RPGM - Completed - Philana and the Elixir of Life [v1.02] [Saki Minoru]

1. 4.00 star(s)

anarchia

I enjoyed this, and managed to sink a good 14 hours into a playthrough. I'm not quite sure why I stuck it out to finish the game though, as I was bored of it after 7-8 hours. But the combat stayed fairly interesting and there were some new enemies, even if the CGIs were repetitive.

The good:
    - combat is interesting with a lot of abilities to choose from, and new abilities unlocked every level
    - levelling up is easy, and it doesn't take much grind to over-level to the point that combat becomes super easy
    - the stats tracking was cool, especially seeing the stats skyrocket when you get gangbanged or enslaved for a while
    - unlike a lot of RPGM games, you can just hold down a key and speed through text and combat really fast (turn on remember last action in the settings)
    - the progression to unlock better gear is well paced. You can grind for better equipment, or just buy a few good times every so often to supplement what you can loot
    - you can loot some decent equipment, so don't need to buy everything

The bad:
    - as others have said, the corruption isn't well paced. There are some scenes that can get you gangbanged even without having any or very little sluttiness
    - the CGIs are repetitive and even boss fights don't have especially unique or interesting scenes - you often just get special text
    - there are a lot of enemies, so even if you are super strong it can take a while to fight you through them, especially if you are trying to conserve mana and use weaker spells
    - late game, there are some enemies that can more or less 'stun lock' you so you can't make any meaningful move - but you have so much health that it can take forever to lose
    - There were some scenes I watched from the recollection room after completing the game, which I had no idea how to access during the regular game. Seems like there is a way to strip your clothes and run around at night? I didn't find any option for that

The ugly:
    - I ran into a bug once or twice where the game would freeze, and I had to quit and reload it. Nothing gamebreaking though

Overall I really liked this game!
  2. 4.00 star(s)

MrUnknownPants

It is a story as old as time wherein a hero goes into the wide world to save their friend from certain death. This game certainly does not reinvent the wheel. Some nice little turn and the tale of generosity makes it enjoyable.

Gameplay is mostly standard RPG stuff with its magic and items. Only one of the items I found gives a nice touch to a certain enemy, but other than that no surprises.

The H-Stuff? Pretty good. You will find around a 3 or 4 dozen cut-ins and scenes in fights and while roaming around. I would call the number of tags to be applied to them satisfying. If you are looking for a steady pace of corruption, you should look somewhere else. Special mention goes to the Hypnosis part of the game though.

All in all: Not great. But good entertainment for a few hours.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Grimmzzz1

Really Great Game, unlike what others had to say, I really loved the game.
    I agree with the complaint that it goes from 0 to 100 a bit too fast, but what retains back the appeal for me is that goes from 100 to 200 or some might even say higher. The sheer level of depravity is just something else and might not be something that everyone likes, but to me, it was like finding a hidden gem.
    Anyways my little suggestion would be to anyone willing to try out this game, just use a save-game editor to max out the stats, it's really not worth the grind for this game. But other than that, the h-scenes are an absolute 10/10 Masterpiece.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

el_pelufo

The CG is quite nice, it's uncensored and the translation is well done. The combat is just normal RPG Maker stuff, but it's well balanced and it has battle H-Scenes. That being said, the corruption is very poorly paced, she usually get fucked in the very first event of any event-chain so there's no room for slow corruption with stuff like groping, oral, etc. Also, I'd have loved to see her in different outfits and stuff like that.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

mrericsan

.... Sigh

I actually have some decent hope for this game but ... I guess lets get to the gist of the problem I have. Opening prolog says that scenes will be release based on lewd level, so I was hoping for a corruption game...

The 1st dude you talk to in the bar force u to drink with him, you got drunk, got creampied by 2 dudes 8 times, you wake up next morning and say 'oh my head hurt, oh well let get back on adventuring' ..#$@!%^
    Talk to some dude near the pool, agree to help him with his problem. Dude turn on her at night and say he is his evil split personality, rape the protag in her asshole 9 times. Wake up the next morning the normal nice dude is back, protag says 'I am glad that the nice dude can get some release of his frustration by his evil self at night' ..#$@!%^

Seriously WTF, this protag is completely DUMB (or maybe just a complete SLUT). Almost feel like I am playing a reverse NPC Fuck game, I honestly feels like my IQ will go down if i continue on this game.

Battle system is the typical JRPG turn base style, but its grant you a new spell every level according to Japan walkthrough site and there are 33 spells ,,, kind of overwhelming i do say.

Anyhow, CG is not bad but not great either. There are decent amount of scenes. +1 for being uncensored; +1 for battle fuck but; -1 no clothing break; -1 for no clothes to chose from and -1 for the annoying frame on the CGs during battle fuck.

So if you are looking for an event hunt game with uncensored CGs, this game is playable. But if you are looking for a corruption game with some a decent story and personality, I suggest you to play Princess of Zeven.