• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Tool RPGM HTML Ren'Py Flash Play RPG Maker XP/VX/VX Ace/MV/MZ, Ren'Py, HTML, TyranoBuilder, Adobe Flash, Construct 2 & 3, NScripter, Twine, VN Maker on Android using JoiPlay

pyr0w

Feb 19, 2018
*Sigh, another developer that leaves the built-in telemetry *COUGH* Google Spyware *COUGH* enabled, with no way to disable it.

Sorry, but ALL call-home and telemetry needs to be optional. Your "App Insights" are not more important than user privacy.

And the "3rd party" app insights are insidious. You can't even disconnect from the network while using the app to prevent them. They simply get stored so they can be sent when you eventually reconnect...

I love the idea of this app, but my Ren'Py usage is something I have NO intention of being aggregated into Googles adversarial "Marketing" data.

Pass for now.

Machiavel

Sep 2, 2020
*Sigh, another developer that leaves the built-in telemetry *COUGH* Google Spyware *COUGH* enabled, with no way to disable it.

Sorry, but ALL call-home and telemetry needs to be optional. Your "App Insights" are not more important than user privacy.

And the "3rd party" app insights are insidious. You can't even disconnect from the network while using the app to prevent them. They simply get stored so they can be sent when you eventually reconnect...

I love the idea of this app, but my Ren'Py usage is something I have NO intention of being aggregated into Googles adversarial "Marketing" data.

Pass for now.
Man, if you have a smartphone, iphone, computer, or exist online in any way (games platforms, social network....) you can be SURE they already have all the necessary data about who you are. They litterally make their money buying and selling databases, all of them. At least, telemetry is anonymous and solely related to hardware performances. Dis you ever accepted all cookies? Did you ever agreed to a eula or tos ? If yes, you're already filed and catalogued. Open your eyes.

Machiavel

Sep 2, 2020
Joiplay is out:

JoiPlay 1.20.021:
Implemented "Downscale Large Bitmaps" feature for RPG Maker MZ games.
Added support for reading patches.json file from game folder.
Improved support for Construct 2 games.
Fixed a theming bug that makes JoiPlay gets stuck in the system theme.
Fixed wrong switch state bug in settings dialog.
Fixed crashes caused by online patches with invalid regexes.

RPG Maker Plugin 1.20.24:
Added support for reading patches.json file from game folder.
Updated dependencies.

Ren'Py Plugin 8.0.3_7.5.3_009:
Merged pull request #4090 from Ren'Py.

Ruffle Plugin 1.00.06:
Updated Ruffle and dependencies.

adam20190514

Dec 17, 2018
New Updates

Hi everyone! I hope you are all safe and sound. As some of you know, a few days ago Turkey and Syria are hit by two devastating earthquakes. I express my condolences to who loss their life and my sympathies to whom affected by the disaster.

This update brings some new QOL improvements to JoiPlay and performance improvements to RPG Maker Plugin. Also, there are many changes that improve stability and compatibility. Please check the changelog below to see the changes.

Changelog for JoiPlay 1.20.021
* Implemented "Downscale Large Bitmaps" feature for RPG Maker MZ games.
* Added support for reading patches.json file from game folder.
* Improved support for Construct 2 games.
* Fixed a theming bug that makes JoiPlay gets stuck in the system theme.
* Fixed wrong switch state bug in settings dialog.
* Fixed crashes caused by online patches with invalid regexes.
* Made some changes to improve launcher performance.
* Made a change to allow ignoring errors during archive extraction.
* Improved game detection for "Import Archive File" option.
* Updated third-party dependencies.
* Added an option to change launcher layout. Grid (Large), Grid (Small) and List layouts are supported at the moment.
* Added "Import Archive File" option. It can be used to directly import games without manually extracting them first. ZIP, RAR, 7Z, TAR, GZ, BZ2, XZ archives are supported but encrypted archive support is limited to ZIP archives, other encrypted archives aren't supported.
* Added "Settings" option to game menu. It can be used to change engine-specific settings for the selected game.
* Adjusted theme colors for Android 12 and above.
* Fixed mkxp-z game detection.
* Fixed crashes that happen while searching icons, choosing files/folders on Android 13 and sorting games.
* Made changes required for NScripter games. (experimental)
* Moved floating action buttons to action bar.
* Removed sorting button from top bar and implemented a new dialog to sort/filter/search games. A new floating action button added to launcher for opening the dialog.
* Added switch button to virtual gamepad. The switch button can be used to switch between two different key sets on the virtual gamepad.
* Made HTML files patchable via online patches.
* Made some minor UI changes.

Changelog for RPG Maker Plugin 1.20.24
* Updated dependencies.
* Fixed a bug that causes a crash when a game launched after closing another game using the in-game quit button.
* Made a change to fix missing font issues.
* Made some internal changes to remove boost library dependency and improve performance.
* Added support for online patches with regular expressions.
* Added patches to apply patches on script events.
* Fixed a bug that causes a crash when a game launched after closing the plugin.
* Changed how debug writer and FPS monitor works.
* Fixed implementation of user32.dll::GetKeyboardState for 32-bit operating systems.
* Included pre-optimized shaders.
* Removed mkxp_wrapper library.
* Updated dependencies:
* SDL 2.0.5 to 2.26.1
* SDL_image 2.0.1 to 2.6.2
* SDL_ttf 2.0.14 to 2.20.1
* Ruby 3.0.2 to 3.1.3
* Merged pull request #4090 from Ren'Py.

Changelog for Ren'Py Plugin 8.0.3_7.5.3_008
* Made some changes to ignore font loading issues.
* Updated virtual gamepad.

Changelog for Ruffle Plugin 1.00.06
* Updated Ruffle and dependencies.
* Added OpenGL ES 3 requirement to manifest.

JoiPlay 1.20.021:
Ruffle Plugin 1.00.06:

Last edited:

pyr0w

Feb 19, 2018
Man, if you have a smartphone, iphone, computer, or exist online in any way (games platforms, social network....) you can be SURE they already have all the necessary data about who you are.
You lack perspective.

There is a difference between...
  • knowing
    • where you live
    • whether or not you are home right now
  • knowing
    • what browser you are using
    • what tabs you have open right now.
  • knowing
    • you have an Amazon account
    • what is in the package on your porch
Every bit of information you give expands the picture.
And more information allows more inference.

I'm a security researcher and privacy advocate.
I'm WELL aware of what information get's collected by services and how it get's used.

I don't expect people to give up the convenience of their digital lives, but I DO expect them to understand when they are needlessly contributing to the mess we are in.

FYI: it isn't even that hard to be private.
You are never going to be PERFECTLY private. Even if you lived alone in the woods you'd be generating data.
But you don't have to make things worse by generating reams of data for 5 seconds of convenience.

Last edited:

HP.

Nov 2, 2020
New Updates

Hi everyone! I hope you are all safe and sound. As some of you know, a few days ago Turkey and Syria are hit by two devastating earthquakes. I express my condolences to who loss their life and my sympathies to whom affected by the disaster.

This update brings some new QOL improvements to JoiPlay and performance improvements to RPG Maker Plugin. Also, there are many changes that improve stability and compatibility. Please check the changelog below to see the changes.

Changelog for JoiPlay 1.20.021
* Implemented "Downscale Large Bitmaps" feature for RPG Maker MZ games.
* Improved support for Construct 2 games.
* Fixed a theming bug that makes JoiPlay gets stuck in the system theme.
* Fixed wrong switch state bug in settings dialog.
* Fixed crashes caused by online patches with invalid regexes.
* Made some changes to improve launcher performance.
* Made a change to allow ignoring errors during archive extraction.
* Improved game detection for "Import Archive File" option.
* Updated third-party dependencies.
* Added an option to change launcher layout. Grid (Large), Grid (Small) and List layouts are supported at the moment.
* Added "Import Archive File" option. It can be used to directly import games without manually extracting them first. ZIP, RAR, 7Z, TAR, GZ, BZ2, XZ archives are supported but encrypted archive support is limited to ZIP archives, other encrypted archives aren't supported.
* Added "Settings" option to game menu. It can be used to change engine-specific settings for the selected game.
* Adjusted theme colors for Android 12 and above.
* Fixed mkxp-z game detection.
* Fixed crashes that happen while searching icons, choosing files/folders on Android 13 and sorting games.
* Made changes required for NScripter games. (experimental)
* Moved floating action buttons to action bar.
* Removed sorting button from top bar and implemented a new dialog to sort/filter/search games. A new floating action button added to launcher for opening the dialog.
* Added switch button to virtual gamepad. The switch button can be used to switch between two different key sets on the virtual gamepad.
* Made HTML files patchable via online patches.
* Made some minor UI changes.

Changelog for RPG Maker Plugin 1.20.24
* Updated dependencies.
* Fixed a bug that causes a crash when a game launched after closing another game using the in-game quit button.
* Made a change to fix missing font issues.
* Made some internal changes to remove boost library dependency and improve performance.
* Added support for online patches with regular expressions.
* Added patches to apply patches on script events.
* Fixed a bug that causes a crash when a game launched after closing the plugin.
* Changed how debug writer and FPS monitor works.
* Fixed implementation of user32.dll::GetKeyboardState for 32-bit operating systems.
* Included pre-optimized shaders.
* Removed mkxp_wrapper library.
* Updated dependencies:
* SDL 2.0.5 to 2.26.1
* SDL_image 2.0.1 to 2.6.2
* SDL_ttf 2.0.14 to 2.20.1
* Ruby 3.0.2 to 3.1.3
* Merged pull request #4090 from Ren'Py.

Changelog for Ren'Py Plugin 8.0.3_7.5.3_008
* Made some changes to ignore font loading issues.
* Updated virtual gamepad.

Changelog for Ruffle Plugin 1.00.06
* Added OpenGL ES 3 requirement to manifest.

JoiPlay 1.20.021:
Ruffle Plugin 1.00.06:
Mean ruffle can run more flash games like as3

adam20190514

Dec 17, 2018
Bugfix Update for JoiPlay and RPG Maker Plugin

Hello! I'm sorry for the inconveniences that caused by the bugs in the last update. This update fixes the bugs reported by users.

JoiPlay 1.20.023
  • Incorrect text colors on submenus and filter dialog are corrected.
  • Lockscreen issues are fixed.

RPG Maker Plugin 1.20.25

• Fixed fast forward toggle bug.
  • Merged commits 6722a1e, 3dc2128, 725d593, e51f808 and b2dd4db from mkxp-z.

Reactions: asriu and mams3425

asriu

Jan 26, 2020
how to install rpg maker on android? ema milf warrior require rpg ace v. based naming file it seem joiplay can play but I stuck on how to install rtp

Machiavel

Sep 2, 2020
how to install rpg maker on android? ema milf warrior require rpg ace v. based naming file it seem joiplay can play but I stuck on how to install rtp
When you try to launch the game, Joiplay will Ask you for the rtp. It will propose you to download it, do it. Once download IS over, try to relaunch the game, and this time, choose install from file. Get the rtp file you just downloaded and voilà

Reactions: asriu

asriu

Jan 26, 2020
When you try to launch the game, Joiplay will Ask you for the rtp. It will propose you to download it, do it. Once download IS over, try to relaunch the game, and this time, choose install from file. Get the rtp file you just downloaded and voilà
I see, so it directly from zip or rar file. I thought it from extracted zip hence fail. after installation zip, do I need to keep the zip file or it is ok to delete it?
adam20190514 please update OP with how to install RTP on JoiPlay I see some member seem run on similar problem

• Hey there
Reactions: Lucifer84

Machiavel

Sep 2, 2020
I see, so it directly from zip or rar file. I thought it from extracted zip hence fail. after installation zip, do I need to keep the zip file or it is ok to delete it?
adam20190514 please update OP with how to install RTP on JoiPlay I see some member seem run on similar problem
You can delete the zip file after successful import

Reactions: asriu

DyonisXX

Jun 13, 2022
Any way to make Summer Memories work properly on Joiplay? For some reason you can tap and interact with the girls but you can't tap(click) on any objects so you literally get softlocked on day one because you can't click the clothes basket.

If you somehow get past that, you still can't ever leave the house because you can't interact with the door.

I used a cheat to teleport around and tried doing a minigame but it needs you to middle mouse button click, I know that you can right click by tapping with 2 fingers at once but idk if there's a way to bind MMB to anything.
Once I teleported I still couldn't travel around the areas because the buttons to move around also can't be interacted with.

adam20190514 any way this could get fixed? Mostly the 'not-clicking-on-non-character-objects' issue but also a way to bind MMB

Reactions: Sōsuke Aizen

Appleaddy77

Feb 12, 2021
So I have been able to make a lot of JoiPlay archives. My main problem right now resides with Android and WebGL2.

It seems that if an image exceeds 4096 pixels horizontally or vertically, all that will be loaded is a black box. This is supposedly fixed by the Crosswalk plugin, but that doesn't seem to work with the latest JoiPlay.

I'm still working on ideas, one is to use a canvas to render images greater than 4096 pixels and use that as the source for two child textures, but I'm not sure how that will work out in practice.
Did you ever find a work around for the webGL2 problem in joiplay?

MEDO. XX

Nov 6, 2020
If anyone uses joiplay, and can't save a game, then apply these settings in joiplay, if you benefit, comment, gave me like

asriu

Jan 26, 2020
View attachment 2477527 View attachment 2477527 someone help me. What should i do now??? I don't understand with this.
look post above
basically click download it will redirect to RPG maker site.
select rpg maker vx ace rtp, download.
after finished download open that game again from joyplay, this time when the prompt pop up (such as on your pictures shown) select choose, select rpg maker vx rtp you just downloaded (it should be on zip or rar) joyplay will extract it then after finished you can play~

• Red Heart
Reactions: GAWRTANA

doizoid.

Feb 23, 2023
Bugfix Update for JoiPlay and RPG Maker Plugin

Hello! I'm sorry for the inconveniences that caused by the bugs in the last update. This update fixes the bugs reported by users.

JoiPlay 1.20.023
  • Incorrect text colors on submenus and filter dialog are corrected.
  • Lockscreen issues are fixed.

RPG Maker Plugin 1.20.25

• Fixed fast forward toggle bug.
  • Merged commits 6722a1e, 3dc2128, 725d593, e51f808 and b2dd4db from mkxp-z.
Will you upload the newest version?