jd8097619

Aug 27, 2019
Yes, i'm taking Perry's behavior at face value, given there's no indications for me to do otherwise. That's Occam's razor -- the explanation that requires the fewest assumptions is usually correct. This is not the same as what you're doing, but the opposite.
No, you're just taking his behaviour at the face value your view of him requires. The face value for me is that his "normal" of Wade is the one that Perry hangs out with and that's all that Perry's really concerned by.

Oct 10, 2022
Doesn't change that she goes now to an excellent hospital thanks to Seymour.
But if your take is to let her die, then Seymour saving her would be a moot point for him.
It's a good thing on Seymour POV, maybe with a hint of ulterior motive which includes Lena. I was talking about people are being nice to her more than she deserves.

Reactions: bonerland

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
Doesn't change that she goes now to an excellent hospital thanks to Seymour.
But if your take is to let her die, then Seymour saving her would be a moot point for him.
I think Lena can pay for the hospital too. When I played I had the option of paying, like 10 money units or something. Or Lena at least asked about the price.

Reactions: ffive

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
It's a good thing on Seymour POV, maybe with a hint of ulterior motive which includes Lena. I was talking about people are being nice to her more than she deserves.
Oh, its an ulterior motive for sure. He doesn't know Lena's mother and he has no reason to care about her [fan theory they were a couple]. But if someone gives me a present without any drawbacks, I don't care about their motives and gladly accept the present. And regardless how terrible Lena's mother is, the implication is that Lena cares for her, hence she sents money to her to begin with.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
No, you're just taking his behaviour at the face value your view of him requires. The face value for me is that his "normal" of Wade is the one that Perry hangs out with and that's all that Perry's really concerned by.
Right, and your version of face value includes "and that's all that Perry's really concerned by" which is an unnecessary and quite unfounded presumption on your part. Mine doesn't.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Oh, its an ulterior motive for sure. He doesn't know Lena's mother and he has no reason to care about her
It's sufficient to know she's mother of his model, and that Lena is concerned and stressed over her well-being. That can be enough of a reason in itself, if he wants his model to be able to give it her all during their sessions. Of course, easily earning Lena's gratitude isn't going to harm, either.

Andrea9999

Nov 9, 2022
There is universal mod to do just that: 0x52 URM, search it in this forum
I started a game with it....used it....and somehow found both MC's handicapped in the intelligence department. I do not know how I managed to get it to sabotage all of my intentions. I did not see how to manage the points; only how to get versatility in making choices as if you had all the points necessary.

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
Seymour is Lena dad,he misses clapping them mother cheeks so his using his money to get his youth back.
ORS is a story of incest in our modern times.
:Kappa:

Reactions: lucadiadis

jd8097619

Aug 27, 2019
Right, and your version of face value includes "and that's all that Perry's really concerned by" which is an unnecessary and quite unfounded presumption on your part. Mine doesn't.
Mate, it's only "an unnecessary and quite unfounded presumption" if you ignore Perry's behaviour in earlier chapters where he:
A - Repeatedly mentions how he doesn't like Wade being with Cindy and actively pushes on Wade negative assumptions about her behaviour.
B - His preferred idea of hanging out is either going to Wade's or having Wade come to his to play video games and smoke weed.
C - Actively resists any attempt to leave that pattern.

Frankly, from my perspective it's your position of wanting to give Perry so much benefit of doubt that to view his concern as genuine you basically have to ignore his behaviour in the previous 11 chapters which requires the "unfounded presumption".

Reactions: bonerland

Andrea9999

Nov 9, 2022
Seymour is Lena dad,he misses clapping them mother cheeks so his using his money to get his youth back.
ORS is a story of incest in our modern times.
:Kappa:
This is quite correct. The reason I have been talking so much about the LSD arc is that I have already seen this story unfold in a modern day replay on Broadway with the relevant sexes reversed of "Oedipus Rex". I believe the name was "Lena Regina" if I recall correctly.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Mate, it's only "an unnecessary and quite unfounded presumption" if you ignore Perry's behaviour in earlier chapters where he:
A - Repeatedly mentions how he doesn't like Wade being with Cindy and actively pushes on Wade negative assumptions about her behaviour.
B - His preferred idea of hanging out is either going to Wade's or having Wade come to his to play video games and smoke weed.
C - Actively resists any attempt to leave that pattern.

Frankly, from my perspective it's your position of wanting to give Perry so much benefit of doubt that to view his concern as genuine you basically have to ignore his behaviour in the previous 11 chapters which requires the "unfounded presumption".
The mistake you're making here is presuming that these instances somehow prove that Perry cares only about his own interest and can't be genuinely concerned about his friend, or consider their shared activities as something he believes to be best for Wade: that is, doing things he knows Wade enjoys, vs putting up with girlfriend who only vexes Wade with her demands.

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
This is quite correct. The reason I have been talking so much about the LSD arc is that I have already seen this story unfold in a modern day replay on Broadway with the relevant sexes reversed of "Oedipus Rex". I believe the name was "Lena Regina" if I recall correctly.
Did you play the update yet?
Theres a big Seymour spoiler you are missing.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: varpep

jd8097619

Aug 27, 2019
The mistake you're making here is presuming that these instances somehow prove that Perry cares only about his own interest and can't be genuinely concerned about his friend, or consider their shared activities as something he believes to be best for Wade: that is, doing things he knows Wade enjoys, vs putting up with girlfriend who only vexes Wade with her demands.
Right, but now you're also just presuming those things prove your view aren't you which is what you don't seem to want to grasp here.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
There are so many terrible characters in the game, main villain is not part of the who is the worst discussion. :LOL:
That is quite understandable if you play the game a couple times to see most of the things happening and how the various characters are.
Simply told, for all his faults, Seymour, the supposed main villain, is quite a decent guy compared to many others in the game. At no time he had an obligation to help Lena´s mom getting into a good hospital and paying for it. Still he did, while there might be an ulterior motive in scoring brownie points with Lena when their relations are not well, this falls flat on the paths where Lena and Seymour already have good relations at that point. Even at max relations Lena-Seymour, he pays for the hospital without blinking an eyelid. That is not a coldly calculated move by Seymour at that point in the game.

Perry:
Like some other players I learned to dislike him over the run of the game passionately! Stan is a saint on the obnoxious scale compared to Perry. Stan you can understand and sympathize with. Stan´s biggest problem are his nearly non-existant social skills, since he was mobbed from childhood and kept to himself as a reaction. He knows this and tries, but normally fails, at getting better in social situations. Most of Stan´s problems would vanish with a couple good friends helping him. Because when Lena talks friendly with him and he opens up a bit you can see that he is a rather decent guy whose social problems are a millstone around his neck.
Perry on the other hand has lots of options (even with his stutter) and a couple good friends, but despite this his character has some appalling flaws he seems to revel in up to a point. Since I learned to dislike Perry over the run of the game and I dislked Emma nearly from the get go, my Ian is actively trying to couple Emma and Perry up. They deserve each other! And as a second bonus they are out of the way then.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Right, but now you're also just presuming those things prove your view aren't you which is what you don't seem to want to grasp here.
I think we're going in circles at this point. My stance is that given the lack of proof for Perry's supposed complete selfishness it's reasonable to believe his apparent concern for his friend is at least partially genuine. What you consider to be my presumption is what we can actually see in the game, vs your presumption (Perry's complete selfishness) which we can't observe.

At the risk of invoking a meme "we're not the same".

Andrea9999

Nov 9, 2022
Did you play the update yet?
Theres a big Seymour spoiler you are missing.
No, it's debunked by the game itself, which is the reason the post you're responding to had :Kappa:in the spoiler.
Xupu: I was just joking. I did not play the update yet. Before I noticed the update I coincidentally started a new game with URM to try and get the Ian cuckold route. Thank you for telling me there is a Seymour update without spoiling it....though i am getting a hint it is not what I am hoping for.
Ffive: I did not understand the icon in the spoiler. I just exaggerated Xupu's conjecture into absurdity as a jest. Still these games are trees which spread in both depth and breadth so anything is possible in the future. Leave me to my blissful hallucinations.

4.60 star(s) 307 Votes