VN Ren'Py Abandoned Perestroika [v0.1] [Pionerki Games]

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
I love Russian girls, but what is she, stupid? Communism sucks _ Russia figured it out years ago and turned the page. Communism is a scam, a lie users tell rubes to eat their cake. Thankfully, Russia today is not even close to communist... don't believe me? OK, go ask Venezuela.
This isn't a political simulator, and the MC in this is a high school girl from what looks like a pretty prosperous family, who hasn't necessarily figured out that communism doesn't work on a large scale. I find it hard to believe that people can accept games with mind control without a qualm, but buck against the idea of a 1970s Russian teenager not understanding the faults of communism. In any case, I'd suggest, for your health, that you not tell a kibbutznik to her face that communism is a scam.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yeh, what soviet name :HeyGuys:
I think that the name Snezhana has some implications in Russia that aren't apparent to non-Russians. If you run across a character named "Prudence" in a western game or novel, you kinda know what to expect.

Reactions: ᴏᴄᴛᴏ

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
In any case, I find this game somewhat interesting but, as others have said, very confusing at times in terms of who is talking, and very unclear in terms of what the game is supposed to be about. It seems that Snezhana is supposed to be the main character, but the story is often told from someone else's point of view, and the player gets to make decisions for multiple characters in a scene.

I'd recommend that the authors choose a POV and stick to it. The player shouldn't directly control whether the geeky friend demands a blow job, or the slutty girlfriend gives it, but should do so indirectly by, for instance, making dialogue choices that encourage the geek to be bold and the girlfriend to be slutty. A game with an omniscient viewpoint and omnipotent powers isn't interesting for long.

Muja

May 24, 2018
The author of the game very much wants to like the American audience. So there are so many cranberries in the game. Why there are no bears, matryoshkas, balalaikas and vodka - would there be a complete set? Sorry for Google translator.

El Perverso

Nov 2, 2017
Oh, a game about a soviet high school girl? Hmm, in Russia (and in Soviet Union earlier) high school ends at the age of 16-17. So, if this game tells you at start, that "All characters are 18 years or older" don't believe it, it's a lie :).

I think that the name Snezhana has some implications in Russia that aren't apparent to non-Russians.
Yep it has. I am not able to translate it fully, but it has something to do with the snow. Wikipedia says, that it's probably derived from snow and wife.

Klement-Gottwald

Mar 1, 2018
Oh, a game about a soviet high school girl? Hmm, in Russia (and in Soviet Union earlier) high school ends at the age of 16-17. So, if this game tells you at start, that "All characters are 18 years or older" don't believe it, it's a lie :).

Yep it has. I am not able to translate it fully, but it has something to do with the snow. Wikipedia says, that it's probably derived from snow and wife.
I know we had someone called Snezhana in our family but we called her Snežana or Snežka, well that is slavic names for you.

Apr 12, 2019
Wonderful to see the Moskfilm icon in silhouette at the opening still of the game. Didn't much like the game, but the idea - Snezhana (i.e., Snow White) enchanted by Perestroika (the thaw) - still holds potential.