• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

matschbirne

Aug 24, 2019
I really liked PT and what I've seen of the rework makes me very curious.
I'm really excited and wish you all the best.

what's next for in a cent?

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Personal Trainer 1.1 Beta Available

It's my pleasure to finally release the beta version of PT RE

There are too many things that were added or changed, so the changelog will be a general summary.

Changelog
Personal Trainer 1.1 Beta
Content:
1. All of the main girls now have at least one new ending that's accessible as a epilogue upon completion of their story.
2. New story events for Alex, Daisy, Mayan, and Maria.
3. Added Jenna's house as a separate location. College Dorms have been expanded to be more interesting than just a closed door when Alex & Daisy are unavailable.
4. Featuring 18 original songs

UI:
1. Completely revamped UI
2. Character Index: This screen now serves as an in-game hints and replay gallery.
3. Beautiful new map that also serves as a live character tracker
4. Music player

Sandbox Mechanics:

1. A new time system that shrinks time slots from 24 to 8.
2. Dynamic random events that change in frequency from innocent to naughty as the story progresses as well as not fixed to a schedule.
3. Character locations are tracked live on the map, reducing guesswork and 'empty clicking'.
-------------
Old save files will not work. This is essentially a new game with an entirely new code base. Although it's gone through closed testing, the alpha testing team is very small and the scale of the code rewrite may contain bugs we have missed. Please report any bugs on Discord or right here on Patreon.

There's probably tons of other stuff that I've forgotten to mention, but my brain cooked.

I hope you guys enjoy it!

Cheers,
Dom

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
..it's even more completed now....double completed......needs a new tag just for it.....
The dev explained why he did it in the IaS thread, because evidentially people don't like this game and were butthurt over him doing this and not working on IaS.

I want to add that Steam readily accepted the pre-refresh version of PT for sale. I had to submit the original game early in the process to get the Steam page approved. My intensified focus on the Steam release is driven by personal reasons – specifically, my discomfort at the thought of charging for a product that's riddled with bugs and left many feeling unsatisfied with the ending. On Patreon, supporters fund a developer's creative journey, whereas on Steam, customers purchase a product. This fundamental difference is the reason behind my temporary shift in development efforts from In a Scent to PT.

Opting for the most profit-oriented strategy would have meant spending just a month on PT, fixing critical bugs before releasing the game on Steam. That's what I originally intended but my conscious didn't allow it. Although the extra time and effort I've put in may not directly translate into increased revenue, it will at least allow me to sleep easy at night and be proud of what I've created.

I understand that it's a big disappointment to those who don't care about PT and just want more of IaS. I've been transparent with my supporters on Patreon throughout the process. The beta build of PT is almost ready for release on Patreon, which will allow me to shift more development back onto In a Scent. After Steam, it's back to full focus on IaS and spreading the love of Gary.
-----------------------------------

In a Scent is the focus. PT just needed a lot of work put back in to make it a nice and polished game to sell on Steam. That way I can hopefully stabilize my finances and work on my passion project In a Scent, without the crippling guilt of feeling like a failure who can't provide for his family.

PT's currently in closed testing with an expected Patreon beta release within two weeks. Afterwards it will be a split between Steam marketing materials and work on In a Scent. After Steam release, full focus back to IaS.

Another shameless request to .

Guileless

Donor
Jul 7, 2018
I don't keep up with threads, especially for projects that I thought were put out to pasture, but I do remember enjoying this game while it was originally being developed, I was even a patron for a year or so, and how disappointing it was when it slowed down and Domiek eventually came out with a "1.0" with something of an apology saying it was as done as he was going to be able to get it and he would rather rush it to a state of shoddy completion than simply abandon it. I appreciated that transparency and effort, better than devs who just disappear or never even consider that a game can be completed, but the wrap up was profoundly underwhelming.

I'm very pleasantly surprised to see Domiek come back and try to improve it. Haven't played through this re-release yet but I'm already convinced that it can't be worse.

Almighty

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2017
I'm not sure if the animations redone but if so damn I hope their on the same level as his other game. Either way I'll be happy to replay this game.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Personal Trainer [v1.1] [Domiek]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- - -

Mac:
- - -

Oldandbold

May 20, 2019
to be honest i was hoping we would get the next chapter of In a Scent
but am not complaining
i liked this game and i was a bit disappointed in the abrupt ending so am happy to see the improvements done to that
and see what else he changed or improved so am off to have some fun

Chill-E

May 7, 2018
Wow!! Thank You! I so liked this game when it came out and had so much hope for it.. Sadly I was disappointed at the end and just said "Oh well, was good while it lasted." But now I am so excited to get back into it! I always thought it only needed a few small tweaks to be great, and it looks like you did a LOT of tweaks. So Excited! Thanks Again!

Reactions: mofonistik
3.90 star(s) 167 Votes