3.90 star(s) 9 Votes

massagecook01

Oct 6, 2022
Proooobably should have slow-rolled that conversation, Chester...
yeah i don't get the reasoning of trying to kiss somone when you know already they hate your guts, thats asking to be slapped and go off on you. i would have reacted the same way if i was moon. the MC really does a lot of shit to himself with his stupid actions and words. not the wises or most charming of MCs i've seen. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: OmegaLord

Yarazin

Dec 2, 2022
Proooobably should have slow-rolled that conversation, Chester...
At first I was thinking, he's dreaming a worst case scenario right?

So far this third entry has been really frustrating after what was to me a disappointing ending of the last game. I am super happy to have Suzi back as she is my favorite girl and also with the Nixie development. I just don't like Moon all that much and really want some Suzi and Bliss scenes.

Frazzanova

Jun 2, 2017

So far this third entry has been really frustrating after what was to me a disappointing ending of the last game. I am super happy to have Suzi back as she is my favorite girl and also with the Nixie development. I just don't like Moon all that much and really want some Suzi and Bliss scenes.
yeah i don't get the reasoning of trying to kiss somone when you know already they hate your guts, thats asking to be slapped and go off on you. i would have reacted the same way if i was moon. the MC really does a lot of shit to himself with his stupid actions and words. not the wises or most charming of MCs i've seen. :ROFLMAO:
Yea, it's like "I hate you, oh wait, we're cool, no get out, no let's cuddle and watch a movie, no go fuck yourself!" all in one short episode. Like I get suspension of disbelief has to happen for these games, and it was going ok, but the kiss and confession scene just drove my immersion off a cliff. No one... ever.... would handle it like that...

massagecook01

Oct 6, 2022
No, Chester definitely would. Just look at his past behavior, and the lessons he learned from Petal and Bliss.
i don't know how a week of spending time with somone will change their minds about you when for years they hated you and have shown no interest of forgiving you, and to make matters worse you come on to them, like what the hell was the MC thinking. :unsure:

Reactions: OmegaLord

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
i don't know how a week of spending time with somone will change their minds about you when for years they hated you and have shown no interest of forgiving you, and to make matters worse you come on to them, like what the hell was the MC thinking. :unsure:
Hubris is a constant in the MC's life. It was hubris that made him think he'd make it big on a comedy tour as an unknown, and hubris that made him quit all those jobs in the past due to office politics or feelings of working "for the man".
Now, he's displaying it again. Petal taught him that his family loves him in more ways than he considered, and that they need him. Then, Bliss taught him to take what he wants.

OmegaLord

Jul 30, 2022
Wow, talking about Jumping the Shark.
Most of Lockheart stuff is solid, this latest update though, yeash.
It makes no sense in all honesty how it played out, after only 1/2 a day with some common ground and that is how you break it.
I could see MC letting it slip out to her but that was so out of left field. There was no sexual tension to it at all and he is not socially dumb.
Feels like it's forced just to have a cliffhanger to end on.

What I did like was the development with Suzi and Chester getting back to work, Moon learning about Nixie was also well done which also raises more questions on Chester's actions as that was just the day before.

While I always want more and can't wait for the next, I do understand it takes time to make a story and animate it. This feels like it needed more time to cook, we have already had plenty of things that have kept the gap alive up to this point and we finally see some progress of it shrinking only to drop a Tzar Bomba on it. Are we gonna speed through the whole make up process now? Yeah there have only been 2 chapters for this so far but it really started in A Moment of Bliss.
This kind of action works with a 3rd party character in stories as you can always go back and fill in reasons we were not privy to, here it makes no sense as we have seen all of the actions the character has done.

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
While I loved the previous two games of this series, frankly this one has been a let down, effectively like many other players complained the MC doesn't make sense, frankly the issue is the story seem to function by a '1 step forward, 2 step back' principle, the MC arrived in the first chapter and his relationship was bad with his daughter, it got better and cliffhanger crashed at the end of the first chapter... second chapter his relationship was bad with his daughter, it got better and cliffhanger crashed at the end of the second chapter... see its the same thing as the first chapter again in term of pattern, heck that whole system of 'low, high, low' was also seen in the previous game too but here it really feel like its reaching a uncanny level, where any suspension of disbelief is just shot out the window, how the Hell could a human being would think what he has been doing is a good idea is beyond me, its not because your relationship got a bit better that anyone should consider pulling a high risk move already.

Vilh

Dec 5, 2019
Well that kiss came out of nowhere. It feels like Lockhart rushed it quite a bit there, but if it spares us senseless fillers of characters just yapping and affirming each others' feelings and drama, I'm all for it.
In my opinion, it's not rushed. I think it's a different storytelling for this title. Each girl has a different approach. Petal was the one going for the throat in the first game, and MC was a bit more embarrased. You could say Petal "corrupted" MC. Bliss, on the contrary was more of a pull-and-release situation. They're beating around the bush, teasing and unraveling their past, while there's no resent whatsoever coming from neither Bliss or Petal. That storytelling fits Bliss, but I don't think it works for Moon. My guess is it's MC the one who tried to rush, and it's an intentional narrative from Lockheart. "Ok, I lived this before. She wants me, so why fooling around when we can just cut to the chase?". The moment MC refuses Suzi's help, you can foresee the attempt is doomed, since Moon is the girl that MC needs more help to conquer, due to her apparent despise for him.

Jonny Skull

Aug 7, 2017
A dream was my first guess too. Especially since it showed him falling asleep immediately before the crash and burn went down. Surely a dream fake-out would have been resolved before the chapter break though, right?

Reactions: Yarazin

magellandimarco

Dec 9, 2022
Oh no....I just finished Bliss (after replaying Petal), and the comments are making me not happy...I'm going to go ahead with Moon, but hopefully it won't sour the vibe the first two definitely set up.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Oh no....I just finished Bliss (after replaying Petal), and the comments are making me not happy...I'm going to go ahead with Moon, but hopefully it won't sour the vibe the first two definitely set up.
Over the Moon is different because Moon is antagonistic to Chester, whereas Petal and Bliss weren't. The game is still in the build-up phase so not much is happening but the seeds have been planted for things to change. There are some good payoffs for those that played Petal and Bliss though.

Reactions: manudego

Deckard81

Oct 23, 2017
Is the version I downloaded broken or is there just a ton of missing pictures from the first nixie/mc sex scene, or perhaps animations missing/not playing?

3.90 star(s) 9 Votes