• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
3.60 star(s) 22 Votes

DashUOfficial

Mar 14, 2022
Wow, that was it? Just run through and get fucked by 2 random dudes? I've seen worse games but this was probably the best attempt at anyone lazy enough to call a barebones UE project their own "game" when there's nothing even in it for a start

Reactions: LDV

GM_MD

Jun 9, 2021
My only complaint is the flashlight is nearly useless in any red lit area, so I missed the edges of two vent shafts I kept passing by. If dev wants to keep the flash light as is, could you put some red lights near those places to draw attention to them?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Artix0

Kodman

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2023
why only 4 enemies? do you need help with animation or models or what?
and yes i do understand how time consuming things are.
The first reason is, as you noted, my limited resources. The second is that I don't plan to make a game focused on shooting and action, more on atmosphere and puzzles.
i feel like you as a dev are very reasonable and you communicate very well.

please continue participating in the discussions. try to avoid the toxic shit but there are also some very good points being made. and i think by toxic i mean a combination of people yelling out of frustrating/demanding changes/arguing things that dont make sense. but a lot of comments and feedback is making sense and is good feedback.

definitely looking forward to seeing where you take this.
you should team up with some people.
you can outsource animations for so damn cheap these days.
Thanks for the advice, I'll do just that. I listen to constructive advice if I can add it or change it in the game.

Reactions: MoreNow

Kodman

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2023
My only complaint is the flashlight is nearly useless in any red lit area, so I missed the edges of two vent shafts I kept passing by. If dev wants to keep the flash light as is, could you put some red lights near those places to draw attention to them?
Thank you for your feedback, I will check this point.

Last edited:

mugijos95

Jun 7, 2020
Thank you for your feedback and congratulations.

I don't know if I understood you correctly, but in the working version of the game, the camera position has moved a little to the right of the main character and is moving towards the shoulder (using the mouse roll).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As for modifying the physics of the main character's body parts, I'll be conducting a poll among the patrons. I think this will be the best solution. :)

Yes, I'm planning a release on Steam.
Yes, that's what I meant, I wanted to ask that because as far as I can understand from your replies, this game will have a plethora of narrow/crampt spaces and camera is usually one of the problems.

As for the poll, it's a great idea, I'll be looking for the results and waiting to buy it on Steam whenever it launches.

Reactions: Kodman

KilljoyTRV

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2018
Yes, that's what I meant, I wanted to ask that because as far as I can understand from your replies, this game will have a plethora of narrow/crampt spaces and camera is usually one of the problems.

As for the poll, it's a great idea, I'll be looking for the results and waiting to buy it on Steam whenever it launches.
What are your tags from?

Shyboy

Aug 5, 2017
Thank you for the game. I`ve played the last two updates and the game looks very good. I can play it very well on my 6yo high potato gaming machine and that`s a breath of fresh air. I`ve been reading the thread and I really found myself loving the old vents, while it made me get lost a few times I find it very interesting. I`m getting excited to see more in the future. Thank you. If you get to release the game on steam or other stores, please do regional prices. My country currency make it quite impossible to buy things on usd.

dw9000

Nov 27, 2017
Kodman curious, but what are your plans for the game overall? Do you intend it to be a deadspace like resident evil?

I am interested extremely in the game as it stands it has a lot of potential and is developing smoothly.

Kodman

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2023
Thank you for the game. I`ve played the last two updates and the game looks very good. I can play it very well on my 6yo high potato gaming machine and that`s a breath of fresh air. I`ve been reading the thread and I really found myself loving the old vents, while it made me get lost a few times I find it very interesting. I`m getting excited to see more in the future. Thank you. If you get to release the game on steam or other stores, please do regional prices. My country currency make it quite impossible to buy things on usd.
Thank you for your feedback. I pay a lot of attention to optimizing the game during development, as I understand that everyone has different PC configurations.

Yes, prices on Steam will be regional.

Kodman

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2023
@Kodman curious, but what are your plans for the game overall? Do you intend it to be a deadspace like resident evil?

I am interested extremely in the game as it stands it has a lot of potential and is developing smoothly.
I'm inspired by a lot of games when creating PI (Alien: Isolation, Dead Space, Resident Evil 1, System Shock 2). But all of them lack a spicy element that I think can add to the sense of horror.
It's hard for me to say what the game will be like because I haven't played such games. I can only say that I don't plan to add a lot of action and shooting in the game. The main gameplay focus is the atmosphere, story, and puzzles.

Reactions: PSRJ1748-2446AD

TJ412

Sep 24, 2018
Criticizing a game early in development for a lack of content is shitty - and saying "I bet you can't do better" is a shitty way of dismissing it. I think you'd do well to take all criticism constructively, even when it's not meant that way - and if there's nothing constructive about it, then don't even bother engaging with it, it's just a bad look at best.

I played through the whole thing and I will say that without the guide, it'd have taken me at least twice as long to figure out how to progress; the puzzle/navigational solutions aren't terribly obvious or intuitive. It involves more backtracking and walking through empty corridors than I'd like, especially for the number of animations you actually see throughout that time. For that reason I generally find games like this quite tedious to play through, and most would benefit from including scenes and mechanics that aren't tied directly to progression - traps, roaming enemies etc.

You can tap ctrl to crouch and instantly reset your stamina to 100 - but a stamina system seems entirely redundant and would only serve to slow down what I feel is already tedious and unengaging gameplay. If there are plans for stamina to actually be relevant throughout some section of the game where eg you have to outrun something then that's fair enough. You can still have a very quick recharge from standing still or crouching whilst still making stamina management necessary for those sections.

Other than that it runs fine, looks good, controls well enough. How much of the future adult content will be tentacle/parasite monsters vs solo or F/M?

3.60 star(s) 22 Votes