5.00 star(s) 10 Votes

Tunak23

Aug 16, 2018
There's a while damn thing with Tamarack asking if you are a girl like her. And if you character is trans, you can make a point about it on the initial meeting with each character.

It sounds like you either messed up some of the settings in the character creator (I know for a fact the Mr/Ms/Mx thing is annoying cause it's auto on Mx and you need to uncheck it after picking another one if you don't want it), or just entirely skimmed over some things.
Aaah from the character generator to that meeting I used Mr and he/him,so yeah that solo female protagonist tag made me paranoid for a moment thinking that was only a novelty for a female character that identifies better with masculine pronouns.

I implied that the character was a boy on the Tamarack meeting so yeah just my mind being confused after reading that tag,trans protagonist/Male protagonist/female protagonist all should be tags for this one then.

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
Aaah from the character generator to that meeting I used Mr and he/him,so yeah that solo female protagonist tag made me paranoid for a moment thinking that was only a novelty for a female character that identifies better with masculine pronouns.

I implied that the character was a boy on the Tamarack meeting so yeah just my mind being confused after reading that tag,trans protagonist/Male protagonist/female protagonist all should be tags for this one then.
Yeah they really do need to fix the tags.

Jul 30, 2018

Tbf this thread should have the Character Creation Tag , Male Protagonist Tag & Trans Protagonist Tag but it always seems to be a problem with the Our Life threads to not be properly tagged because for the longest time the original Our Life thread had the Loli tag which confused a lot of people.

gamwezs

Jul 12, 2018
I know the game just got released but I thought I'd ask anyways, is there a release date for step one yet?

sir1998

Aug 11, 2020
I know the game just got released but I thought I'd ask anyways, is there a release date for step one yet?
They don't realse these games step by step they will most likely release the first 3 steps and then release the fourth one later.

verlyone

Mar 12, 2018
this game won't have a release for a couple years. it's just started development. Two of the stretch goals from Our Life: Beginnings and Always Kickstarter were for the initial development for this second game. with one of them with the stipulation of starting development early before the first game was finished. That is what they are doing now and those are the funds they are using (that and what they are raising from Patrons)

They are just working on this initial intro demo that will be released publicly this month and a longer one that may be released sometime late this year. There is no official release date for Now and Forever. gbpatch doesn't like to give them. they don't really even like to give estimates. They only give a date when they know the work is almost finished and we've beta tested the heck out of everything. :)

The first game still has a wedding dlc to be released and two more love interests have DLCs before this game will be the full main focus.

Jun 21, 2021
Aye, no sexual content in this one - and judging from how the devs gave it a 'teen'-rating on the itch.io page, that's probably not going to change in future versions.

Damn shame, man. Almost all the romance games with good art are sexless PG-13 stories.

Edit: speaking of tags, looks like the protagonist is customizable and can be male or female. So it needs a 'female protagonist'-tag as well.
They can actually also be non-binary, and use custom pronouns

Deleted member 3917737

Jul 12, 2021
The first game still has a wedding dlc to be released and two more love interests have DLCs
Whatcha mean? Two more love interests? is one of them a girl? because if so, I will be mega hyped!

im finished with the demo and im sad I cant date them both in the future now :/
Just have two playthroughs. Focus on the one you want to date the most first, and then the other one in the second playthrough.

Deleted member 3917737

Jul 12, 2021
No, it's Derek and Baxter. Two guys. As they have said, OL1 is a game with male love interests. While OL2 has female and neutral. (Though considering how much love Darren/Ren is already getting, we may get here as a LI if everything goes well.)
Oh, okay :( Thanks for letting me know. Here's to hoping it does go well.

verlyone

Mar 12, 2018
Plus, well, there are no girls for the mc to date in the first game. lol, the only girls the mc knows are related to them and the other one is in a relationship with Terri now. and gbpatch is not the type of company to make those kind of games.

btw, I know that poly relationships as a concept in itself is not a problem for the main dev. one of the projects that is on definite hold due to the artists not being available any longer was centered around a poly relationship.

the reason it may not be feasible for this project is the amount of work it would take to add all the extra coding. not to mention all the extra artwork. and everything else I couldn't even think of as I am not a game dev. lol. but I know it means more of a budget. This is already going to be a bigger game than the first game was because there are two love interests to begin with.

now this is me brainstorming and not coming from anyplace else. I'd think if it was going to be brought up in any real compacity it would be when the crowd funding campaign for the project is announced at some point. I mean the project has to have stretch goals of some kind.

Jul 30, 2018
Plus, well, there are no girls for the mc to date in the first game. lol, the only girls the mc knows are related to them and the other one is in a relationship with Terri now. and gbpatch is not the type of company to make those kind of games.

btw, I know that poly relationships as a concept in itself is not a problem for the main dev. one of the projects that is on definite hold due to the artists not being available any longer was centered around a poly relationship.

the reason it may not be feasible for this project is the amount of work it would take to add all the extra coding. not to mention all the extra artwork. and everything else I couldn't even think of as I am not a game dev. lol. but I know it means more of a budget. This is already going to be a bigger game than the first game was because there are two love interests to begin with.

now this is me brainstorming and not coming from anyplace else. I'd think if it was going to be brought up in any real compacity it would be when the crowd funding campaign for the project is announced at some point. I mean the project has to have stretch goals of some kind.
Just for everyone to temper their expectations Verlyone is basically right with the way its being handled it would be nice if we saw poly relationships for the people that enjoy that but I ain't gonna hold my breath since its basically been confirmed by the devs on multiple occasions that its the scale of the endeavor which is the issue.

poly.PNG

CookyDough

Jul 3, 2021
I know I won't employ that option, but I know some people like the harem approach, and I'm curious how the jealousy mechanism will play out with it.
Though, I would prefer the dev to invest in developing more LI routes instead of investing time in that poly feature. I mean, I hope it's at the end of their to do list, lol

Jul 30, 2018
I know I won't employ that option, but I know some people like the harem approach, and I'm curious how the jealousy mechanism will play out with it.
Though, I would prefer the dev to invest in developing more LI routes instead of investing time in that poly feature. I mean, I hope it's at the end of their to do list, lol
Personally I would prefer additional romances (especially to see the Jealously mechanic pop up there) or more moments with Tamarack & Qiu than a poly route but I know people have been scrambling for a poly romance for awhile.

5.00 star(s) 10 Votes