Patreon has gone too far and we need to boycott and punish them.

Maxh

Jun 19, 2021
Patreon keeps harrassing devs for providing spicy content of various kinds. They have their employees read the site for no other reason than to ruin people's good time.

I personally would like to see a total boycott of Patreon devs and users alike, but it's probably unrealistic.

But what we can do that might be more practical is F95 already requires sign up to download games, we should require sign up to read tags, spoiler/genre tabs, game reviews, and game discussion threads. Then we should make it clear in F95 terms of service that Patreon employees are explicitly prohibited from having accounts on this site.

Maxh

Jun 19, 2021
Nooooooooooo my incest rape fantasies are getting banned, no, the spiciness!

Here's a hint. It's not Patreon. It's Visa & Mastercard. This fight, you will lose.
If Patreon doesn't discover the content they can't ban it. Tell Patreon employees they are banned from this site in the terms and conditions, and make it so you must make an account to see details of what's in the game. Visa and MasterCard can't pull the plug on Patreon if nothing is discovered in the first place.

For that matter ban MasterCard and Visa employees from the site too.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
If F95 wants to ban employees of a company are they not legally required to comply or get a restraining order?
Probably not.
Somebody could read up on what terms and conditions can and cannot include but why ruin a good thread with fact checking. Not that anyone would be able to enforce those terms anyway.

Patreon bans whatever the payment companies demand to be banned and no amount of circlejerking will change that.

Reactions: Hagatagar

Maxh

Jun 19, 2021
Patreon is garbage and always will be, dont fucking use it.
Already way ahead of you, I do not use Patreon... but devs keep using for some reason. The main 2 I can think of is they signed up for Patreon back in the day then Patreon cracked down and they have to censor their own content now because Patreon employees are ALLOWED TO READ THIS SITE. The other reason I can think of is new devs decide to use it not knowing what they are getting into, and then bamn months or even years wasted when Patreon IS ALLOWED TO READ THIS SITE.

Then these devs have to try and get their whole audience to switch to Subscribe star or someone else, and people don't pay close enough attention to actually switch so the dev can get back to what they actually like doing.

F95 should help the community out by banning Patreon employees from the site. By making it so you need to sign up to read tags, spoilers/genre tabs, game reviews, game discussions. Then in the terms of service prohibit Patreon employees or anyone contracted by Patreon from making accounts. Then send a restraining order of harrassment to Patreon telling them to fuck off.

BTW you already need an account to download the games anyway

MarshmallowCasserole

Jun 7, 2018
Aren't the terms of service legally binding?
Abso-fucking-lutely not.

If F95 wants to ban employees of a company are they not legally required to comply or get a restraining order?.
No, and that's not how restraining orders work.

F95 is allowed to have it's own terms of service right?
Sure, any site on the internet is allowed to have all sorts of fancy words. Allowed doesn't mean people are bound by those words. F95 can ban people for breaking those rules if they can see that a rule is broken. Simply reading a site is not a violation of a rule admins of a site can actually detect and act on it.

Maxh

Jun 19, 2021
Abso-fucking-lutely not.

No, and that's not how restraining orders work.

Sure, any site on the internet is allowed to have all sorts of fancy words. Allowed doesn't mean people are bound by those words. F95 can ban people for breaking those rules if they can see that a rule is broken. Simply reading a site is not a violation of a rule admins of a site can actually detect and act on it.
Patreon is a corporate entity, yes normal people get banned for violating terms of service, but a company would have to take the terms of service seriously and not sign up in the first place.

If we can prevent Patreon from discovery they can't discover anything to ban.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Patreon is a corporate entity, yes normal people get banned for violating terms of service, but a company would have to take the terms of service seriously and not sign up in the first place.

I don't think you have a clear idea on how things work.

One - How would you know someone works for Patreon in order for them to be "banned" from F95? (Answer: you wouldn't)

Two - You realize the discovery of content you speak of is content that is already available to Patreon because the artists release it through Patreon and then is shared by subscribers from there to here. If Patreon wants to know the content, they don't need to come here. Also, F95 posts are easily found using Google or another search engine - no one actually has to come to this site in order to read posts.

Three - The Patreon rules that developers are being held accountable to today were basically the same rules that Patreon had when those developers signed up for Patreon and by signing up for Patreon, they agreed to abide by those rules.

Four - The fact thats developer either didn't make sure their content met the rules or knowingly infringed upon the rules in order to be on Patreon gives Patreon the right to uphold their side of the agreement to hold those developers accountable for their actions.

I could keep going, but I hope you see that what you are proposing is not realistic, practical, or logical.

MarshmallowCasserole

Jun 7, 2018
but a company would have to take the terms of service seriously
No, they wouldn't. Because you can't take them to court for that.

Like... listen to yourself. You want to prevent Patreon from banning content that is already on their own site :KEK:

By "forbidding" them to read a 3rd party public internet forum :KEK: A PIRATE FORUM :KEK: :KEK:

Reactions: Count Morado

Maxh

Jun 19, 2021
I don't think you have a clear idea on how things work.

One - How would you know someone works for Patreon in order for them to be "banned" from F95? (Answer: you wouldn't)

Two - You realize the discovery of content you speak of is content that is already available to Patreon because the artists release it through Patreon and then is shared by subscribers from there to here. If Patreon wants to know the content, they don't need to come here. Also, F95 posts are easily found using Google or another search engine - no one actually has to come to this site in order to read posts.

Three - The Patreon rules that developers are being held accountable to today were basically the same rules that Patreon had when those developers signed up for Patreon and by signing up for Patreon, they agreed to abide by those rules.

Four - The fact thats developer either didn't make sure their content met the rules or knowingly infringed upon the rules in order to be on Patreon gives Patreon the right to uphold their side of the agreement to hold those developers accountable for their actions.

I could keep going, but I hope you see that what you are proposing is not realistic, practical, or logical.
What about mods for games... The dev makes sure the game is up to Patreon standards, then someone (not the dev) makes a mod for the game here. Then Patreon sees a mod someone other than the dev made, and bans the dev. Dispite the fact the dev didn't make the violating content!

Bethesda isn't held to that standard why should anyone on F95? Patreon is doing that! And if they weren't allowed on this site. They couldn't discover those mods.

And you think Patreon employees have personal accounts here? No they make those accounts for work with corporate approval, they are company accounts.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
then someone (not the dev) makes a mod for the game here. Then Patreon sees a mod someone other than the dev made, and bans the dev.
Unless you have proof of this happening - in the past, if it was obvious that someone other than the developer made the mod, Patreon did not hold the developer accountable.
And you think Patreon employees have personal accounts here? No they make those accounts for work with corporate approval, they are company accounts.
You're joking right? This whole thread is an excursion into Poe's Law, right?
Why would someone who is investigating something/someone use a corporate email account to do so? No, they would use a specially made gmail/yahoo/whatever email account.
I especially love this discussion on a pirate forum.
You're arguing about the enforceability of terms and conditions on a site that wouldn't exist if terms and conditions could always be fully enforced.
Exactly this.

Maxh -- you're on a "pirate" forum for millions of people who come here to specifically download games without having to compensate developers on the platform you are now calling for sanctions against that is attempting to uphold the agreement between that platform and the developers who use that platform... the same platform that the vast majority of people on this site do not use because they come here to take the product without any compensation. You want to figure out some magical way to ban people who are employees of said platform by using their email addresses as identifiers - when people would not use their corporate email addresses to create accounts. On top of which, no one needs an account to read the threads - only to see images and links.

Last edited:
Reactions: anne O'nymous

orellion

May 12, 2023
Unfortunately the Indie devs of adult games need Patreon a lot more than Patreon needs the devs. What % of revenue does does adult games constitute for Patreon? 0.5% maybe?

Maxh

Jun 19, 2021
Still shouldn't we find a way to better protect F95 from being scandalized? Making it so you need an account to read Tags, tabs, reviews and discussion comments the same way F95 blocks people from downloading without an account... It could be made so the site shows up on Google but blurs it out without an account. That would slow the censorship brigade at least.

As for the second part of the terms of service idea, I would think corporate lawyers would take terms more serious than normal people. But Even if that wouldn't work there has to be other ideas to keep the censorship brigade away?

Reactions: VeryVexxing

VegitoHlove

Apr 27, 2018
I do think Patreon sucks but this guy Maxh is a tad bit unhinged. This reminds me of some video I watched earlier today about some retard whom was harassing cops and incorrectly citing laws and court rulings. The guy not only pointed out some case incorrectly but it was a ruling that happening in Mississippi when they were in California.

This is like that. by the way, the guy called himself a "Constitutional Law Scholar"