VN Ren'Py Our Fate: Remake (Dev Thread)

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
It's actually good that i have so much to learn about the characters, their motivations, personality...So i just need to keep the ball rolling.
I will do my best but i'm also looking for people who are willing to help me with dialogs and such or just giving me feedback about my own writing.
Tried to send you a PM, but I think you have that feature turned off...

Anyway, if you want, I could try to help out with writing ((story and dialogs).

Be warned though: I am not a native English speaker nor am I a writer... ;)
I have no experience at all with Renpy programming either...
And I would prefer communication via F95Zone only (no Discord).
And my time is quite limited and irregular.
Finally, I am more interested in the good path of Our Fate than in the dark path. (I just couldn't do it to Claire, LOL!)

So, a lot of negatives, but on the plus side, I am not really interested in money. :)

Let me know if I can help out in any way.

• Haha
Reactions: TokyoR

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
I think I actually like your first design for the daughter better :LOL: Even if she didn't look the same as the original character, I think she looked better with the younger look and slimmer body. After all the changes her face looks much older (maybe too old?), and maybe too serious/stern looking? angular? not really sure. Not trying to insult your work btw! I just think it's not possible to make her look exactly like the original model, so perhaps better to focus on just getting her to look as good and realistic as possible - to me, the newer model looks more like a mom than daughter
I think that if this game is to be continued, it should be in the same vibe and more or less the same look as the original.
So in my opinion, what you or me find more attractive in a girl doesn't really matter.
But I don't really agree that the model looks more like a mom than as a daughter, I think she looks around 20, which is fine for this game.

V19XX do her legs seem a bit shorter / thicker than the original?

Last edited:

Majindevil

Nov 20, 2018
i really wish you luck loved the game and was really disapointed that it was not continued...
and as much as i liked the models even in the outdated state the story and writing compensated for it damn would even play the continuation if it was a text novel or with stick figures made in paint but so far your models look not bad

Reactions: Lululelouch

Caligula

Donor
Aug 22, 2017
"Our Fate" was awesome and I miss it. Just when I became a patron it was put on hold and eventually became abandoned. What I really loved was the style it was written. Both routes I played, love and domination (technically there were more routes), were written amazingly.

V19XX Your renders look really great, I like the new models. If you really manage to bring it back to life while capturing the spirit of the original, I wouldn't mind throwing a couple of bucks your way. :)

FreddyK

Apr 8, 2019
Took a look at your last version (V2). She looks beter and beter :)

I have the impression that her hair is a bit too "flat" compare to the original.
I don't know if it would be possible to give it a try to put some "volume" (mainly on the front I think)... not that much, just a little.

Ty for your work...

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
Oooh V2 looks MUCH better! Not only looks younger but features are now a bit "softer" to match the original design. She actually reminds me a bit of Stefanie Scott, who I think is beautiful

Acardia02

Jan 27, 2019
Good luck, Our fate is one of my favorite game and the girl still one of the best girl for me, so I hope not much difference in term of the visual and character.

Reactions: TokyoR

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
I would say the new design is really, really close to the original the only difference right now is the eyes of the later being narrower. The thing is that's how old she looks like originally, that's why i made her "younger" in the first place, some people like the character looking the same as the original and others (like you) prefer a different younger version, the thing is i'm not finished with the design so the more people willing to give me feedback the better i can please more of you. (Also i don't think she looks that old lol, i would say 20, she just have older facial features, long face and wide chin)
View attachment 1358885 View attachment 1358886
Eyes and jawline on the new one are definitely rounder. It's enough to scream "different"!

TokyoR

Aug 30, 2018
GO FOR ITE ARG , DONT EVEN STOP , GO FOR IT , DO YOUR VERSION , IT WILL BETHE BEST NO GIVE UP GO FOR IT , ARRG , is better to have more content on this and leave as it was . go for it T.T ..if some people say this or that , no matter , we have to be realistic s , each developer has his own pros and cons and differencies , so it will be no the same , BUT THE PLOT STORY AND SO was amazing it should be continued , ♥ GO FOR IT ..... do 200 RENDERS ON CGS version with text below , even that will be better THAN NOTHING , SO YESSSSH GO FOR IT OR ANYTHING♥

Reactions: Lululelouch

TokyoR

Aug 30, 2018
To continue our discussion as per my post:
https://f95zone.to/threads/our-fate-a-new-family-v0-15-se-cedsense.7220/page-203#post-6389792

With realistic, I meant that it seems that you have enlarged boobs and butt on your model, compared to the original. In my opinion, you have overdone it as little bit. The original model seems like a person you are more likely to meet in the real world, vs. a girl who is arguably prettier but less... plain? I hope I explain myself properly, I'm struggling a bit with finding the right words. What attracted me to the original model was that her shy and naive personality matched her slightly introverted, but still very pretty, looks.

But I have to say I do like her face in the banner on the top of this thread!
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2021/08/1378240_Claire_Banner.png
That dreamy look has indeed the same feeling as the original!

I'll go through the files of the original to see if some scene matches your poses for comparison. View attachment 1356424 View attachment 1356425 View attachment 1356426

In the last picture, the differences are much less apparent than in the other picture. Except the eyebrows, which is one part of the original I disliked a bit, so no complaints there. ;)

Your lighting and textures are obviously way better / more up-to-date. (y)
HE IS GOING FAIRLY SUPER GOOD , BETTER THIS THAN NOTHING SO , GIVE HIM THE MOST SUPPORT YOU CAN GUYS , ♥ AND YES BETTER DO THE CORRUPTED ROUTE FIRST OR SO ... ANYTHING IS GOOD AT THEND ,,, OR EVEN A PACK OF CGS s ... witha good writed story .....

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Looks different, feels different. Hope the over all finished produce will get the all important "innocent virginal" feel to it.

FreddyK

Apr 8, 2019
I don't think so.
Svenvlad is also doing the same thing, making a remastered version of katie's corruption for a long time and I don't remember any mod showing a red light for that.
But again V19XX has been silent for some days which makes me a lil bit worried.
V19XX hasn't been silent for some days...First post of this thread has been updated with piectures of Shenice. There was also at some point a preview of Ray, but it has been removed. Last update of the post was yesterday.

V19XX

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2018
Looks different, feels different. Hope the over all finished produce will get the all important "innocent virginal" feel to it.
Not sure how it can feel different when i didn't even write a single sentence or made a complete scene render yet :ROFLMAO:
I could have made the game with the exact same look and quality, will also be easier, but WHY would i do that lol, the dev didn't put that much effort in the environments or chars in the first place yet alone light and render quality, but it was decent for it's time. Anyways i hope i can do a good job keeping the game the closest i can to the original.

PS: What do you think of Shenice, guys? I'm working on Ray and Anna and that's gonna make all the cast for the next "update", i'm still working on Claire, her body and outfits i think i'm done with her face and hair, and i just need to get some extra locations done to get to the writing and render phase :unsure:

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
Not sure how it can feel different when i didn't even write a single sentence or made a complete scene render yet :ROFLMAO:
I could have made the game with the exact same look and quality, will also be easier, but WHY would i do that lol, the dev didn't put that much effort in the environments or chars in the first place yet alone light and render quality, but it was decent for it's time. Anyways i hope i can do a good job keeping the game the closest i can to the original.

PS: What do you think of Shenice, guys? I'm working on Ray and Anna and that's gonna make all the cast for the next "update", i'm still working on Claire, her body and outfits i think i'm done with her face and hair, and i just need to get some extra locations done to get to the writing and render phase :unsure:
I like the look of Shenice also idk why but when i look at the Father's new look I can't just help but think of the protagonist from Alan Wake (Who also has the same name as the game) they have a kinda similar look.

Reactions: V19XX

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019

By looking at the available pix at least one can imagine and get a feeling for it. The reverse with a written text where the imagination runs wild and your brain creates the images.
What I meant with different was the memory of the original virginal girl versus your version.
Not complaining since your version could be just as good if you keep it up.
Your doing an excellent job so far!

Shenice looks younger and fine to me.

Keep it up and I'll enjoy the release of the game/VN in the future

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes