project when it started). Maybe someday I'll come back. Maybe with this or something even better. But today I need to step aside.
Sorry for any charm or disappointment that I caused.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
hm, that was some shit happening stuff with no luck :/

the idea of the game was good and with time and learning knowledge , could have been a nice game.. but.. well... shit happen :/

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
Take your time, seriously. The concept is great. But maybe choose Unity engine, it's not such a ress hog. Always wanted a bunker game with a small population to pop. :/ I'd even spend a tray of Nuka Cola on this.

watacata

May 28, 2017
Take your time, seriously. The concept is great. But maybe choose Unity engine, it's not such a ress hog. Always wanted a bunker game with a small population to pop. :/ I'd even spend a tray of Nuka Cola on this.
Dev on other account here.
Engine is not a problem. In this case its right opposite, Unreal gave me chance to achieve something since i'm not programmer and UE has its brilliant blueprint system.
The first problem - it would take few months of work to make first good release with complete location, few NPCs and basic gameplay. Beginning is always the hardest part especially when you are not doing another asset flip. So we have few months of hard work (on game + proper job for food and life) and at the end it's coin flip if it was worth it or not. I decided to spend my time and effort on something more reliable. Maybe, but only maybe I will comeback one day.

Reactions: Cirro84