ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Funny how you claim I'm "inventing without anything explicitly present in the game to support it" when you're doing the exact same thing. You're reading a statement of his and interpreting it as purely "Perry wants the best for Wade" when it doesn't explicitly say that.
Yes, i'm taking Perry's behavior at face value, given there's no indications for me to do otherwise. That's Occam's razor -- the explanation that requires the fewest assumptions is usually correct. This is not the same as what you're doing, but the opposite.

Reactions: Maviarab

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
Who is treating her like a shit exactly? Her husband does as much as he can as far as we know, Lena treating her well enough and they only have a problem if the mum does something awful. We don't know any other interaction she has. Oh, even crazy psychopath brought chocolate to her and was nice to her.
The hospital. Normaly, she is expected to go to a normal hospital that won't treat her well, since she has no money. Seymour pays for a proper hospital that actually takes care of her.

• Love
Reactions: Andrea9999
Oct 10, 2022
The hospital. Normaly, she is expected to go to a normal hospital that won't treat her well, since she has no money. Seymour pays for a proper hospital that actually takes care of her.
Normally she was going to a good hospital but she decided to give all the money to her son. I don't know what you chose but in my first playthrough I let Lena gave as much as possible and it was a lot of money in the game and she just blew it all. I think Lena treats her better than she deserves.

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
Normally she was going to a good hospital but she decided to give all the money to her son. I don't know what you chose but in my first playthrough I let Lena gave as much as possible and it was a lot of money in the game and she just blew it all. I think Lena treats her better than she deserves.
Doesn't change that she goes now to an excellent hospital thanks to Seymour.
But if your take is to let her die, then Seymour saving her would be a moot point for him.

jd8097619

Aug 27, 2019
Yes, i'm taking Perry's behavior at face value, given there's no indications for me to do otherwise. That's Occam's razor -- the explanation that requires the fewest assumptions is usually correct. This is not the same as what you're doing, but the opposite.
No, you're just taking his behaviour at the face value your view of him requires. The face value for me is that his "normal" of Wade is the one that Perry hangs out with and that's all that Perry's really concerned by.

Oct 10, 2022
But if your take is to let her die, then Seymour saving her would be a moot point for him.
It's a good thing on Seymour POV, maybe with a hint of ulterior motive which includes Lena. I was talking about people are being nice to her more than she deserves.

Reactions: bonerland

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
I think Lena can pay for the hospital too. When I played I had the option of paying, like 10 money units or something. Or Lena at least asked about the price.

Reactions: ffive

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
It's a good thing on Seymour POV, maybe with a hint of ulterior motive which includes Lena. I was talking about people are being nice to her more than she deserves.
Oh, its an ulterior motive for sure. He doesn't know Lena's mother and he has no reason to care about her [fan theory they were a couple]. But if someone gives me a present without any drawbacks, I don't care about their motives and gladly accept the present. And regardless how terrible Lena's mother is, the implication is that Lena cares for her, hence she sents money to her to begin with.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
No, you're just taking his behaviour at the face value your view of him requires. The face value for me is that his "normal" of Wade is the one that Perry hangs out with and that's all that Perry's really concerned by.
Right, and your version of face value includes "and that's all that Perry's really concerned by" which is an unnecessary and quite unfounded presumption on your part. Mine doesn't.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Oh, its an ulterior motive for sure. He doesn't know Lena's mother and he has no reason to care about her
It's sufficient to know she's mother of his model, and that Lena is concerned and stressed over her well-being. That can be enough of a reason in itself, if he wants his model to be able to give it her all during their sessions. Of course, easily earning Lena's gratitude isn't going to harm, either.

Andrea9999

Nov 9, 2022
There is universal mod to do just that: 0x52 URM, search it in this forum
I started a game with it....used it....and somehow found both MC's handicapped in the intelligence department. I do not know how I managed to get it to sabotage all of my intentions. I did not see how to manage the points; only how to get versatility in making choices as if you had all the points necessary.

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
Seymour is Lena dad,he misses clapping them mother cheeks so his using his money to get his youth back.
ORS is a story of incest in our modern times.
:Kappa:

Reactions: lucadiadis

jd8097619

Aug 27, 2019
Right, and your version of face value includes "and that's all that Perry's really concerned by" which is an unnecessary and quite unfounded presumption on your part. Mine doesn't.
Mate, it's only "an unnecessary and quite unfounded presumption" if you ignore Perry's behaviour in earlier chapters where he:
A - Repeatedly mentions how he doesn't like Wade being with Cindy and actively pushes on Wade negative assumptions about her behaviour.
B - His preferred idea of hanging out is either going to Wade's or having Wade come to his to play video games and smoke weed.
C - Actively resists any attempt to leave that pattern.

Frankly, from my perspective it's your position of wanting to give Perry so much benefit of doubt that to view his concern as genuine you basically have to ignore his behaviour in the previous 11 chapters which requires the "unfounded presumption".

Reactions: bonerland

Andrea9999

Nov 9, 2022
Seymour is Lena dad,he misses clapping them mother cheeks so his using his money to get his youth back.
ORS is a story of incest in our modern times.
:Kappa:
This is quite correct. The reason I have been talking so much about the LSD arc is that I have already seen this story unfold in a modern day replay on Broadway with the relevant sexes reversed of "Oedipus Rex". I believe the name was "Lena Regina" if I recall correctly.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Mate, it's only "an unnecessary and quite unfounded presumption" if you ignore Perry's behaviour in earlier chapters where he:
A - Repeatedly mentions how he doesn't like Wade being with Cindy and actively pushes on Wade negative assumptions about her behaviour.
B - His preferred idea of hanging out is either going to Wade's or having Wade come to his to play video games and smoke weed.
C - Actively resists any attempt to leave that pattern.

Frankly, from my perspective it's your position of wanting to give Perry so much benefit of doubt that to view his concern as genuine you basically have to ignore his behaviour in the previous 11 chapters which requires the "unfounded presumption".
The mistake you're making here is presuming that these instances somehow prove that Perry cares only about his own interest and can't be genuinely concerned about his friend, or consider their shared activities as something he believes to be best for Wade: that is, doing things he knows Wade enjoys, vs putting up with girlfriend who only vexes Wade with her demands.

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
This is quite correct. The reason I have been talking so much about the LSD arc is that I have already seen this story unfold in a modern day replay on Broadway with the relevant sexes reversed of "Oedipus Rex". I believe the name was "Lena Regina" if I recall correctly.
Did you play the update yet?
Theres a big Seymour spoiler you are missing.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: varpep

jd8097619

Aug 27, 2019
The mistake you're making here is presuming that these instances somehow prove that Perry cares only about his own interest and can't be genuinely concerned about his friend, or consider their shared activities as something he believes to be best for Wade: that is, doing things he knows Wade enjoys, vs putting up with girlfriend who only vexes Wade with her demands.
Right, but now you're also just presuming those things prove your view aren't you which is what you don't seem to want to grasp here.

4.60 star(s) 306 Votes