5.00 star(s) 10 Votes

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
Cove will freak the fuck out and awaken everyone if you try and kiss him. The most you can do is snuggle up to him.
The music also isn't meant to be sexual, it does kinda lean that way a bit but it's supposed to be romantic. It's literally called 'dance'.

Reactions: Jiffie

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
I think we should get on track talking about OL2, not OL1, there’s its own thread for that ;)

Do we yet know when the first actual release is expected? I’m so excited for this new journey!

GB Patch just uploaded a post on tumblr that says this exactly ' the Cove Wedding DLC and the Our Life: Now & Forever mini-demo will both be releasing publicly in January, 2022! '

Also a goal list that I somehow missed (I am blind as a bat sometimes XD)

GB Patch 2022 Goals:

· Release the Cove Wedding DLC, Derek Story DLC, and Baxter Story DLC for Our Life: Beginnings & Always

· Launch Our Life: Beginnings & Always on the Googleplay Store

· Release the Our Life: Now & Forever mini-demo publicly

· Release a full length Our Life: Now & Forever demo publicly

· Have Our Life: Now & Forever become our main project in development

· Launch a crowdfunding campaign for Our Life: Now & Forever

· Do some work on our older projects that had be paused after OL’s scale was immensely expanded

Last edited:

Princess Groundhog

Nov 5, 2018
Do some work on our older projects that had be paused after OL’s scale was immensely expanded
Speaking of their other games, I made request threads for, I think, all of their previous games, free and not free, but I don’t think any game threads were created. Only the Our Life games. But I’d love to have and talk about all the others, too!

Reactions: Jiffie

Princess Groundhog

Nov 5, 2018

Amnelis

Nov 24, 2020
I'm feeling a bit conflicted about the art, it is lovely and objectively better than the first game. But at the same time I do like the crisp moderatedly generic art of OL1 for a visual novel medium, it's probably just a matter of preference but I can see the OL2 art style + fall imagery getting a bit tiring on the eyes as the game progresses.

Also I'm dumb & couldn't find the display options for the VN or Comic style they mentioned at the beginning of the game, I think the default is the comic one?

Jiffie

Nov 8, 2017
I'm feeling a bit conflicted about the art, it is lovely and objectively better than the first game. But at the same time I do like the crisp moderatedly generic art of OL1 for a visual novel medium, it's probably just a matter of preference but I can see the OL2 art style + fall imagery getting a bit tiring on the eyes as the game progresses.

Also I'm dumb & couldn't find the display options for the VN or Comic style they mentioned at the beginning of the game, I think the default is the comic one?
First, to help you out with the text boxes, don't quote me, because I currently don't have the beta installed (saving space on my PC), I believe it's if you switch to "simple text/font" or something like that, all games typically have it, and it takes out the decoratives/fonts and send everything back to basic. I dunno, sorry, I really didn't focus on this because I was anticipating experiencing, and rather like, their immersive textboxes. So, to answer the question, yes, the comic one is on by default (I would assume this is a good thing, because who wants to downgrade? I don't think the set up was too visually impairing...?).

As for your art critique, could you elaborate? I don't understand much of it, but the "fall imagery" part, I think the art looks very similar to OL1, other than obviously having "crisper lines" and better measured anatomy, which is a given since OL2 is made practically years after OL1 (you can see the artist coming into their own through OL1's journey), I think it's a nice improvement, and can't imagine reverting back. On the "Fall imagery", part, I'm afraid I have to disagree as well, both because Autumn is my favorite season, and orange is my favorite color, one of which I hardly ever get to see anywhere, ever ( and blues seem to be the popular colors for anything, this is me complaining because I hate both of these colors, but I get they're "earthy"). But, I don't think this is going to change, because the feature of OL2 is that you play out the moments of these characters in Autumn; OL1 was Summer themed, and I think they want to make a point to switch it up with an Autumn one, now.

Speaking on this, I'm curious how they plan to implement Autumn moments, for the grade school ages, because this is typically the time when children go to school; do you think we're going to get some school drama? Some detention scenes? School projects? Now I'm just spitballing ideas, here, but wouldn't it be cute to have the age old cliché of a baby partnership project? We might even be able to experience child raising in this game, without having to age the characters at step 5+ (homage to OL1's marriage in step 4), and the characters don't even have to be committed/dating/adults!

Amnelis

Nov 24, 2020
The option was right there lol thank you! I just find the text & portraits looks a bit cramped in the comic version.

For the art style I mean there's more of a brush stroke texture to it, specially the forest backgrounds & the CGs, it got more of a book artwork look compared to OL1 that was very polished & well made but had a more non descript VN background style. I do prefer the new character design though, they look a lot more expressive now, can't wait to see how Tamarack & Qiu will look in future steps. Yeah by fall imagery I mean all the orange :ROFLMAO: we're opposites since I dislike it & prefer green/blues instead, I'm already into Qiu's muted green jacket for example haha. I'll be fine as long as they bring more visuals like the Monster House film for example, there's lots of orange but mixed with some yellow & duller earthy colors. I am hyped for cozy interiors too, including the MC's bedroom.

I do hope we get some school scenes! My goody two shoes character having to take detencion due to something that either Qiu or Tamarack where involved is something I'd love to read. The baby partnership has to be there too! it's too brilliant of a idea to be ignored. I'm also looking forward to ghosts stories & whatnot, it's a shame that Cove won't be there so my MC could tease him about it :p I guess I'll be able to put my dislike towards orange aside & enjoy the overall feeling of Autumn that I do like.

Jiffie

Nov 8, 2017
The option was right there lol thank you! I just find the text & portraits looks a bit cramped in the comic version.

For the art style I mean there's more of a brush stroke texture to it, specially the forest backgrounds & the CGs, it got more of a book artwork look compared to OL1 that was very polished & well made but had a more non descript VN background style. I do prefer the new character design though, they look a lot more expressive now, can't wait to see how Tamarack & Qiu will look in future steps. Yeah by fall imagery I mean all the orange :ROFLMAO: we're opposites since I dislike it & prefer green/blues instead, I'm already into Qiu's muted green jacket for example haha. I'll be fine as long as they bring more visuals like the Monster House film for example, there's lots of orange but mixed with some yellow & duller earthy colors. I am hyped for cozy interiors too, including the MC's bedroom.

I do hope we get some school scenes! My goody two shoes character having to take detencion due to something that either Qiu or Tamarack where involved is something I'd love to read. The baby partnership has to be there too! it's too brilliant of a idea to be ignored. I'm also looking forward to ghosts stories & whatnot, it's a shame that Cove won't be there so my MC could tease him about it :p I guess I'll be able to put my dislike towards orange aside & enjoy the overall feeling of Autumn that I do like.
No problem!

Ah, yeah, I see, orange is an acquired taste, it's sort of why it's my favorite (I was a rebellious kid who wanted to like a color no one else liked, so I chose orange, and I loved it ever since; long story.). But I understand now! And, yes, they do look sort of like "paper" people; it looks like you can create them with cutting random shapes into colored construction paper. Hmm... I don't know what my take on this will be, it is more artsy than OL1, and you're right, I do prefer OL1's more realistic design, but I didn't really notice until you mentioned it; so I have to give this one to you.

Yes! This, I'd love to get roped into detention because of these goobers, I was a total boring ass nerd in school, so I never got in trouble, so I might find myself playing a goody-goody character as well, even though I try so hard to be bad, it's hard to do so when killing, thieving, and taking over the world isn't a game option. I am looking forward to a baby option the most, though, someone should really suggest this to them.

That's all the things I wish I could have had with Cove, not so much the school stuff (because I know OL1 is Summer), but something high stakes and dramatic involving their school/classmates. we have we've had the makings of it, from the library moments, homework moments, bully Jeremy, running away, country club dance, and such, but I wants some clique drama, school popularity, antagonistic students who try to bully/steal your friends/crushes; illegal liqour filled teen parties! I'd like to do a ghost hunting club, I thought it was fun searching for ghosts with Cove, so OL2 could revisit that with more detail. I'm super excited, I have so many ideas, I can only imagine what the developers may come up with!

sir1998

Aug 11, 2020
There was a minor update to the beta

New Content:

• There's a couple more references to the MC's details
  • You can acknowledge your chosen nickname though, because you've just met these people, the two of them don't usually go right to calling the MC by a nickname themselves
  • A handful of new MC doll options were implemented, the MC icon also closes their eyes in some expressions
  • You can now use a Randomization button on the MC Appearance Screen
  • We've added info buttons to the Dynamic Screen
  • The buttons on the Preference Screen have been updated
  • The mat image at the end of the game had its finished version added
  • Some small errors were fixed, a bit of rewording was done, and a few more choice options were added

Princess Groundhog

Nov 5, 2018

Tunak23

Aug 16, 2018
So are we always a female MC no matter the pronouns we choose at the start?
I believed that using "he/him" would have meant that the protagonist was a lad?

It is not that difficult to let people truly select their character's gender with real repercussions.

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
So are we always a female MC no matter the pronouns we choose at the start?
I believed that using "he/him" would have meant that the protagonist was a lad?

It is not that difficult to let people truly select their character's gender with real repercussions.
Have you not played the other game? Or the demo for this game?
Because you wouldn't be asking this if you had played either.

Tunak23

Aug 16, 2018
Have you not played the other game? Or the demo for this game?
Because you wouldn't be asking this if you had played either.
Played the demo and I believed that my character was a male giving the pronouns I choosed but it is a confusing subject.

The demo's plot didn't make any mention/clarification did they?
Cause if it did honestly missed it.

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
Played the demo and I believed that my character was a male giving the pronouns I choosed but it is a confusing subject.

The demo's plot didn't make any mention/clarification did they?
Cause if it did honestly missed it.
There's a while damn thing with Tamarack asking if you are a girl like her. And if you character is trans, you can make a point about it on the initial meeting with each character.

It sounds like you either messed up some of the settings in the character creator (I know for a fact the Mr/Ms/Mx thing is annoying cause it's auto on Mx and you need to uncheck it after picking another one if you don't want it), or just entirely skimmed over some things.

5.00 star(s) 10 Votes