• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.60 star(s) 20 Votes

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
Case Log #5 Ch4

Today I landed on a total of 244 renders, which is a little shy of my goal. I'm heading out the door in 15 min for my work trip, but wanted to give a brief summary of what is happening. I think my intent was pretty well formulated in the mid-week update/poll. Funny because I'm writing the scene that will lead to the first private interaction with Gabrielle now (well, not now but it's the next one to go.) I was a little surprised to see that Victoria got no love, sure she is salty but she'll come around:) Funny thing is that Gabrielle and Victoria were the very first LIs that were created in the story as I was kind of feeling it out. Officer Johnson, who happened to be a character with one purpose: to support a joke, turns in 4 votes in the poll. I guess we are going back to the police station soon. I'm happy with the writing so far for chapter 4. About half way now, starting scene 7, so we should be good after my upcoming 12hr flight. When I get back chapter 3 will be done in short order and scene 4 (which is substantial as well, will commence. I have 3 full days of rendering (Sun,Mon,Tue) when I get back.

1712609115522.png

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
Case Log #8 Ch4 Public

1714417300527.png

Currently working on renders for scene 5. I think I'll finish that today and at least set up scene 6, which only has familiar characters but new environment. The image is of the bartender Rebecca, who works at The Devil's Toboggan. Pecker's visit is obviously entirely professional. I'm guessing that I'll land at 400+ renders at the end of the day. The main menu is being revamped (new graphics, not new code...I suck at coding, have I said that before?). I'm very happy with the new design that was voted for by the members. I didn't exactly agree with the vote, but I was happy with either of the 3 options. A little deeper song playlist will be introduced in chapter 4. So good things are happening. As I have told the membership, I will work on improving and fixing smaller issues as we go. The plan is to fix all between chapter 9 and chapter 10, chapter 10 will be the finale of season/case 1. All that are here for free: Awesome! I'd like to grow this if I can. All that are members: You ROCK and I am humbled that you support the endeavor.

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
Half Log #10 Ch4

I stumbled across some extra render time this week. I thought I wasn't going to have any time to render after Sunday, but turns out I wasn't correct. As of right now we are about a half day away from finishing scene 6 and moving on to 7. Ringo is slowly but surely becoming my favorite bad guy to torture.

We are at about 550-ish renders, but that count is a little inflated by the fact that I re-rendered some images that I didn't like. The barbershop has turned out to be a little tricky lighting wise. It's all good when looking at the mirrors, but when you turn around...yikes! I have a handle on it now and will be finishing up scene 6 on Friday and start 7. In the meantime I will be writing the rest of chapter 4.

Cheers!

4.60 star(s) 20 Votes