jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
Actually it seems more like prude Americans than Nazis to me.
This is a really complex issue with a tangled history. The bottom line is that Americans (and gamers in-particular) really hate censorship. There is a small, vocal minority (3rd wave feminists, the religious right, "social justice warriors", etc) that the mass media supports because they think not supporting them will make their company look racist/transphobic/hateful/sexist/etc which is bad for business. Then foreigners see the mass media talking about how we love censorship and get the wrong idea. It's just a shit-ton of virtue signaling while the people who actually buy the products are telling them to shut the fuck up because they're destroying the entertainment industry (games, inparticular).

The vast, vast majority of Americans demand the choice to be left to them personally. For example, in the form of a "Adult Mode" toggle behind a parental control password. We don't want censorship done for us to someone else's standard of morals. We want the choice, so we can play our games with the kids in the room, or get the full experience after they've gone to bed. If that's not possible, then we don't want any censorship at all.

Ace321

Jul 13, 2017
Are there any other sites like patreon who publisher can be supported doesnt matter what content it have? Dunno why Patreon is not for incest things or something like this..

Im glad that we have f95zone for this content. maybe a site with a better overview of all avaible games and which content they have wlould be nice. a rating site where we cann see the nice games on one view.

Big Brother, Dating my Daughter, Summertime Saga, my girlfriends Amnesia.. only to call a few big hits. And This Game "Parental Love" could be one of this big hits..

there are some websites who list that new releases of all that games, but no one who take that in catgories, with ratings, a small overview of gameplay (i love animations, not only click click and happy end)

sorry for wall of text, and thats not my native language

Reactions: Adolfo

nosbos

Nov 1, 2017
Are there any other sites like patreon who publisher can be supported doesnt matter what content it have? Dunno why Patreon is not for incest things or something like this..
It quite simple why patreon forces the changes upon the game (it is only my conclusion). It's a conflict between money and reputation.
First: There are many the devs of incest/mind control/rape (only a summary) games make a small percentence of patreons income. But it's money nontheless, so normally they don't care how the get their money (as long as it isn't illegal).
But few weeks ago I've read the a gaming magazing/website will post an article that patreon hosts incest/rape/drug/mind control games.

What reaction do you think (giving todays society --> everything is rape and everyone is offended by anything and social media --> spreading news faster than anyting) would've an article with a headlinke like : "Patreon supports Incest/Rape/Mind control games". People don't care if the article is 100% right or not. I guarantee that.
Yeah, it would be an massive shitstorm --> Result: massive loss of reputation eg. the income is much much lower than what they get through the incest/mind control games.

So what is the easiest way for them? Right! Let all developers changer their game (get rid of the problematic topics).

That why (I think) patreon forced those changes.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
It quite simple why patreon forces the changes upon the game (it is only my conclusion). It's a conflict between money and reputation.
First: There are many the devs of incest/mind control/rape (only a summary) games make a small percentence of patreons income. But it's money nontheless, so normally they don't care how the get their money (as long as it isn't illegal).
But few weeks ago I've read the a gaming magazing/website will post an article that patreon hosts incest/rape/drug/mind control games.

What reaction do you think (giving todays society --> everything is rape and everyone is offended by anything and social media --> spreading news faster than anyting) would've an article with a headlinke like : "Patreon supports Incest/Rape/Mind control games". People don't care if the article is 100% right or not. I guarantee that.
Yeah, it would be an massive shitstorm --> Result: massive loss of reputation eg. the income is much much lower than what they get through the incest/mind control games.

So what is the easiest way for them? Right! Let all developers changer their game (get rid of the problematic topics).

That why (I think) patreon forced those changes.
yet if they simply rebranded to game of thrones it would be fine :| cause patreon.

Reactions: Paprika

Grubb

Oct 8, 2017
yet if they simply rebranded to game of thrones it would be fine :| cause patreon.
That's because Game of Thrones is more incest than... well I was going to use an extreme example, but I guess GoT IS the extreme example. That thing the avatar of incest.

Reactions: Paprika

SDaddy666

May 5, 2017
i'm not sure i got it right. Will the younger sister be cut out of the game for good ? or is he going to "make her" 18 and say it's a roommate too ?

if she's gone it's a pity imo

wrx21

Donor
Jun 15, 2017
i'm not sure i got it right. Will the younger sister be cut out of the game for good ? or is he going to "make her" 18 and say it's a roommate too ?

from what i understood,she will be cut out of the official release to please patreon police,then afterwards some evil modder will patch her back in :)

Reactions: Adolfo

pleiades

Nov 27, 2017

As I understand it, she will stay in the game, but there will be a patch that you can download to make the game treat it as if it was still incest. This is just to follow Patreon's guidelines.

Side note, I see Luxee updated his Patreon page, and now includes the following text, "All characters shown in a sexual light in game are 18 or older.", which is kinda interesting. Probably something to cover his ass for sexually explicit content for most characters, but why state "characters shown in a sexual light" specifically, and not just say all characters are 18+? ;)

Dasati

May 30, 2017
That's because Game of Thrones is more incest than... well I was going to use an extreme example, but I guess GoT IS the extreme example. That thing the avatar of incest.
From patreon's point of view, its because the incest in Game of Throne's is incidental/used as a plot device. GoT's doesn't glory in incest for example with the Targayen's. They indulged in incest as they believed it kept their bloodline pure. It's firmly established in GoT's that this has consequences e.g. the mad king. With the Lannister's, the incest between Jaime and Cersei is used as a catalyst for a whole host of plot lines and events. Also its set in a period which is roughly analogous to the middle age's, and whilst incest wasn't common back then, amongst royalty it did happen. In patreon's eyes adult games such as this one involving incest are glorying in the act which they feel is a no no.

Dasati

May 30, 2017
yeah, but to base her age off her build is retarded
Some of the agent's at patreon are quite puritanical. Irredeemable (Teachers Pets dev) got accused of the same thing with his Kaitlyn (cheerleader) character, seemingly based on the fact she was in a cheerleader uniform in the shown image.

pleiades

Nov 27, 2017
yeah, but to base her age off her build is retarded
Depending on where this story takes place (can't remember off the top of my head, I'm just assuming it's stateside), it's possible for college undergrads to be 17-19, although 18 is the statistical average. I.e, many colleges/universities where I come from accept as low as 16-17, although age of consent is also at 16. But I digress.

4.20 star(s) 215 Votes