• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
3.70 star(s) 20 Votes

WaltS

Si vis pacem para bellum
Donor
Apr 4, 2018
no abandoned tag so mods know something which we players don't know.
Why should anyone assign the 'Abandoned' tag when it's clearly 'On Hold'?

'On Hold' negates the "three months no comms from the dev" requirement for the 'Abandoned' tag - otherwise it'd be useless.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
based on patreon posts dev only makes images for supporters and nothing about game updates (and hasn't done for months) and this has been on hold for 6 months so lookslike mods know something what players don't know. maybe on discord there is some info but if there is then that same info should be on patreon page and also here (either posted by mods or those who are on dev's discord).

on hold = dev has intentions to update game
abandoned = no intentions to update

based on what i see on patreon and info available (w/o digging discord) this is abandoned. dev can promise updates but at some point (depending how trustworthy dev is) abandoned tag should be planted so it's not on hold or "active developing" for years.

Reactions: luisar018

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
based on patreon posts dev only makes images for supporters and nothing about game updates (and hasn't done for months) and this has been on hold for 6 months so lookslike mods know something what players don't know. maybe on discord there is some info but if there is then that same info should be on patreon page and also here (either posted by mods or those who are on dev's discord).

on hold = dev has intentions to update game
abandoned = no intentions to update

based on what i see on patreon and info available (w/o digging discord) this is abandoned. dev can promise updates but at some point (depending how trustworthy dev is) abandoned tag should be planted so it's not on hold or "active developing" for years.
On hold means it could be updated at any time but currently isn't being worked on.

On hold = paused, not currently in active development but will resume eventually.

It could be left on hold until the dev decides to come back to it which could be any time, it doesn't matter.

Reactions: luisar018 and WaltS

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
I love the renders and the game was promising, but sadly, with how long it took for the dev just to release enough updates for a proper start, I don't see this game or the other game lasting.

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
This is what is currently written at the top of the patreon page. Outbreak and Transcendent are currently on hold with no release date at the moment. If anyone asks for release date, just read this.

Reactions: luisar018

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
I honestly don't see these games making a comeback with how the creator decided to just focus on making images. I would love the creator to return to these games, but it's honestly not looking likely.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I honestly don't see these games making a comeback with how the creator decided to just focus on making images. I would love the creator to return to these games, but it's honestly not looking likely.
I guess if the commissions are making him money, I don't fault him for doing those for now. Maybe he's waiting for enough regular income from those to let him quit a full-time day job, which would give him the time he wants for working on the games? Really hoping it's something like that; I enjoyed these games in the past.

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
I guess if the commissions are making him money, I don't fault him for doing those for now. Maybe he's waiting for enough regular income from those to let him quit a full-time day job, which would give him the time he wants for working on the games? Really hoping it's something like that; I enjoyed these games in the past.
My main hope is that working on the renders actually improves his skills so that if/when he FINALLY goes back to making games, we're not waiting 6-8 months for a tiny update.

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
My main hope is that working on the renders actually improves his skills so that if/when he FINALLY goes back to making games, we're not waiting 6-8 months for a tiny update.
Ehh... I think you're just setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect anything from this.

1) "Prologue" was a mess. Chapter one and its new protagonist was even more of a mess.
2) Dev has proven to be unreliable.
3) Most of the posts on Patreon are commissions and/or unrelated to the game.

Mark this game as abandoned & call it a day.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
yea and i have "only few times" reported this being abandoned.

3.70 star(s) 20 Votes